Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The doctor will see you now

I just spoke with the doctor. They are going to do the surgery to remove his tonsils and adnoids on Tuesday. She said this may or may not help his apnea because Colton has both obstructive sleep apnea and is having central pauses. This is where the brain doesn't tell the body to breath. It may or may not have something to do with his stroke. They don't know. He will do another sleep study a couple of weeks after surgery and if he is still suffering from apnea episodes we will see more specialists. She said to just have him sleep with us and to wake him up throughout the night. I am really scared and frustrated but the truth is that we have no other choice but to move forward with everything. There is nothing I can do. We are just really lucky that he has made it this far and that by another miracle he has continued to breath for the last two years. They said he has been suffering from this for a long time and that his chances of dying from just leaving it is 100 times higher. I know people keep telling me how so and so had their tonsils out so many years ago and were fine but if it was just getting his tonsils out than I wouldn't be as scared..the problem is the apnea. Please keep him in your prayers!!

15 comments:

Scott and Megan said...

hey bec, I've kept checkin in on ya and was about ready to call your damn doctor myself!! sheesh that can be so @#$%^&*( frustrating! I have been thinking of you and will continue to! We'll take it a day at a time and deal with it as it comes up right? and by we I mean all of us on your blog:) hang tough (kind of like the new kids on the block) I know it's easy to say, but almost impossible to do. I will continue to pray! xoxo

Cassie and Chad said...

Good luck Becky! Yes we will definately keep Colton as well as your family in our prayers. You are great I love reading your blog. If I ever want to laugh I know where to go. We'll see ya at soccer on Saturday!

Renee said...

We will keep you all in our prayers. Sounds like a necessary royal pain in the you know what! Please keep us posted. We will hope for good news!

Dottie Stay said...

I had a lot of catching up to do. I am so sorry. Poor Colty!! I left you a message about your cruise. What a blast! I of course will be thinking about your guys, and praying for the little guy. That sounds so so frusterating!! You probably are exhausted!! Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help! Love you!

Lindy said...

I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry you guys have to go through this, on top of everything else you've gone through. I just wanted you to know we are thinking about you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you FINALLY got to speak to a doctor. Colton is strong and so are you. You will get through this because of your love and faith. Let me know if I can help with anything!

Miss Pete said...

Becky I know you are totally freaking yourself out right now. I'm so sorry. Any mother would be scared. I wish mom was going to be there to help you on Tuesday. I will pray that everything will go well with the surgery and he will be fine with the anesthesia.

Knowledge is power. You are doing everything you can for little Colty. I pray that the next sleep study will be able to put your mind at ease a little. Give him a big squeeze for me (and have him squeeze you for me too - or maybe Big D can hug you both for me). Love you!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Hey Becky, Please let me know if you need help with anything. I hope that everything goes as well as possible. We will also continue to add Colton and your little family to our prayers. Good luck with everything.

Rachel said...

We'll definately remember him in our prayers! I hope it solves the problem! Give him a kiss for me! Love you!

Sonja said...

You know I read your blog to laugh and I found myself crying. What's up with that!
Of course we will keep Colton in our prayers and you. It is harder to watch your child go through trials than it is to go through them yourself but know that your Heavenly Father is very mindful of you. Before you know it he will be grown, married with children. MMmmm I think someone told me that once. Love you guys tons!

Nelson Family said...

Becky, I found your blog and your stories about Colton broke my heart. I can't imagine what you are going through! It has been years since we have touched bases, but I sincerely feel for you and hope for your well being! Please know that our family will be praying for you, regardless of our distance in relationship!! Stay tough! - Tricia (Brady)

Layne & Kellie said...

We'll keep your family in our prayers. I really do hope the tonsil removal will help with the apnea. You guys are such good parents. God must have known that Colton needed such loving and strong parents like the both of you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Annie said...

Oh Becky! I'm so sorry! I just read your last several posts...I had no idea. We will definitely keep him in our prayers. Best of luck with the surgery.

And your cruise sounded like a blast! Nothing like a little
R and R. You deserve it!

Sharlynn said...

Becky, I am in tears at the thought of what you are going through. What a scary thing. I had no idea that sleep apnea could be so scary. Good luck with the surgery tomorrow. Please continue to keep us updated. Our prayers are with you.

Amy Morris said...

Oh Becky- i can't even imagine. We will definitely keep him in our prayers! Good luck with surgery tomorrow!