*Warning there is some "smelly" details in this post!!
Last Wednesday was a great night. We decided to go to the REAL game with our good friends the Vickers....(give it up for the Vickers!!! Hoot hoot!!) Our families just really hit it off...every one of us and we are in the process of arranging a marriage between two of our children...(D and Ali) We went to dinner at Greg's favorite place...Crown Burger..where my burger actually tasted like a crown...EW...Greg ate most of it. But it was fun nonetheless. Walking from Crown Burger the one whole block was a nightmare because my anxiety always gets the better of me and we arrive with me in a sweat...Greg verbally abused...and the children bouncing off of the sidewalk...BUT we survived and that is all that matters right? Greg insisted on the cheapest tickets of course because he is one of those who like to buy low and sit high. We had to take the children on many drink breaks because we were so high up the sun was beating down on us and threatening to ruin our night.
We were at the game no more than five minutes when a "unlovely" couple comes and takes the seats right in front of us. That may sound harsh to call them unlovely but continue reading on and I am positive your opinion will change...."they ain't so innocent"...:) We were just enjoying our time together when out of no where the FOULEST smell seemed to hit us smack in the face. We immediately assume it was one of the six children that we had brought with us. We questioned and commented on how horrendous this smell was. The children all promised it wasn't them...which then made us turn on our husbands. We knew it wasn't them because they were passed out on the ground from the smell. Okay, they weren't passed out but the look of disgust on Greg and Aaron's faces just told us it wasn't them. Just as we are getting settled again.....BOOM...another smell of death violates our space. We aren't a quiet bunch and begin to question where this smell is coming from. Just then Martha and I notice that the lady in front of us is elbowing her husband and giggling. IT IS OBVIOUS this guy is the perpetrator. HOW DARE HIM!!!
Games, people, are 90 minutes. Let me tell you that 80 out of 90 of these minutes were spent in the most putrid smell man can make. It got so bad that we finally decided that if they were
that rude then we wouldn't be quiet about our disgust. We made sure our comments were heard..like, "I'd like to call a foul..on the foul smell coming from in front of us." We took pictures of this "unlovely couple" and finally had to break out Martha's nice smelling lotion to try to compete with the bad air around us. And as much as we said..he still decided to silently invade our space. It was like a game to them. They giggled and poked each other and my disgust grew for Mr. and Mrs. Stinky. At one point I had to cover my nose with my hoody just so I could rest my nasal passages from being burned. You think I am exaggerating but I promise the smell we endured that night was as bad as it gets. It is what I like to consider a "hot one"...the kind
that smell like a rotten egg and you know must have hurt when it came out. Gross...you betcha it is gross and I hate to have to explain in detail but it is the only way to try to take you through our experience.
I mean, look at Colton my poor baby. He got knocked out for the entire game.....SHOCKING!!!

I mean, look at Colton my poor baby. He got knocked out for the entire game.....SHOCKING!!!
Take a good look at these people and keep their backsides memorized in your brain and if you EVER EVER happen to sit down and realize these offenders are in front of you..take my advice and RUN...turn in your tickets, give them away, watch the game from the bathroom...I don't care..just save yourself and NEVER EVER try to endure the smell of death. No game is worth it!
(I'm sorry if you are related to these people....I mean I'm not sorry about the post...I'm sorry you have to endure the smell at family reunions!!)
6 comments:
Oh My Gosh! That's Linda and Frank!
That was really funny and I swear I could smell him while I was reading it. Yuck! I can't believe she stuck by his side. My husband would have left because I would have been poking and pinching him for doing that. He can't even get away with it in the privacy of our own car without me making a big deal about it.
Oh my gosh I am seriously laughing so hard. They just look like smelly people - but that is probably your description. I would have died! And Debbie - in the car?! Nick is dead if I'm trapped in a car smelling him. Why do men smell so gross?! And what's wrong with this woman that she thinks it's funny. He would be dead! :) That's all I have to say.
NASTY!!! Yet, it makes for a funny story. How do these funny things happen to you?
Oh, that was hilarious!! The funniest things happen to you guys and you write it so well!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh dear, it sounds like you had one heck of a night. to bad you didn't have some fabreeze handy to spray all around them and choke them out.
I am laughing so hard I think I am going to pee my pants. You are seriously hilarious. Wow, what a game. I don't think I could've made it through the whole game!
Post a Comment