Okay...I am reposting because the word on the street is that the lovely picture I had on there with those teeth is sickening people. My mom wants to make sure people know that that isn't my mouth...you all know that right? Geez..I was really concerned!! Now I post a picture that is opposite of the other one...this is what I call my perfect heaven shot!!
So what to post about? I have approx. 3 minutes before I need to run up and jump in the shower and head off to my really really long day.
Let me recount mine and Gregor's date last night because oh, it was eventful. Greg has decided to make his muscles BULGE and has been lifting weights all of two days...I'm so proud!! But he is in a LOT of pain. You would think that he had been smashed by two semi's by the way he is walking around. And try squeezing his pecks....okay, don't try it unless you want to see a grown man cry. I actually wanted to see a grown man cry so I did it probably no less than 50 times last night. Haven't seen tears like that in ages!! My favorite line of the night is when Greg mentioned his soreness and said this following line....."I know I was probably in a lot of pain after my car accident...but I swear I don't remember being in this much pain....." That was about the time that I peed my pants. Really? Seriously? I said, "Let me recount your accident......knocked out cold for who knows how long, broken face, sliced up face, metal rods, metal plates, 400 pound man smashing you.....NEED I SAY MORE?"...."Ya..I can kind of see how that compares to lifting weights at the High School gym." Too funny, too funny indeed!! That my friends is why I love my husband. He is entertaining...even when he doesn't mean to be. Now some may think I am harsh and rude and disrespectful to my love, love, lover......YES you are right, I have nothing else to say!
We...dear people....have play tickets. I got them for Gregor a few years ago so that he had no excuse not to take me out on a date every 6-8 weeks..they were paid in full at the beginning of the year and we really love going to the plays and so have continued with the tradition. Last night was play night and so my madre watched the kiddos for us and we went on our date....Greg's sore muscles and all. He amazed me and schmoozed me at dinner as he stared at the wall and took 20 minutes to lift his sore...super muscly...arm up to feed his face with his salad..(he's also on a diet...I hate to break it to him but I don't think a Cafe Rio salad counts in the diet..as a salad..) Apparently when you lift it affects your WHOLE body and your ability to talk. So..I talked and he moaned...and listened. After dinner we headed to the play. New seats..we usually sit in the same ones but they were still fine nonetheless because they had the requested leg room that my man needs. The play was fine. Wasn't one of my favorites and I am assuming it wasn't one of Greg's favorites either because normally we giggle and laugh and look at each other out of the corner of our eye through the whole play but every time I looked at Greg his eyes were glassed over and dazed......poor Greg. Which was fine until I heard an awkward noise and even more awkward when I realized it was coming from Greg's corner. Yes....he was snoring!! "Oh my...um honey bunches..you are snoring!!"
I was bummed because we decided to leave at intermission but was consoled at the fact that he wanted to go get a hot chocolate to warm our bods..my chubby bod and his very very sore muscly bod. We aren't usually hot chocolate drinkers and it showed as we tried to fill up the cups with the hot chocolate machine at walkers...... I suggested putting some vanilla creamer in the hot chocolate because I'm going to gain 10 pounds from my drink anyhow and Greg was concerned that THOSE WERE JUST FOR COFFEE DRINKERS. I tried to tell him that the creamers are not the bad part of coffee and that it actually added some nice taste to the cocoa..but he wasn't having any of it!! Oh Gregor!! the bonus in our life this very night was when the cashier asked us if we wanted some donuts. We slighly looked at each other...um...."they are free" said the cashier..."Heck load them onto the napkin chick...we ain't no dummies"...so we had cocoa and donuts all while my husband sat through the pain from lifting weights to try to lose some weight......PERFECT!!
There was no kiss on the front step...but it was a great night as I towed all the kids to the car so that Gregor wouldn't have to lift a muscle!! Now that my friends is what 10 years of bliss will do to you!!! Love you Gregor..hope your muscles start bulging more and hurting less!!!
12 comments:
I have nothing to say because I'm laughing too hard.
That was the greatest post. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I saw Greg walk up my stairs last night as if he had been decked by a semi. Too funny.
By the way, I'd much rather look at Greg's butt than that toothless mouth! Thanks for takin' care of a sister.
Too bad that I can relate...amazing what a bit of exercise will do to our old bodies! Glad you topped of your night of dieting with non-fat hot chocolate! I wish I could have been on that date with you - I laugh just reading about your adventures!
I would much rather look at Greg's buttt than at those nasty teeth. Not that I'm looking...well I am but I just can't help it when it's right there in front of me like that. I love when I see you posted something new because I know I'm in for a real treat. You are so dang funny.
it's really sad that when we use muscles we haven't used in a while that we become so sore that we never want to use them again. Kinda defeats the purpose.
By the way what play did you see and where?
I enjoyed reading this made me laugh, but at the same time I know the feeling after not lifting in a long while. Of course not the same weights as Greg may have been lifting;) I needed a good laugh, thanks:)
That is hilarious! I am laughing too hard. I wish I was there so I could squeeze his pecks - not in a weird way - just to see him cry. :) You guys make me laugh. I love that you had to carry the kids to the car. So funny!
Oh my gosh. I am laughing so hard that I can't see to type. I needed that today. Thanks! Oh hey, if he loses any weight on Cafe Rio Salad, LMK I am so right there with him on his diet.
Greg is just too innocent! I wish I could relate to his pain with the lifting, but sadly I have been awful about lifting the past few YEARS! Hope he has fully recovered.
Oh my gosh! That is the best story. Of course you have something funny and wonderful to report per your night out with Gregor. He makes me laugh. The creamer. O, that is a good one. Alica and Erica took me to the gas station for hot chocolate once in high school, and they wanted me to try the "mocha" flavored hot chocolate from the machine. I had to tell them that it actually was coffee. That was funny. So Greg, totally makes me laugh. I hope his body starts to recover. The first days are always the worst. And seriously, of course you had to take the donuts. She practically forced them on you and they were free, so the calories didn't count!
Me too! My back is killing me after shoveling the snow yesterday! However it did give me the incentive to keep exercising. I may as well do it while I am already sore, right?
I wanna know what play and where too?
Post a Comment