Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to life..back to reality!!!

Yeah, the move is over and I survived. We have been in our home now for a week and we are loving it!! The move went pretty smoothly and we were so grateful to those who helped us...even complete strangers!! It is always amazing to me to see who offers to help and who doesn't!! Bless those who helped!! We have a considerable amount of crap and I say crap because 60% of it is in bins and boxes and just gets moved with us everytime. Okay, so I am exaggerating...slightly. I feel like I can finally settle in. I am one who comes and immediately sets up and hangs up pictures. I can't relax until it is all done and so by Friday I had every thing put away and all of my pictures hung. come on..just pat me on the back...I am obviously very proud of myself! Although, I never said it looked good..it just is done.

We haven't missed our last home for even a second. Not that this one is that much nicer,..but our last one was ....let's just say, lived in. The people before us used it well and you don't realize that when you only walk through it two times. This one was owned by one of my kind....the "OCD" kind. I was so happy to come and find an immaculate home to move into. Even when we built a home it was a monster to clean because there was sawdust and building crap. We definetly miss our good friends from the old neighborhood, but hopefully we will always be good friends. Dallin is having withdrawals from Tanner but he makes friends quickly and already told me that he is the boss of their club at the new school.... GREAT..the bossy kind!! Although, he said he is appointing a new boss today...sure!!! We love the area that we are in. Greg says it is like camping every day...my kind of camping..running water, nice beds, I'll take it! We do have a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains and I love it. The wind does blow...hard...but only from 10 p.m-10a.m.. I can live with that!

Well, that is the update on our family. When I get a second I will take some pictures and post them! Thanks for all of the love and support through this whole move!!!!!

16 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been waiting to hear from you. Glad to know things went well. I've almost called a bunch of times, but realized that you must have a new phone number now! I can't find your cell phone number. I want to come see your house soon!

Michelle Y said...

So glad the move is over!! Good luck with all the unpacking and stuff. Hey, I'm coming in town next week, how about lunch? I'd love to see ya again.

Sharlynn said...

Yeah it is done! Andrew is the same way with unpacking. He won't stop until it is done. I am the time that is so indecisive that I can't figure out where to put anything and before i know it I am in fetal position in the corner of the room rocking back in forth because I stressed myself out. Oh and sorry that I never offered to help you move. I bet you were surprised about that one huh! Do you need some help or am I too late? I bet you need a house warming party and you are dying to have the Scivally Clan come over. Yep I knew it so when is the date? Okay enough of taking up your whole comment page. Oh wait, I left a comment for you on my blog right after your comment. Go and check it out.

Dottie Stay said...

I am so happy for you, and I am even more happy that you guys are loving it!!!! I can't wait to see pictures. I am sure that is looks good, so not only am I going to pat you on the back for getting it all done, but also for making your house look wonderful!! I don't doubt it for a minute! When Sharylnn comes over can I come too. I will even bring a house warming present. :)

Anonymous said...

You survived the big move! I am so happy for you. I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you and your family as you adjust. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the move is finally over! How nice to move into a clean house! I do the same with unpacking - I just want it over and done with. So good job on hanging your pictures - way to go!

Johnson said...

You are all invited to come!!! Michelle I would love to get together. Just email me when you get into town!!!

Layne & Kellie said...

Congrats!! I bet it is so nice have it done and over with you. My husband is like you... he likes to get everything up and on the walls so it doesn't take 3 months before we get everything up. I'm a bit slower and want them where I think I will like them forever ;)

I hope you enjoy your new neighborhood!!

Annie said...

You are so good to be all done within one week! I'm very impressed. When we moved into our current home, we immediately started tearing down the dated wallpaper and remodeling a bathroom. We tend to bite off a little more than we can chew sometimes. But we had family in town to help, so we had to take advantage, right?! But I don't think all the picures were hung up until MUCH later. Our's is still a work-in-progress. I'm glad you survived the move. You need to post some pictures of your new digs!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Thats so great that you are all moved in. I am the same way about hanging things on the wall etc... It is so incomplete without the decor of HOME. Glad to hear that you survived.

Jen said...

I'm glad you are all settled! I can't wait to see the pics of the new place!

jennie said...

Yeah! Congrats on the successful move! I tell Peter all the time that someday, we WILL buy a house that we don't have to do tons of work to before we move in. (Cleaning included.) Our first home was a condo that pete's grandparents lived in like 2 years before that, and still hadn't had their stuff cleaned out. YUCK. Second home was a foreclosure, so it was a lot of work. Third and upcoming home is very nice but very outdated... and we still had to deal with old people junk. THey were so nice to leave their toothbrush and "used" q-tips in the bathroom!

Renee said...

Okay, so I haven't talked to you forever! Where were you living and where did you move? Shows you what I know! The pictures of your family are darling...I bet your mom was thrilled to have all her kids in town. I hope the boys continue to adjust well. Post those pictures and let me know where the heck you are! Renee Hill Holland

Sharlynn said...

Okay so I have seen some of your comments on other peoples posts and I thnk that we are feeling the same way. We need to have a girls weekend. Even if it is for a Friday night and Saturday day some where. Wouldn't that be great fun? I sure think so. So I think that now you are all settled in your home YOU need to plan one. Get on it right away. I will be waiting for the invite.

Natalie said...

Becky- For some reason or another I thought I had commented:) I'm so glad you like your house and where you live! Our house in New Hampshire was kind fo the same camping feeling (outside that is) It was a lot of fun to have surroundings like that for a while. I'm glad you guys had help and everything is going ok.

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Wow, I am impressed that you put your house together so fast. I am the type that still has one last box that I still need to go through from moving 4 years ago- yikes. It was fun to see you at lunch the other day.