Shocker, I know! We just know how to make boys....and I am great with that! I love boys and I know what to do with them. I think Greg had a harder time with the idea of not having a girl but that is because I KNEW it was a boy and he thought it was a girl!! To say that this pregnancy has been an emotional rollercoaster would not do justice. I really feel like up until this week I have been fine and really haven't let myself venture into the "what ifs". The last couple of days I have maybe been a little more unfaithful and doubtful and SCARED to DEATH!! When Greg came home to pick me up today, I was shaking so bad....but he gave me a blessing and again I just felt that peaceful feeling.
The fact that he was a boy was pretty obvious from the second she started the ultrasound. Let's just say, my boys are proud to be Johnson's!! HAHA! As scary as it is going to these appointments, it is like a family reunion. I love these doctors and nurses and all who work there so much! Both the technician and our doctor do a full over ultrasound from top to bottom and so far he looks good. When we did the brain doppler I was terrified. I just wanted him to at least have a chance. We know that if the baby carries the antigens that it will tend to be worse with each baby. Again, the chart ranges from A-D. A is transfusion level and B C and D just tell us how close we are getting. Lets just say we have never had a baby in D! So sad!! Alex was in C at this same appointment and Colton was in the middle of B. I just wanted a B at least so I knew we could give it a fighting chance. We knew that if it was in A then there would be nothing we could do and we'd wait for the baby to die. You can imagine how happy I was when in actuality the baby was not only in B, but closer to the bottom of B range. YES....we have a chance and while I know it could go quicker, or run a different course, and will most likely be a roadtrip through hell, I don't care...I have a fighting chance!! We will begin seeing the doctor weekly at this point and if at our next appointment he moves up the B level towards A, than we will procede with the amnio. This will actually give us all the answers we need to move forward as far as what antigens he carries and what his hematocrit score is right now but we want to wait a little longer to do an amnio. If he needs the transfusion before 26 weeks we may have to do other methods than what I am used to. Usually they transfuse into the umbilical cord and it is so hard to do before 26 weeks and so if it is too early for that we have the option of transfusing straight into the baby's belly(not as affective), or the baby's liver (risky...) or straight into the baby's heart (to risky for my liking and hasn't been attempted too many times...). So here we go on this journey!
I have been so moved by the love and support we have recieved through each of our pregnancies and this one is by no means any different. We have some amazing family and friends and we are so thankful for everyone who has prayed and fasted on our behalf. Honestly one of the neatest things with Colton's experience was being on the opposite side of prayer and fasting. I always explain it as not only a spiritual comfort but and actual physical support and comfort...I don't know how else to describe it. I believe in prayer and fasting and I know without a doubt we are being watched out for...I am not naive and I know things don't always turn out how we want or plan...but I am very optimistic at this point!
We love ya!! We are so excited to add this sweet little boy to our family!!!
15 comments:
You are amazing, Becky! You're in our prayers and thoughts. Please let me know if you need anything, I'd LOVE to have your boys over if you need ever. And I'm being serious, my kids love having older kids over, it's a break for me. :) love ya!
I am so excited for you and your family. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers.
WOW you are awesome!! I love your family and am so excited to see another sweet little boy!! Prayer works, I am a believer!!! It won't be easy but as you know more than anyone it will be well worth it. Love you!!!
I just love you. You know that. Hang in there and call me anytime you need to chat!
I just left you a FB message a few min ago. Message me back or call me. Love you!
Yeah for the perfect Johnson boys! I am so optimistic for you as well. I fully support and love you! You rock. I am ready to cry, cheer, swear, vent, what ever you need! You go with what ever you feel when ever you feel it. Negative, Positive, you just give yourself a break! You are amazing and can do ANYTHING!
Another cute Johnson boy for all of us to love! He'll be as adorable as his brothers, and another miracle story to tell. Prayers for you all.
What wonderful news! Keep doing whatever it is you are doing!:) I will keep you in my prayers. I understand being on the recipient side of prayers. Somehow, it works and what an amazing power it is that we can hone in and use in this life. We'll keep up the happy thoughts coming your way!
I've been holding my breath waiting for you to post again (okay...not really holding my breath but checking A LOT) but I'm so excited to hear the news! Johnson boys are great. That'll just give my two girls more choice! Ha ha ha!
Thanks for the long chat today. You are an amazingly strong woman. Hang in there. Let me know when the boys are ready for another play date (or you're ready for a break or nap). BTW...you make such cute boys, why mess with the formula, right? :-)
Becky I just love and adore you! Congrats on the little guy! You do make some very good looking boys! My prayers are with you, your little guy, and your family. If you need anything you can call me anytime. I would love to help any way I can on this journey. Good luck with everything.
hey beck, why mess with perfection is what Melinda and I always say...four boys is the cool thing to do these days didn't you know? Congrats and best of luck. Is it ok that I'm still a little pissed that if you have a 50/50 chance why out of all four you never caught a break on any of the four...sheesh, I mean I know life isn't fair, but sometimes I really expect SOME kind of bone thrown my way...damn gina! ok, I just had to say that! Keep us posted, I follow you closely and feel really connected to you for some reason. Just know I support you and send all sorts of warm fuzzies your way!xo
I am SOOOO glad that you have a chance with this little guy! You have been in my prayers. You are an amazing woman! I am not sure I could go through what you have. You truly are an example of strength and testimony to all you come in contact with. Thanks for brightening my life with yours!
You are such an incredible mother... and such an inspiring woman! Those are blessed boys to have you for a Mom. Thank you for sharing, and I wish you the best of luck!
I am so happy to hear this GREAT news!! Congrats on baby boy number 4 and that he is in the lower B range :)
Post a Comment