So obviously I have not a lot going on in my life if I decide to blog about one of my biggest fears. The "bee family"...aka, the hornet, the wasp, the bee...anything that chases me and wants to hurt me! I have something to admit, for those who don't know me. Yes, I am afraid of scary people, of monsters, of spiders, of anything that could harm me, but I am terrified of bees. I have found that as I grow older the fear only gets worse. Have I ever been stung you are wondering..??.... No I haven't and maybe that is the fear but the other part of the fear is that bees want my body! I know, sounds pretty vain right, but they freakin want me!
So, my family makes fun of me because of this fear but in the last two years whenever I go to my moms house, a bee immediately is there to greet me. Call it service, but I hate it. No one believed me. My mom finally said, "Look I will go out there and I will prove that there is no bee." So she went out there and stood for like ten minutes walking around her front yard. She comes in and says, "See, no bee" and I say oh yea, I will sacrifice myself and prove it. The second I step out on the front porch...."HELLO, the freakin bee is in my face." I of course embarass her by running like a screaming child back into the house. So point made. Then one day we were laughing about it and my brother and his wife were there and they walked us out to the car. I was sitting with my window rolled down and "wham, the bee comes at me. I swat it away and get my window rolled up. But the bee is now sacrificing himself and ramming into the window. Witnesses were there. No joke we drove off and the bee stayed attached to that window for the entire block. Now a family joke!!!!! Four witnesses..my mom, my dad, my brother, his wife and then of course those who live with me and deal with this fear on a daily basis. Could I have Greg, Dallin, Alex and Colton please stand! Let's give them a hand.
Well, the year passed and I thought, let it snow all year because bees don't bother me in the snow..hopefully they freeze to death..... Well, I must tell you that that stupid bee didn't freeze or he/she passed the obssession onto a relative because once again I am the only one at that house who is being attacked! Greg and my mom had to convince me to come to the car last week because I so maturely ran screaming back into my moms house when the bee found me. Sad, when your children have to say, "Mom just say Shew!" Glad it works for them but it doesn't work for me. So, why do we have bees...oh, I think we have some honey fans out there...not I. I hate honey. I was in total shock when I read in the newspaper that there was a shortage of bees. Boo hoo, who freakin cares. I seriously wouldn't care a bit. Greg says that honey is Gods candy. What? Now if those bees were poppin out hot tamales or swedish fish then I could handle an obsessed bee here and there but not for honey. I refuse to lay down and be stung for honey. I have decided that I must just smell really sweet because maybe some of my high school friends will remember Fred. Oh, "who is that" I here? That was only my pet fruit fly. He took up residence in my space. I swear wherever I went, Fred came too which is why I finally named him. It was quite annoying at first, but I came to realize that Fred didn't sting our bite and that whenever I was talking to myself and someone caught me that I could say I was just a talkin to Fred. Fred still visits every now and then but I think he is terrified of the bee and keeps his distance.
I have been known, although, I will deny it if authorities came a knockin, to leave my small children in their carseats at Costco,...in the parking lot,...while I have been running from attacking bees. I did come to my senses and realized that the poor innocent child...with a feeding tube...was probably also being attacked by the bees. So I sacrified and chased those mean bees away and got my children safely in the car while the bees were still attacking me. When I finally got in the car... I realized that I left my coke on the front hood of the car. You know it is a fear when you are willing to leave the coke on the hood of the car and just drive away and watch as it falls off. If anyone else has noticed, Costco is not only popular with humans but also with bees. Seriously..look around next time you are there.
So, small creatures like me. Some may say it is because I stink, but then you don't know me very well and the fact that I have an obsession with deo. and smelling good. So, for all of those who make fun of me day after day about being terrified of bees..don't come to my funeral when I die from a bee sting!!!
13 comments:
Um, I have got to go and change my pants, because I just wet them. Is it bad ta tI have been waiting for you to post something bcause I know that I it would be funny. And I have to tell you that you didn't let me down. Dang that was funny!!! hey I am with you on the whole bee/honey thing. I can take it or leave it. I do however think that the big fury bumble bees are kinda cute. No worries though I am on your side, and I will be on the front row at the funeral. I mean, what am I saying. You will be at mine before I am at yours. I do think it is because you smell sweet, It can't be the other. I know the deo obsession! You now what they s thouh. Bees and dogs can smell fear. Thank you Jerry Maguire.
Becky-You are so dang funny. I am so glad I stayed up late to read that. It is just what I needed. I hate Bees and I feel like they are out looking for me too. Maybe you should wear Bee Repelent? Is there such a thing? Maybe you could invent it.
Thanks for the laugh! I feel your pain.
YOu are hilarious! I love that your kids tell you to shew them away. That's why you've been blessed with boys - to take care of the bugs for their mother. The run in's I have had with bees have been mucho unpleasant so I hear ya - down with the bees! The only comfort I have is that the meanies die after they sting you. Good luck!
PS YOu totally should invent bee repellent! That's so how you'll make your millions!
Seriously- that was the funniest post ever! You need to submit that somewhere, you could make some money off that one! I have to admit, I can recall many instances when bees have shown up around you. I don't think they are attracted to bad smellsw- if that were the case you would be attracting flies! You must smell too sweet. I love ya and will be sad if you die of a bee sting- though I think we'll just publish your post in place of an obituary!
Thanks for the laugh. I am with you too on the afraid of bees thing. I have never been stung and I do think the fear gets worse the older I get. I hate hornets more than bees because at least bees die after they sting. I love your house, the views, and the cute pictures of your boys.
Bex,
No need to feel guilty when listening to any of the talks!! You are dang near close to perfection!
Becky, I think we must be kindred spirits. I hate bees, hornets, wasps, etc. and I also HATE honey! Peter thinks I'm crazy because honey lasts for "centuries", and that they found edible honey in Egyptian tombs. Well, all I can say is "Let the mummies keep it". Your post was hilarious. I think they must be attracted to you just like the boys were in high school. Did you run from them too?
Not to repeat what has altready been said but that was hilarious. I too have been checking your blog often, because you write the best stuff. Thanks for keeping us all laughing. Your the best.
I have to admit, and please don't hate me, I love honey. I think it is fabulous. I love honey on toast, cornbread, peanut butter sandwhiches... But I do not like bees. I think I was stung in the forehead when I was little, ugh! Layne is a little bit allergic to them. So it freaks me out when I have Owen outside. I get worried he got that trait from Layne... we live in teh middle of of smalltownusa... where do I go if he is allergic? Ahhhhh!! But I did finally realize we have a small clinic in town and they would probably have something for him. But still I don't want to have to go through it. So in the end, I too hate bees, but secretly love honey... is that allowed???
I don't mind bees, but that's probably because I don't encounter them very often. I do, however, have frequent encounters with mosquitoes. If there is one mosquito in the house, and a roomful of people, I will be the only one with mosquito bites...what can I say, I must smell pretty darn good.
Great post. Keep 'em coming!
OK. I've gotten behind on my commenting. Loved the post! I was laughing so hard! It reminded me of a time on my mission when I literally pushed my comp out of the way so I could get away from a dog that was running after us. The dog bit her bum. Yeah. I won comp of the year.
I couldn't stop reading because I wanted to know how the story ended...your are too funny. I am with you. I hate bees. Thanks for making me laugh tonight. I needed it! :) Renee
Post a Comment