Monday, July 2, 2007

Celebrate good time, Whoo-hoo!!!!

I did it.....I really did it!!! I went and I survived and I am actually happy that I went!!!! Okay, so what am I talking about?? My "sweet" 10 year high school reunion that I swore up and down that I would never attend, due to my "sweet" ten years later hot body!!! So , here's the story. I had just decided that due to my own insecurities that I would be better off just not going to my reunion only to feel worse about myself. I even decided not to get my hair colored because I knew myself and that it would keep me from going...Ha! Wrong. I never know what I am going to do. Well, I went to lunch with my fabulous friends..(shout out to Megan, Kim, Michelle, Melinda (aka "Mindy"),Annie, Jen, and Devon). We of course missed those who weren't able to make it! Needless to say, just as I thought, I had so much fun seeing them and being with them. Before long, I was feeling a little bit of regret that I wasn't going to the reunion. Just a little bit, until Kim said she'd go if I went. AHHH, I can't handle that kind of pressure. I went back and forth in my mind and told Kim to call me later. Well, .....I went and I only have a couple of regrets....first, that I didn't just decide to go in the first place and go with blonde roots rather than brown and gray, and that I didn't take the opportunity to need, I said NEED a new outfit, and biggest regret is that Greg wasn't there with me. Greg is my life and I would have loved to "show him off" to all the schoolers of the past!!! But, really I had a fun time and it was great seeing 97% of the people and the best part is that I don't have to return to school on Monday and find out that someone said I glared at them or that someone thought I was fat or that someone wanted to beat me up,ect. What a good feeling. No, really the best part was catching up with people and then coming home and kissing each of my boys before I headed for bed. I have the life!!! I will say, without Greg I felt a little like a teenager again, coming in after midnight. I had a blast going to Melinda's afterwards. I just kept giggling over absolutely nothing. I truly don't know why I was laughing half of the time. It could have been the allergic reaction to her cats. Maybe that is a side affect. I knew I was allergic to cats but I never realized what could actually happen with a full fledged reaction. But, sadly I had so much fun that I didn't want to leave until all the fun was had!!!! In the end, my biggest regret is that I can't just be confident with who I am. I don't know why I do it, but I point out all of my flaws to everyone. I guess I do it so that no one else does it before me or I guess so that other people know that I know what is wrong with me. I have always been that way....but I am working on it. My friends were right.....I did have a wonderful time and I would have regretted it if I didn't go....so thank you to those who convinced me into going!!! I felt like no time had passed....ten years is a long time and now I have ten years to get that tummy tuck (and maybe a lift...if you catch my drift) before I have to see all of those people again! Go Bruins!!!!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I was soooo happy that you were there- and even though I love Greg to death, it was nice to have a few friends without the hubbies since mine wasn't there with me. You are right, Min's house was so fun (the best part I'd say) and I'm so glad you were there to make me laugh. I felt like we were roomies again, giggling at nothing, and everything. You are such an awesome friend Bec, and I'm so glad that I have you in my life!!!!

Dottie Stay said...

You have nothing to worry about. You have and always will look fan feakin'tastic!! I had so much fun laughing with you!! I was litterally in tears for most of the night! I am SOOOOO sorry about those damn cats! Deron hates them, and now I know why. Poor Christian too!! Will you ever come over again? I am so glad that you were there. I loved seeing you walk in with Kim. I think Annie was right. We are all so hard on ourselves. If we just said forget it, and did what ever the heck we wanted and with confidence, things would be great! Why do we care so much. i guess caring is a good thing to an extent, but we should bring ourselves down. Now I have gone on and on. You call me anytime you need a pick me up!

Jen Tornow said...

I just saw pictures on Melinda's blog and I was so proud of you for going!! I know we had some long conversations about that!! I have to agree that after being in contact with our awesome friends from HS recently, I was really sad that I couldn't make it up for the reunion. Oh, well! At least I am back in contact with my awesome friends again!!

Devon said...

Okay Becky, I did think it was pretty funny when I heard you start out conversations with people by saying, "Don't look at my gray roots," which of course, made them immediately look at your roots (which were FINE, by the way). But you always make me laugh, and I'm so glad you were there! We need to get together with everyone more often!

Dottie Stay said...

I am so glad that you got that pic!! Let me konw if you want more, and don't worry I deleted the pic you didn't like, so it is gone for good. I love your new blog design too!

Jen said...

Becky, you make me laugh! I had a root issue going on at the reunion... among other problems. I'm glad I am not the only one who feels a little sheepish in those type of situations. I went around saying, "This is my husband Rich and I just had a baby and I am nursing."

PJC said...

Jen-- Can I borrow your nursing boobs? I didn't realize how flat I am until I saw pictures!

Becky--I am so happy you came! I was so happy to see you come in with Kim. I know you may not feel at your prime, but you are still SO gorgeous. And did you notice that all but like 2 of the rail riders had double chins??? Funny. Anyway. I thought it was so fun, and I was truly happy to see everyone, no matter what they looked like. You are a doll Becky, I'm sad I missed the after party to see your hysterics. You and Megan both have such contagious laughs!

Annie said...

I'm so glad you went! It wouldn't have been the same without you. You are TOO funny! I swear I almost pee my pants every time I'm around you because of too much laughing!

Megan said...

It was so fun to see you! You are hilarious. Matt got a kick out of you too! "I totally ran here..."
We were laughing about that on the way back to Woodland Hills after Min's shin dig. I am so happy you and Kim came to the reumion. Love your guts, and your grey roots!

Johnson said...

I love all of you soooo much! Just reading what everyone has to say makes me laugh all over again. Sometimes I wish we could see each other again everyday...but I will just take being able to read everyone's blogs and when ya'll come to town we just have to make sure we party!!!

Layne & Kellie said...

I'm glad you came to the reunion. Though I am sad that I only saw you at the end. I should have gone to Melinda's but I'm still an attached mom and feel the need to run to home to my son... who was so into playing with the toys at grandma's that he didn't even noticed that I had left. So in the end I should have gone.

But it was great seeing everyone at the reunion!

Michelle Y said...

Becky, it was so fun talking to you at the girls lunch and I'm so glad you were at the reunion. I feel bad we didn't get to talk there much, I had a child crisis back home to deal with. But it was so fun seeing everyone. It was fun remembering back to the Vegas trip of 97!!