Saturday, May 7, 2011
Amazing Miracles
I just wanted to hurry and document the last couple of weeks. Facebook ruins it for me because I can just hurry and post the news within a couple of seconds....blogging actually takes a little more time. The past few weeks have been a dream. I have finally stopped throwing up.....YEAH! This is the fun part, when you feel for the most part....wonderful! I love feeling him move and feeling like I am not going to barf in everyones faces......that is a small miracle in and of itself. This kid is definitely a mover and a kicker. I swear to you he thinks my insides are a bounce house.....I often wonder how when he is so little he can be up the top of my stomach one second and then the next second he is at the bottom feeling like he is trying to make his way out. At our appointment yesterday our nurse was dying because he seriously was doing somersaults.......I wasn't kidding when I said he was a mover! BUT.....I love it because I feel like doing flips too with all of this wonderful news. At our last weeks appointment Greg and I were driving to the hospital daydreaming what it would be like if at this appointment he actually went down to level C. We have never had a baby go down on his head dopplers so while this was a nice thought we knew that we were way up in the night with our wish. We took the boys with us this time so that they could see their brother....we opted to leave them home when we were finding out what we were having because we didn't want them to be there for horrible news and especially if the baby had died...so this was their first time coming with us....besides our appointments are long and I can't imagine their patience will hold up but they loved being there and of course our little guy wouldn't show us his face for his 3D pictures...he is a Johnson and wanted to show us the goods.....and the boys thought it was hilarious!! When we got to the brain scan I found myself just holding my breath. While I was so excited the week before with his B level, I started feeling overwhelmed once we got home and started really thinking about what the road was going to be like ahead if he was like Colton. So many miracles had to take place for him to survive and I realized how emotional the next little while was going to be if we followed the same pattern. To my amazement the first scan/doppler showed that he had dropped from a 28 to a 26...what? That must be a mistake....but lucky for us they do at least 6 dopplers just to make sure they are getting an accurate reading. Everytime....26!!!!! I think we were in shock. This made him drop from a B level to almost the bottom of C level!! We had never experienced this. We were beside ourselves with shock and amazement...could this really happen???? This is what we hoped about and dreamed about. I slowly felt a little piece of my wall come down...I say a little piece because while I was excited I was still apprehensive that it was accurate.....my heart was jumping for joy but my brain couldn't wrap itself around this idea. Over the next week I still found myself not really enjoying the moment because my fear was that we'd go to the next appointment and find that we were wrong. Well, yesterday was our appointment and to our amazement he dropped to a 25 this time and we found ourselves in the D Level...WHAT???? We have NEVER had a baby in the D level. Again, I am so amazed and astonished....my wall is about halfway down....I am still in fear until we continue on this trend. We sat and talked with our doctor for a long time as we discussed the possibility that this baby might not carry the antigens. We knew there was a chance but I was too scared to believe it could truly happen. Our doctor told us that he could still end up needing transfusions but that maybe he was just carrying one of the antigens and so it will take a little longer for him to become anemic..whatever the outcome I know without a doubt that this is buying us some much needed time. I feel so thankful for this experience. I don't know the outcome but I feel so blessed and loved for all the prayers and fasting on our little boys behalf. What a miracle!! I just pray we can continue on this great trend and that we can find ourselves at the end of this journey amazed by the outcome!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Becky,
I am so excited for the good news! You guys deserve to have a few miracles in your lives! And I like the updates on your blog-- they give a lot more detail than facebook, although I know they aren't nearly as convenient.
I am so happy for you and your sweet family!! :)
That is WONDERFUL news. I hope that it continues on that path. How nice to have such a wonderful surprise. I too like the updates on your blog because I love to see how things are going. I don't always see the FB updates so keep them coming in your blog. Happy Mothers Day1
I've been so happy for you guys all weekend! I can't believe it. What a true miracle. I'll be anxious to hear what they say next week. Love you!
What great news! I am so happy for you and Greg. We'll keep praying for you!
Are you kidding me? I am with you, I have to prepare for the worst, and try and hope for the best but hot damn!!!! Oh man, I will keep you on my "this better work out, God, or else" list! MUCHO LOVE!!!
Megan makes me laugh, and we sure love ya Bec! I am so overly excited about all of this I feel like I am gonna rip outta my skin! HOLY CANOLI!! This little man is a trouper! I think you need to name him something tough like Brutus or Thor, or Batman! LOL! And why are even as fetus' boys trying to show off. I mean give the only girls in a family a break! :) What are you naming the perfect Johnson man upon arrival?
Post a Comment