Sunday, June 17, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Yeah, we are home. I always love coming home and of course it is nice to come home to a clean house even if it is overtaken by laundry in the first five minutes. We had an absolute blast though! We stayed at a great hotel. I was so happy when we drove up. I had booked it on priceline and after our hotel in Phoenix, I was a little worried, but yeah, it was great. It was nice to actually have a maid come in everyday to clean the room. We were in Phoenix from Sunday until Saturday and the maid came in once! We went to the beach on Monday and that was great. The boys had so much fun. We then did Disneyland for three days. I have never seen it so busy in my life. The average wait was 1 hour at least and the new Nemo ride was a 3 1/2 hour wait. We obviously decided we would have to try Nemo on another trip. The boys loved every second of it. In fact in church today, Alex was looking through a hymn book. He was trying to tell Greg something and Greg wasn't understanding so Greg sent him down to me. He was looking at the picture on the front of the book saying, "See, there is Mickey's house." We went with Jeff and Kerri and we had so much fun. I was so glad they were there because we were able to trade off and do stroller passes and the boys loved having Cooper there. It was fun to see the kids having somuch fun and of course the kids all walked away with all pirate stuff. The funniest was when Colton saw Mickey Mouse. I don't know why but he went crazy when he saw him. He just started jabbering away at Mickey and trying to hug him and kiss him. He was in awe of him. He didn't do that with any other character. It was funny to see. We had thought about either going to Sea World Friday- Sunday or going to Las Vegas, but we have been gone since May 31st and so we decided to make the trek home on Friday. It was long but it was nice to have Saturday and Sunday to recover. There is no place like home!!!!!

Just a shout out to the wonderful men in my life. I am so grateful to my dad and the man that he is. He is such a wonderful person and an amazing example to me. I am also grateful for my father in law.....he is wonderful and raised an amazing son. Which brings me to Greg!!! I love him with all my heart. He is such a good dad and I think my boys are so lucky to have him as their example. Happy Father's Day!!!!!

We have a busy week ahead. Dallin has swimming lessons and on Thursday he gets to ride the sheep at the P.G. rodeo and Alex has two days of speech testing this week plus his speech pathologist and his occupational therapist coming!!! Oh, and Dallin has baseball too!!! And it is the Manti Pageant...mine and Greg's famous first date and Greg has inservice this week so we will not be seeing much of him!!! Back to life!!!!!! It feels nice!!!!!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey- glad you are home safe and sound. We hope to go to Disneyland in November. My girls are so excited! Hopefully we will see you soon. PLEASE come to the reunion!!!

Dottie Stay said...

I am so happy that you had a great time! I would love to hear more about what the boys thought of Disneyland. i love the one with Colton and Mickey. You will need to post your pictures! Love your cute boys Bec, they are just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Even though vacations are fun, it is always nice to come home. I am glad you were able to have a great time with your family!

Layne & Kellie said...

I'm glad Disneyland was a much better experience than Pheonix! It sounds like your kids enjoyed it. I can't believe people would stay in line for 3 hours for a ride!! Yikes.

Are you not coming to the reunion?? I hope you do!!

Annie said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. It makes me want to go to Disneyland, too! There's just something magical about your kids first trip to Disneyland. So fun to see their reactions.

Johnson said...

I am still debating about the reunion. I know, I am crazy but I just don't think I am going. I am dumb, I know!!!! I want to see everyone,...I just don't want everyone to see me!!!!

Jen said...

Becky, why in the world don't you want anyone to see you? Of all people-- you should strut right in! You look great, you have a great family... COME! I'm going and I still have pregnancy weight lingering on my body like a bad joke!

Rachel said...

I am going to be nine months pregnant! Of all people, I am the one that needs to worry about people seeing me! Just come- it won't be the same without you. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! If you can't tell I'm begging now!

Book Club for Mommies said...

Hello, I still look like I am nine months pregnant and my baby is 15 months old. Can't use the excuse anymore that I just had a baby!!!! I truly wish I could lose weight, but I am fine with who I am....it is just something about seeing people from high school that brings those old feeling right back!!!! Just reading all the blogs on the high school webpage just brought back all of those insecurities!!!!! I am still thinking. If I change my mind I will drive the money over to Mind's or Jenny's house if I have too,....by the deadline I promise!!!!

Dottie Stay said...

Um, Hello, you do not look pregnant at all!!! Have you seen the pictures you have just posted!? BEAUTY! What are you talking about!? You ALWAYS look beautiful!! No worries, just come!!! You make me laugh so hard. I think we are all hard on ourselves. Everyone will be too worried about themselves, and won't care what other people look like. I think it is normal to worry about ourselves, but it shouldn't stop us from having fun! We are all moms. I can assure you that most everyone's bodies have changed. If they haven't, we will kill those few people. See, problem solved! :) WHO CARES!!! COME!!!!!!! I will sneek you in the back door. :)

Jen Tornow said...

Hooray! You are home and we get to hear what's going on with you again! I agree--There's no place like home!! (Even if you live in Farmington, NM)

Devon said...

Becky, I really want you to come to the reunion just because I am selfish and everything you say makes me laugh my head off. Plus, once it's over and you didn't go, you can't change your mind and ever go back to see people you'll wish you had seen. I know if I didn't go, I'd totally regret it later (how's that guilt working...?) Anyway, I hope you'll come - at least for my sake!

Johnson said...

I am feeling good about it now. just the people I love get to see this bodacious body of mine!!!! I am feelng pretty good about my decision, besides I didn't get my roots done so now I can't go...how is that for making sure I can't change my mind now????!!! j/k