Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Who wants to be a cowboy anyways

This blog is in dedication to my sweet little Dallin who has just finished his last year of riding the sheep. Yes, the sheep...once more...the sheep. I know, I am paranoid and I let originally my four year old get on the back of a sheep...not just a sheep...a moving sheep. I don't know what ever possessed me except the fact the Dallin was wanting to so bad and I thought in the past I had laughed along with everyone else while these cute little kids came trotting out on these sheep, slipping to the side until BOOM they hit the ground. Not so funny when it's your kid hitting the ground. I remember the first time Dallin rode the sheep. It didn't help that when they announced Dallin and his age everyone around me seemed to gasp because how young he was...I shrunk and pretended like it was someone else's kid. No, just kidding I cheered and tried to videotape the whole thing. Problem being that I was shaking so bad that you could barely see what was going on. He did great but he didn't win the trophy or the prize. He was disappointed but still had the rush of riding on a sheep. Last year he was more determined to win the trophy. This time I sent the video camera with Greg because I thought he would be able to get a perfect shot right down there in the shoot or whatever you call it. It was perfect, he had a nice shot of Dallin getting ready to ride his sheep....one problem. Greg followed Dallin with his eyes and not the camera. We do see Dallin take off and then he disappears at the top of the camera. We laughed and laughed. What a funny, typical, Greg story. Well, this year was different. Dallin was older and very determined to win it all. He thought that there was a $100 prize if he won and he kept saying, I am going to win and I am going to give the money to my mom and dad so they are not poor anymore. Ahhh, what a sweetheart...if only $100 made us not poor....dang wouldn't that be nice. Needless to say, Dallin didn't win and to make it even more crummy,....the sheep stepped on his "whoo-hoo". Poor guy. He cried and cried when he saw his beautiful, gorgeous, lovely, mommy...which is me of course!!! ( I'll always take a confidence booster even if it comes directly from....ME!) I love him and I am so proud that he would even have the courage to ride the sheep. So here's to Dallin, my courageous, brave, and strong son!!!! Yee-haw....(let's hope the rodeo'in is out of his system)

Other than that, life is great...it is summer days by the pool and summer nights by my hunk...okay, okay, even I am puking over that one. No really I just love summer. I love being with my kids and I seem to want to eat healthier and excercise more. I said I seem to want to...I didn't say I am actually doing it. It is the thought that counts...right??? The one problem with summer is that it goes to quickly and then a new school year comes and it goes so fast and before I know it, my kids are another year older and life only gets faster. Sad...I love the stage that I am in. I have never been so satisfied and happy with my life. I am so content and comfortable with the life Greg and I have made for ourselves. I am so blessed. Anyways, enough of the soap box...time for Dallin's baseball game!! Did I mention he is the best little player on his team....he get's it definetly from............................................................................Greg, ofcourse!!!! Tootles!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Loved the blog today! I'm sorry about Dallin's injury. . . and that he didn't win $100 for you. He's such a sweet boy, you are doing such a good job with your sons. It was fun to see you guys the other night at the BO- maybe next time we can all go together! I have free kids pizza coupons. . .

Dottie Stay said...

Cute blog Bec! Your boys are so adorable. Poor Dallin. I feel so bad about his little injury. You are so beautiful! You tell yourself that everyday, because it is nothing but the TRUTH!! I wish you were coming to the reunion, but I will see you at lunch, so i guess I won't be that mad. I took Hooly Virchow home from work the other night, and she showed me where you live. Your house is so nice, and really cute! Where are you moving? Closer to me!? Have a great day!

Johnson said...

You know I love you guys! Rach, we need a Brick Oven date for sure. It is my favorite!! Where did you get free coupons???? I am never shy about using coupons!!

Minds- you should have stopped by and said hello. It is a great neighborhood but we are trying to move out to Spanish Fork next to Greg's brother. It is just a better home for us....now if only we could sell the house!!!!

Jen Tornow said...

Uh, Becky, since when are you moving? And I thought we were going to be in the same ward...oops, I already screwed that idea up! Way to go Dallin! Leave it to Becky to have a son who rides sheep!! That's awesome!

Annie said...

he rides sheep? How did he get a gig like that? That's so cool!

Johnson said...

You know what, I can hardly believe he rides the sheep. But, we had some friends in Pleasant Grove whose kids did it and so they gave us the name of the lady in charge so we just call her every year to get him signed up!!!! He wanted to do it, so I guess I decided that that was one thing I could maybe let go and let him do!!!! i'm crazy!!!

Layne & Kellie said...

Sheep riding sounds sweet! Where do I sign my son up... do they have an "almost 2" league? :) Though the thought of him getting an injury like that... yikes!!

Loved your blog. You are a great mom!