Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Young Minds




My kids always crack me up. They also always touch me with their little spirits. Here is yesterdays example with Alex:

Alex: Mamma, I not feeling so well. Ohhh, I feelin so sick.

Me: What is wrong buddy?

Alex: Satan wants me to be a bad person. Ohh...I not feeling so well.

Me: What is Satan wanting you to do?
Alex: He wantin me to think of bad girls.

Me: Uh, Oh....
Alex: Don't worry mom, I not thinking about Satan, I thinking about Jesus. I going to say a prayer right now. Heavenly Father, please, Please, PLEASE I not be a bad person. PLEASE. I not want to be a bad person. Please not let Satan let me be a bad person.

He is so sweet and it amazes me sometimes how much kids really know. I also wonder if scripture study with them is really important at this young age and then they amaze me with what they remember. I know it is important.


And then there was Colton:

Okay, he really is a sweet boy but he has a different streak through him then I am used to. He thinks it is funny to address everyone one by calling them butt...including calling everyone and everything a butt in his prayers. This morning I asked him who Jesus's mother is and he said, "Butt" and then rolls on the ground laughing. I on the other hand am hiding under furniture so I am not struck by the lighting. I told him he was not allowed to talk like that and I flicked his mouth and he looks at me and sticks his tongue out at me and says, "That not hurt!" I told him he was going to go in a time out and he said, "You want me to kill you mom?" He is a big talker because then when I stood up to go get him and put him in time out he runs through the house like he is being chased by the most horrible thing you could imagine. I have never had a kid talk back to me like that kid. BUT....I love his sweet side too. He really has such a sweet personality.



And why not share a story about Dallin:

He told Greg the other day that he thinks he had a migration. Greg said "A what?" And Dallin said, "you know Dad, what YOU always get...a migration"....I am pretty sure he meant Migraine.

I'm pretty sure Greg has said something funny this week too...I just can't think of any right now.

Until next time.....

11 comments:

Nicki said...

I want to know what kind of "bad girls" he's thinking of. LOL this was a very funny post and it' so good to hear other moms talk about their "one" child with the different personality.

Miss Pete said...

So my ice cream deal only worked for one Sunday. Last week I told Josh he was on 2 scoops and if he didn't stop, he's was only going to get 1 scoop. He asked if he could have 3. When I told him 3 is not an option anymore he said, "Ah, I'm not hungry anyway. I don't need any ice cream." Little stinker with no motivation tactics.

Good thing our little guys have that sweetness in them. I love your boys! We need to live closer to each other. Have fun this weekend! I'm so bummed I'm not coming.

Renee said...

Funny as always! Your boys are darling and I am glad that you have a sense of humor as a mother!

Jamie said...

I love the "Butt" thing. My 2-year-old likes to call everyone a B word too! It's so nice and I never get embarrassed!

Rachel said...

Your boys are so funny! You are doing a great job with them all!

Paige and Jason said...

such cute cute boys. Dallin thanks me every morning in the cutest voice. Alex sounds like the cutest kid ever. And Coltin...must be a youngest child thing because with mine...HOLY COW!

Devon said...

Your boys are too cute! And my little Kennedy runs from me like crazy too if I start walking towards her when I'm mad. It seriously looks like I must beat her by how she acts! I keep waiting for someone to call social services just because I walk towards my 2 year old!

The Warner Family said...

Cute boys! It's the cute moments even though they are very few, that make the bad moments, which happen more frequently disappear. Thank heavens that Heavenly Father made children cute, or there would be far less adults in this world!

Layne & Kellie said...

He he he he I love your posts AND your sweet boys. Owen will tell me... "Mommy, Heavenly Father loves you. He loves me too." Talk about melting my heart. But then turns around and tells me not to touch his toys and that I need to ask him first if I want to play with them.... ummm I never touched them in the first place. :)

I LOVE your new photos!!! You have a beautiful family!!!

Dottie Stay said...

I love your boys Becky. It makes me feel like mine are normal. I hate the word butt. Carter says it and I told him to stop saying it when he said that ethan kicked his butt in Mario kart, and he said, well, ethan kicked it. What? half the time i don't know how to respond to the insanity around here. BTW the pictures of the boys are so wonderful. Who did the pictures? They are so so good!

Marla said...

Becky, I'm an OLD mission friend of Gregs. I have to tell you I laughed outloud and had tears in my eyes reading your blog. Especially your 'Greg says the darndest things' sidebar. That is so perfect! It is so the Bega I remember and it was so hilarious to read. It's what endears him to so many. You seem like a perfect match for such a great guy. I'll be a blog follower!