Okay, I just have to vent for a minute for my sanity. I hate getting ready for trips. I always like leave a clean house, which makes no sense because you just come home and drag all the luggage through and within a matter of two mintues tops your clean house is now a dirty house. I really think I have sat for three mintues today and I still have packing to do for our Grace Idaho trip and for our Phoenix trip. AHHHHH! I am so tired.
I am on the other hand very happy. I know it doesn't matter in Kindergaten but Dallin did another amazing job on his report card. I am such a proud mom and it is so much fun to watch him learn and grow. I can't believe he is reading....next thing to work on.....get him to like reading!!!!! He also had a coach pitch game last night and not only did you hit a home run, it was a grand slam!!! He has done so well with coach pitch and Dallin and his buddy Tanner are the only Kindergarteners on the team, the rest are in First and Second grade. What can I say, I am a proud mom. Let's just say he didn't get any of it from me. If he was out there picking the flowers and doing cart wheels then I would say he got it from me....I am a little worried that that might be Alex. Just kidding, we set up t-ball for him at the game last night and people kept commenting on how far he could hit it and then when he'd throw the ball back to Greg he has an arm. Once again....not my genes!!!!
Wow, I am starting to feel better already. Now, I need a nice big Coke to seal the deal!!!!
Chow!
6 comments:
My mother-in-law insists on having a spotless house when she goes on vacation. Why? In case she dies and the Relief Society has to come to her house (do they do that when you die?). I think one of the BEST things in life is coming home from vacation to a clean house. Definitely worth scrambling to get it done! But I don't envy you having to unpack 2 1/2 weeks of travel. Have fun with that!
I just have to say that Dallin and Kamryn better get married. . . they will have Olympians for children by the time they mix their atheletic abilities! You should be proud!
I am the same way about my house. In fact, I just did it. I always ask myself "Would I be totally embarrassed if someone had to come into my house while I was gone for some reason?" But you are right about it being a disaster again as soon as you walk through the doors. So why do we bother?
I know, why does it seem so much better if the house is clean before we leave? It does feel nice though after a trip to come home to a clean house. Love that a Coke just topped off your day. I need a Diet Dr Pepper to complete mine.
I understand. I drive myself insane about having a clean house in general. Especially when we go out of town. I'm also a little OCD about unplugging stuff, locking the house down etc.. It's fun once your gone! Have a good trip!
Becky, I do the same thing. I like to have a clean house to come home to. We just got back from being out of town and like you said... 2 minutes or less... messy. Though it was my fault... we got in late and I was too tired to put things away and I convince Layne we should just go to bed.
Anyway, your page is fun. Love your little boys, they are so cute! Good luck with the drive. Do you have dvd player???
Post a Comment