Monday, December 10, 2007

Tis the season to be crazy!!!











It has been a crazy past few weeks!! I thought I would rewrite some songs to explain:

1: Tis the season to be cranky,..fa,lalalalalalala! We have all been sick and frankly, I am sick of coughs, puke, and the runs!! The boys have colds and I have a toothache, falalalalalalala, An MRI for my sweet husband, I hope its nothing really serious.

AND

2: Oh, there's water down in the basement, It's coming up through the cement, the sump pump is clearly broke, Let it flood, let it flood, let it flood.

So, clearly, we have all been a little under the weather this season. Yeah, I know, join the club. I truly believe the flu shot was invented to just give me a dead arm once a year...that's it. Clearly it prevents against some type of flu...just not the 17 strains that run through my house all winter long. And poor Colton got the strain called the "Consta-flu" which happens to stay with you for the whole season. Poor kid. I think people at church are going to start thinking that the seminary teachers family is inactive...and maybe we are and maybe we aren't! All joking aside..poor Greg has been strangely sick. He has always suffered from migraines, but they have been a little extreme this past month. The finally decided to do an MRI after a week of a fever ranging from 101-103 that wouldn't break and these intense headaches. The MRI came back normal but the headaches continue. We went up to a rockin mama hotel (no, that is not a chain of hotels, but yet slange for "very nice") for our anniversary and we had a good time except for the fact that Greg woke up with a headache and threw up the whole way home. We would drive and he would scream.."Pull over" and he would puke as soon as the door opened. Once we pulled over by the Old Navy and so I thought I'd give him some privacy and I ran over to shop!!! Whoops, not so nice but slippers were on sale for $5..can you blame me? We finally got a cup for him to puke in and I tell you, it was quite the sight. For those of you who don't know me,..I don't do puke. My gag reflex is way to lose and I will puke just watching someone else puke. I rolled down the window of the truck and tried to hum loudly to myself but everytime he started going, I got the heaves. I was seriously having to talk myself through it. We made it home and Greg is now feeling a little better. It is amazing that his headaches can do that too him. I love you hun and I hope you feel better.

A few days ago, we went to go get the snow clothes out of the storage room and low and behold, there was a swimming pool in our basement. Supposivly, sump pumps don't break very easily..of course they don't,..but ours did! Luckily it was confined to the storage room and the office. We still haven't gotten the sump pump fixed, we like to live a little white trash and why fix it if you can go down and drain it manually 500 times a day!! Come on people, don't be so lazy!!! Theres nothing like the sound of water draining from your basement!!!

Although I focused on the negatives of the past month, life really is great. I joke, but we really are so blessed and I am grateful for my challenges rather that someone else's. We are so blessed and the greatest things in my life are my family and the gospel. Tis the season to be grateful!!! Ho, ho, ho!!!
P.S. I just went out to take Dallin to school and the garage is broken...when it rains it pours!!!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry everyone has been sick! Thats miserable!! Hope you all start feeling better soon. I also hope Greg finds some relief from those migraines. I've never had them, but my husband gets them and I feel so bad.

Sorry about the flooding also. Tis the season! It seems something like that always happen around christmas time!!

Take care and Happy Holidays!

Sherian said...

Holy Cows! Merry Christmas to you! I hope you will be singin' some happier tunes real soon. I love the run to Old Navy, I would totally have done the same thing. I hope your hubby is OK-good luck!

Renee said...

Oh wow! You really have had a rough few weeks. I have been wondering where you were! Glad that everyone is starting to feel semi-normal again. Sorry about the basement! That is my biggest fear. Hope you are doing better and are getting your shopping done!

Dottie Stay said...

You are kidding me! What is going on in Spanish Fork?! Is there anything that I can help you with? I am so glad that Greg is feeling better. That is the most miserable thing in the world!! I hope your boys start feeling better, and things start looking up. I will never understand why everything always happens at the same time!

Jen said...

Frustrating! I hate it when everything seems to just go to pot. As we speak my laptop sounds like it is going to explode. "Just make it through finals!" I tell it. Oh, I hope things look up!

Rachel said...

Becky- I'm sorry! I don't like the sound of Greg's headaches. I'm sorry the boys have been so sick, and I'm sorry everything is breaking in your new house! I love you!

Lindy said...

Sounds lovely--I'm glad you've been able to sit back and enjoy the holiday season. not. So sorry about the puking, etc. Sounds like me when i'm prego--pull over! pull over! Maybe it's not migraines, maybe he's pregnant--huh? Have you guys moved from PG, if so I need your new address for Christmas cards :) my email address is on my blog. Hope things get better!

Annie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Becky! I really hope everyone is better in time for Christmas. I remember last year was like that for us. We are all so sick all month long, and then right before Christmas, everyone got well. It was a Christmas miracle!!! I keep praying that we will all be healthy the entire Christmas season. I will pray for you, too!! :)

malia said...

Oh man! What a post! I am so sorry about all of that! That is so crazy! I hope that all of you get better soon. That totally stinks. And I feel bad for Greg too. I get headaches/migraines all of the time. I haven't figured out what is wrong yet either. Boo to headaches!