Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm just so impressed

I just had to share this cute story about Dallin. Yesterday we were sitting on the couch doing Dallin's reading. We were done and I was filling out his paper and he was just laying there and out of the blue he said, "Mom, I am just so impressed." And I so, "Oh, ya, what are you impressed about?" He said, "Everyday I come home and you are showered and ready and the house looks amazing, oh, I am just so so impressed!!" He cracks me up. You had to hear him say it too. He was dead serious!! I immediately picked up the phone to call Greg so that he could instantly have a lesson from his 7 year old son!! I told Greg and he was laughing and he was like, "he did not say that, let me talk to him". So I passed the phone to Dallin and I heard Dallin tell Greg what he had said and then Dallin said, "Hey Mom, what is a brown noser?" Greg is a stinker! He can't let his son just be perfect!!! So, the questions of the day are: 1: How do you train your husband to be like your 7 year old son? 2: How do you maintain that 7 year old son to stay the same on into husband years?

In all seriousness....I love Dallin...oh yea, and Greg's pretty great too!!!! (Even if he lacks some complimenting skills!!)

10 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I love it! That kind of comment would have made my day!

Dottie Stay said...

That really is precious! What a sincere and aware little guy. I am so impressed with him!!

Beck said...

Becky that is the cutest story I love it!! Your boys are so dang cute.

Annie said...

Well that is VERY impressive, you know. To be showered AND have the house clean is quite the accomplishment. You need to come give me lessons!

Miss Pete said...

I think Dallin has been trained correctly from birth. It has to happen early. Just like Drew was trained by five sisters to notice when your hair was cut and compliment new outfits. Keep him that way...brown nosing or not, it makes a girl feel good. Don't let Greg get too close. You should put Greg in the kitties window. Tell the kids they can look at their dad but they just can't touch him. (Just kidding Greg. You know I love you! Okay, now I'm brown nosing)

Rebecs said...

That is so sweet! I've had the same thoughts of how to train daddy's to be like my 3 year old. There is not a day that goes by that he does not thank me for dinner or tell me that he likes my hair! How do they know just what to say?

You are an impressive mom!

Rachel said...

I can't say it enough- he has to marry my daughter! I love that little boy so much! I am impressed with you as well- I can't seem to get that much accomplished!

Anonymous said...

What a cute sweet boy!

Young Family said...

That is so cute! You are a great mom!!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Wow Dallin sounds like a real sweetheart. Can he train my husband too? Oh, I'm going to the book club blog right now.