Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Let's hear it for MY boy!!!





I heard a funny coincidental story today! It made me think. Let me share. Back in the day, when I was young, (around 18), blonde(not fake), and skinny(110 pounds..ouch!!! That one hurt to type), I met a young boy..I will not divulge any more info than that.... He pursued me and pursued me until it became obnoxious. But, I knew without a doubt that my "vun twu love" was Gregory! This guy would flash his money and possessions in order to win me over but instead it was a turnoff. I was destined to be poor..because rich boys were not my thing. Oh, I preferred the more down to earth...fun guy!! You know the type of guy who at a BYU game is so fascinated with making a cougar noise and watching his hand move like a cougars in front of his face. (yep that's my Greg!) Or, the type of guy who tells me his date is as beautiful as the stars in the sky...(you guessed it..Greg again!) Or the type of guy who sings Barry Manilow at the top of his lungs...need I explain to anyone who this was??? (He still signs his letters to me with "can't smile without you!") Everyone together now...."Ahhhhh!"


Okay, now I am just reminiscing! Anyways, my mother was just talking to one of her best friends about moving here and my mom asked whereabouts she moved to. She then told her whose house she moved into and my mom about died. That's right..Mr. Not so Charming! She said he was so dishonest and rude and that the whole neighborhood was so happy when he moved!! One neighbor even rejoiced that the devil had left the neighborhood. He even played the, "I can't move on the price because my wife really wants this million dollar mansion on the golf course and I am just trying to be the best husband possible!!!" GAG! Oh, don't feel bad for him. He sort of deserves it. I remember on our first date we were passing the street that my parents lived on and I said, "Oh, my house is down there!" (I was living in the dorms). He said, "Well, I want to see it." I said okay, but being insecure I also said, "it isn't as big as your house." He then looked at me and said, "Hey, here's the deal. I'll forgive you for being a poor girl if you forgive me for being a rich boy. Fair enough?" Uh,... um..., okay idiot! The date was a nightmare for me. At dinner he told me how much fat was in my food...I told him, Um okay, and then the next time the waiter came by I asked for extra sour cream and guac. (he, he) Needless to say, he was too much for me! After we were both married my sister was at his house for a party. She just happened to be asked out by one of his best friends. Anyways, he cornered her at HIS and HIS WIFE"S house and told her that he had been having dreams about me and that in the dream I kept telling him that he shouldn't worry because things were going to work out between us! PSYCHO!! There are plenty of stories about him that would knock your socks off, but I won't divulge anymore. I just thought it was a small world that she had bought his house oh, and that people can't stand him.


It also made me even more thankful for my sweetie! Is there any better than my hubby? I think not!! Greg is the most easy going person in the world. Every time I am mad he just starts laughing and laughing at me..(which usually drives me crazy), but I can't help but start laughing. I have to leave the room so he still thinks I am mad, or turn my head so I don't crack a smile. I remember one time..that's right, one time that he got so mad at me that I think a potty word came out of his mouth. I seriously thought it sounded so funny that I was hysterical laughing. He didn't think it was too funny but I just thought it was the funniest and oddest thing to come out of his mouth!!


Everyone loves Greg! Even when we had our babies, by the time I made it up to see the babies in NICU he was best friends with everyone in the NICU. Life got boring when he had to go to work. I didn't have quite the effect he did. When he was there, there were nurses and resp. therapists that would just hang out and talk! If you've met him, chances are you love him! He makes my life fun and entertaining!! So, we may not have it all...but I am so happy with everything that we have. I love Greg and my three mini Greg's!!


Easter was different. Colty was super sick and we were up all night with him and so the day was mostly spent at home! It was actually nice to be home as a family all day. The night before we went to a family reunion on my side of the family. This was for all of my extended family leading from my Great grandparents. It was incredible! The family who put this on spent so much time and money putting this together. It is amazing to see what two people can accomplish!!


So this reunion made me think of another crazy boy story. Back before my senior year of High School I went to EFY. I loved EFY and there was always a bunch of cute boys to choose from. (that was the important stuff back then) Well, this particular year I saw this amazingly cute boy. I just knew I was inlove. I remember even seeing him reading the newspaper and thinking, "Ahhh, he even looks like a real man reading the newspaper." I sorta specialized in boys! Well, I believe he had the hots for me too. You know, we'd smile and say "hi" when we passed at each other. Well, by Friday we were working up the nerve to converse with each other. I was walking behind him after classes and his friends said, "Hey Parker, Becky is behind us." So, he slowed down and we started walking together with his friends just barely infront of us. I don't remember how the conversation got to this point but we made a gruesome discovery. We shared a favorite relative! Ew, sick, we were second cousins!!! His mom and my dad were cousins! No wonder I thought he was a looker...we shared the same genes!! (wink, wink) I wonder how many family reunions we had actually been to together. Well, his friends were very mature and fell to the ground laughing and we immediately parted ways disgusted by our initial love for each other. Coincidentally we had a family reunion that same summer that he very conveniently missed and his aunts and my parents kept telling me that second cousins was distant enough...GROSS! So, out of all the sessions of EFY and all the boys and girls that come and go...we just happened to find each other. I can imagine what our deceased loved ones were saying at that point....that is some sick joke!! I am sure that will go down in the ancestral story books!!




So, he was there and we both have obviously not gotten over our embarrassment because we stayed on opposite sides of the room from each other. Although I did take this picture of Greg and Colton because he was sitting off in the distance behind Greg...but you can't see him. Ohhh, this is my life. I always have the unusual things happening to me.


Anyways, that was fun to go back in time and remember how lucky I am to have found my husband!! We seriously share a brain..no seriously. We couldn't think without the other one!!! And, so far we haven't discovered any family ties to each other....whew!!!!

6 comments:

Sharlynn said...

You are so dang cute. I remember both those guys. Too bad I wasn't around when you were dating Greg. Everytime I read your blog I just want to hop in my car and drive over to your house and hang out with you. Oh and about your house....if you thought you were poor than I was really poor. Your house was bigger and better than mine growing up!

Rachel said...

Wow Becky. Isn't it funny how much your mom wanted you to marry Mr. Not So Charming, only to hear this story ten years later? I am glad that you have Greg, he is the funniest guy I know, and the two of you together are a team that can make me laugh till my sides hurt! Troy wants to get together again soon. We'll have to plan something! Love you both (and all the mini Gregs too!)

Nick and Deanne said...

That's funny. I haven't talked to mom yet so I didn't know the story. I'm not surprised that his neighbors didn't like him. What a weirdo!

We're all glad that you married Greg. I love how he tells stories. He is the perfect seminary teacher.

Devon said...

Your husband is pretty much perfect for you. And I remember that other guy...you TOTALLY pegged him! Can you imagine if you had married him? Yikes!

And here's a little FYI about my mom...every single family reunion when we were teenagers, my mom would look around for future spouses for us (she loves red-headed boys, and there are always PLENTY at our extended family reunions). It was pretty disturbing! Every year we would have to convince my mother that dating second cousins was NOT ACCEPTABLE! Seriously, I paid attention to Mr. Glassford's biology class at Lakeridge and his stories about 6-fingered children living on islands where inbreeding was acceptable (I only remember the important things from Science classes!). SO I'm totally with you on that! And your little Gregs are DARLING - waht a cute picture! Hope you guys are all healthy now!

Renee said...

Becky, you crack me up. You are very lucky. I hear nothing but oh so positive things about your hubby! Thanks for taking us on a trip down memory lane! I love it when you write!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Your blog is so great! I loved reading and catching up! And that video is the most cheesy thing ever!! I loved it! Love the story about the creepy guy that you dated! I had one of those too! Mine wasn't rich though. ;-)