Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tax Suicide


Don't you think this picture looks kind of like it fits with a nerdy tax person...sorry D....

I think Greg and I just about gave in to Tax Suicide. We no longer like each other after spending three hours down at the *#($ computer and have resorted to opposite sides of the house. Actually I can hear him upstairs munching some munchies...oblivious to the tax stress...because lets face it....he observed while I entered and stressed. Our love will probably be rekindled by the time the mula hits the bank...oh crap..and then its just going straight to pay off debt. Ah, the joys. Although, I saw a lot of tax credits for adoption....hmmm....maybe next years taxes.....





Anyone else feel stress from taxes. My heart hurts. It always scares me...the IRS scares me. I just enter everything in like it says but it terrifies me that I am doing something wrong and that I'll be talking to my children next year through bullet proof glass.....AHHHH!! I have to read everything like 20 times to make sure I am doing it all right...and still it stresses me.





I'll write something blissful tomorrow but for now....I have to go eat some chocolate!!

9 comments:

Nick and Deanne said...

That is why I pay $200 for a CPA. Much easier and I know it's done right. It is seriously worth the money.

Miss Pete said...

We leave it up to the CPA too - money well spent! They seem to get us more money back too. We like that!

Think of Scott's poor parents. They're trying to figure out what they did wrong with raising their 4 sons. 3 are attorneys and 1 is an IRS auditor. (I love to give them a hard time, especially since Scott can add realtor and owner of used car sales. You can't get much lower on the ladder).

Jamie said...

WHY in the world do you do it yourself? Save yourself the headache and get an accountant! Mine's awesome and only charges $65

Anonymous said...

There are a few perks being married to a tax accountant - tax season however bites!

Jen Tornow said...

It scares the heck out of me. I used to do ours, but finally resorted to leaving it up to a CPA. At least HE knows what he's doing. So now I'm scared of our CPA AND the IRS.

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

For the first few years that Brad and I were married we had some one do our taxes, then one year we gave Turbo Tax a try and we'll never go back. This year we used Taxact.com and it was great. I guess I am cheap, but I will not be paying someone to do my taxes again. We get the same amount back either way, well actually we get meore back when we do it ourselves, because we aren't paying someone to do it. Good luck...I'm sure you did everything correctly. It's a conspiracy by CPA's to make you think you can't do it yourself. LOL

Paige and Jason said...

Im sorry but the stress of doing my taxes is worth paying someone else to do them.

Marla said...

You are a good woman Becky. I am very capabale, but I'm also very bossy and I refuse to do stuff like that. I tell him it's a 'manly thing'. Sometimes it works, sometimes I'm out shoveling snow by myself. :)

Devon said...

I LOVE doing our taxes (we use TaxCut too), but I don't let Milt help...it's not worth ruining our marriage! And even though I love doing taxes, I'm a little freaked out right now because our Bishop out here told us that members get audited a lot of the time in our region because of tithing (not as many members in our part of the country apparently), so now I am freaking out a little about that, but I'll just cross my fingers because even if everything is done right an audit sounds scary!