Dearest Children,
I am writing this letter in regards to some troubling news I recently heard. It will affect our lives forever and I felt as though I need to write you this letter so that you can remember better days. Before a few nights ago, I felt confident I could live with my fear...enjoy everyday life...with as few "interruptions" as possible. Now, I am not so sure.
I hope that you remember the days that were better. When we could go out side..cautiously..but outside nonetheless. We could visit the park...although I know you have caught mommy running and screaming and chucking you in the car at a seconds notice because we were under attack. We'd go out in the front or backyard to frolic and play..until circumstances caused us to all four come running for our lives back inside..only to giggle and recall the "close call" we all shared that day. Alex you won't remember this but I recall leaving you in the Costco parking lot...in your car seat as I decided to run through the parking lot.....(okay so that is a bad memory..forgive me.) We have gone on picnics as a family..that may or may not have ended early because of a nuisance of sorts. Good memories my little kiddos..good memories.
I am sad to say that these memories will be all you have to hold on to these days. We will remember with fondness the beautiful out doors and summer days and say.."remember when"...and we will have to enjoy those memories. I probably have some good family movies we can watch of us outdoors that will help us to remember what the outdoors may have looked like. I guess I probably have some explaining to do as to why we are bolting our doors and no longer existing on the outside...except maybe in the night time..we will see. I have an article from the news I would like you to read to help you understand what is going on.
"So-called killer bees have arrived in Utah. Washington County authorities confirmed Wednesday that Africanized bees have been found, something public safety officials have been worried about — and preparing for.
We figured it was an eventuality that was going to come to pass, Africanized honeybees do not just swarm out of the sky and attack people like some B movie,(WHATEVER) but they are far more aggressive in the way they defend their colonies and will defend a larger area than European honeybees," the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food said on its Web site. "They have been known to seriously sting or kill pets, livestock and humans, and this behavior has earned them the nickname 'killer bees.' " Deseret News
We figured it was an eventuality that was going to come to pass, Africanized honeybees do not just swarm out of the sky and attack people like some B movie,(WHATEVER) but they are far more aggressive in the way they defend their colonies and will defend a larger area than European honeybees," the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food said on its Web site. "They have been known to seriously sting or kill pets, livestock and humans, and this behavior has earned them the nickname 'killer bees.' " Deseret News
Comprehendo? I can't take a chance on me (I mean you) being attacked so aggressively by something so terrifying and annoying. As if bees weren't bad enough, they have to now be "killer bees?" Has no one ever seen "My Girl?" You would think our goal as a society would be to get rid of..eliminate killer bees. But it is not so..and so dearest children it is with deepest regret and fear that I must turn you in to hermits..lock you inside....and do my duty to protect you from such nasty NASTY insects. And I dare say...if any of you open the door and allow one of those murderous bees into my house.....it won't be pretty. I love you!
Truly yours,
Mommy
10 comments:
I am seriously going to wet my pants!
Oh Becky, I am sorry about the bees. And yes, I do remember My Girl...that movie still makes me hate bees! And I LOVED your high school memories post! And what kind of friends do you have that would make fun of you for pointing out your roots at your reunion? Oh, was that me? Sorry about that! You are seriously the funniest girl ever though! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!
Hilarious! You totally crack me up!
All I can say is good luck! Maybe you could get bee suits for the family! Then you could still be outside and be totally stylin' too!
Heaven help us! Because I know your being funny, but I also know that deep down you're serious about this.
Moooommmmmm! Becky thinks there's killer bees hiding in the tree with the man who's looking at her. Will you cut down the back tree like you did the front tree so she'll come and visit again.
BTW, you know they sell bee traps at Home Depot. Just hang them all around your house like Chinese Lanterns.
That picture is classic for this post!
You are so funny! I am sorry that your boys will never know the joys of playing outside again. Good luck! Love you.
I think you are officially crazy! I'm coming to rescue your boys. Some people may think you're joking about not going outside this summer - but I know the truth. Why don't you just move to PA and live by me. We don't have killer bees here. :)
oh my gosh. you are hilarious!!! seriously! hahaha.
oh man. i can't stop laughing. :)
Girl you can make me laugh like no other.
Although I do share your fear and trepidation.
I HATE BEES WITH A PASSION!!!
Post a Comment