Monday, October 5, 2009

Big Boys do Cry!!


This post is for me..and for me only...because I don't ever want to forget it!!! Today the boys came and asked me for the crayons so that they could color...they love to draw me pictures and I love seeing their pictures....I wish I was better at saving them...but honestly...I don't...and now I will repent.
Well the boys went downstairs and about 10 mintues passed and little Colty came upstairs so excited about his picture. I do the normal, "Oh wow, buddy look how good that is. I love it!" He then proceeded to roll it up and look out of it like a spy glass...so cute..and so Colton. A few seconds later Alex bounded up the stairs and came and showed me his. It was absolutely darling. He said it was a picture of me and then up to the side of me was a little thing that sort of resembled a t.v.,...sort of and he said, 'Mom, this is your imagination." I thought it was so darling that he had thought of drawing a little box for my imagination and I guess I must have really made over his picture. Okay...I did and I hung it up not even thinking about poor Colton. Well, I hadn't noticed that Colton had disappeared back downstairs until he came up holding his picture close to his chest and he had the biggest tears streaming down his face and he said in the saddest voice, "Mommy, I'm sorry, I don't know how to draw your imagination.." Um, dagger straight through the heart...I think I am the worst mom in the whole world.
So, now I may have to seek counseling because I am going to become a hoarder because I won't dare throw away any of these precious pictures they make for me......if you come to see me just excuse the standard white papers with darling drawings hanging on every square inch of my walls...its what a good mom does!!

12 comments:

Renee said...

I am always so torn when those cute drawings are given to me...they usually sit on the fridge for a few weeks and then I have the guts to throw them away. Every once in awhile I regret it until I open up my junk drawers and realize that it really is good to get rid of things. I keep of few but maybe I should hold on to more of them! :)

Shantelle said...

Soo cute! Totally know what you mean. I heard a good idea once. Instead of having all the papers lying around just take a picture of them and have a file on the computer that the kids can access easily so you can enjoy them without taking up any space. I haven't done it but I think it might work. Love your blog. :)

Nick and Deanne said...

So cute! Poor Colty. I am the worst at keeping pictures - it must be a Peterson thing. I think Nick's mom has every drawing and school picture he every touched. NO thanks. The worst though is when Addie sees one of her pictures in the garbage and I have to act surprised like maybe Olivia threw it away. Oops!

Rachel said...

It's just one of those things. You are a good mom and he has probably forgotten all about it by now! Love ya!

Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

That's so stinkin' cute! Here's a solution I learned on Oprah. Keep them on the fridge for a few days and then scan them into the computer. That way you have them forever! And then you can print them into a book later :) It works really well for us!

Miss Pete said...

It's all about you, isn't it. You save the ones where they draw you. J/K

That's too cute. It is definitely a Peterson trait. Megan has found pictures in the trash. My secret is I usually stick their picture in the middle of a catalogue that I'm throwing away.

My kids each have a large rubbermaid that fits under their bed. They can keep whatever art projects/school work they want. But, when it's full, we have to sort through it and decide what they are willing to throw away. Occasionally I will do the sort when no one's around. Sometimes it's easier that way.

cammie said...

Oh... that is cute! It is funny how little things affect little kids... it is so important to them! Just be grateful you don't have 60 trying to give you a picture everyday... I mean I don't have 60 of my own... but my students never stop and I only have so much space... so I am sure some of my kids get hurt if their picture doesn't make it to the wall cause there is no more space... but they think it is because it is not good.. sad!

Rebecs said...

That is so sad! You are right you are the worst mom in the whole world :). Really though, what a sweet little guy. I love that he is so tender. As for singing in the car, you are so right. It should be socially acceptable. I do it too, who doesn't!

Scott and Megan said...

complete sidenote...I had a dream about you the other night...i know don't be alarmed, it was just this once. But you had another baby and it was of course a boy and you named him Cooper. um...maybe I need to get a hobby or something, but there ya go. My subconcious thinks of you and wishes you another child...I guess? Anyway xoxo

Amy Morris said...

Becky you are one of the best writers I know. every time I read your blog I feel like I am standing right next to you- I love it!

As for the cute little drawing- I try to always take a picture of them and then throw them away. Then you will always have it but it won't take up any space :)

Steve and Dee said...

Seriously, 3 months since you've blogged...why have one anyways? Ha ha ha! What are you up to? Call and chat sometime!
Dee