Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wow it really works

Well, I can't believe it! It works. All this time I didn't think that my blogging page worked and I was looking at Jen's and saw all the people she had hooked to hers and so I got on and started looking at everyones. well, I decided to attempt it again and it said I already had one and so you can imagine my surprise when I saw that people actually got on my blogging page. Yeah,...I am starting something new and it worked. See Greg and I are a match made in heaven except for the fact that neither of us can fix anything or figure anything out on our own and that makes for a sad mix. Take for instance our swing set....could have been a good reason to maybe divorce...just kidding...but it has been almost put together for two months. We spent a Saturday doing it and we got it almost put together and decided it was either stop putting it together and finish later and still be ...you know...."inlove" or keep going and yeah...well.

Life is good. My little Dallin finishes kindergaten tomorrow. I think I will have a harder time with first grade since he will be gone all day. I can't even believe how fast time flies. My babies are growing up. Where does the time go? I am started to recall memories of my mom and her friends from when I was little and I can really relate to her. I always thought my mom was so old when I was younger but she wasn't. I am sure that is what my kids think of me...although I am a goofy mother. I think they think I am just a little strange sometimes when I turn on the music and dance around the house. Let's face it... I will always be a little goofy. I will do things with the boys and then they will do it infront of others and people will say.."oh, that is something Greg would do.." That's funny since I just taught them to do it....(I say in my head) All though, Greg and I are two peas in a pod. I know what he is going to say even before he says it. We definetly share a brain.

We are getting ready to head out for two weeks. This is Greg's third year directing EFY and we are heading down to Phoenix to do an EFY there this week. Greg's brother Jeff is going to be one of the speakers and so that well be fun. We are then heading over to Disneyland for a week after that. I am dreading the driving. Greg's sweet great grandma just passed away on Memorial day and so we are heading up to Idaho for the funeral and then heading straight down to Idaho. Hello, 17 hours of driving with three little boys! Crazy. I am just glad she died before we left because Greg would die if he couldn't go to the funeral. She was one of the most amazing women. She would have been 104 years old in August and her husband died when she was around 50 and she has been so ready to die for so long. She has always wanted Greg to sing at her funeral and so there is no way we could have missed it.

Well, I better start doing something!

7 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

I love your blog! I am so glad that we all have these fun sites. You are so funny, and I could read your blog over and over. I don't even try to attempt to help Deron with anything. We both know how that ends up:) I love the pictures, and I can't believe how big your bos are! You are right, where has the time gone. I remember walking to your house from westmore, and eating vitamin C's Alright, enough with the past. You had better come to the reunion!! You have nothing to be worried about. Hello, who didn't want to date Becky Peterson in High School...You have to come!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! Your boys are so cute and so big! It sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead. Have a great time!

Devon said...

Okay Becky, your boys are so cute! And Dallin is done with kindergarten? Crazy! Good luck with your long car ride...you're a better mom than I am (I just refuse to go anywhere if it is more than a 2 hour drive.) Have fun!

Jen Tornow said...

YEA! I have been anxiously awaiting your next post! I can't believe how different all of your boys look. Each of them looks like one of their parents, but they still don't look a lot like each other! Derrick and I fight any time we try to fix or put something together. So now I just do it. He does the lifting, and I read directions and put things together! Sorry to hear about Greg's grandma. Good for you guys for being so willing to make the long drive. Thank goodness for travel DVD players, is all I have to say!

Rachel said...

Becky- I was happy to see that you posted again! Your boys are so cute. We need to get together this summer. Kamryn honestly asks to play with Dallin ALL THE TIME! Call me when you are in town! Love ya lots!

Annie said...

Isn't it crazy that we are going to have 1st graders? I still am in denial. But I have to say, I had to get over the all day school thing this year. Grace got on the bus at 8:20, and didn't get home until 4:20. Now THAT's a long kindergarten day. (And they only had one recess. Those crazy texans are a little education-crazy!)

Megan said...

I'm happy to see a new post. I have been waiting too! Hope the road trip goes well. AS for the home projects go... I buy the stuff and Matt puts it all together. I like to shop.. he likes to assemble. I definently have the better end of the deal!