Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I need to vent

I know this is up for the whole world to see but I think more of this as a journal that anything and I NEED to vent. It is now Tuesday afternoon and here I sit with no more answers than I had when I first recieved the results in the mail. I WAS patient, and I WAITED until Monday to get some answers from our specialist. I called first thing Monday morning and they informed me that she was in surgery and would call me later in the afternoon. By 4:00 I decided to call back and they informed me that they didn't even have the results. So, I called the sleep clinic and had them fax them over to them and they told me they would have her call first thing in the morning. So, this morning, I was PATIENT once again and waited until noon to call. When I called they once again informed me that she was in surgeries and would call me tomorrow!!! I just don't know what to do. I understand we are not the only people in this world but I am so frustrated that I am getting no answers as to what we are going to do to help my baby. It was frustrating enough to get back startling results and have no one to explain it to us...and make it through the weekend, but people it is Wednesday tomorrow and I still have no answers. I can't sleep because I am so afraid to stop watching him sleep because of how many times he stopped breathing the night of the sleep test. It is terrifying. The scariest thing is that I was laying right next to him through that whole test and I didn't know how bad things really were. I thought he snored and gasped for air occasionally. This test said he had over 100 episodes through the night and that his oxygen was dropping as low as 84% through the night. One of the episodes lasted as long as 46 seconds..which doesn't sound long but it terrifying to me. When we first met with the doctor she told me that because we have heart disease in our family that Colton had a 50% higher chance of dying through an apnea episode than another child who has apnea. Anyways, sorry, I am just ranting but I am scared and I don't know what to do other then vent about it. I hope by this time tomorrow I actually have some answers...or I may go crazy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky. I am so sorry you are going through this right now. I have been out of the loop. I really hate the waiting time between a test and answers from the doctor. I hope you will be able to speak with your doctor soon. Until then, take it easy and stay busy to keep your mind from wandering. Go get a HUGE coke too. I will keep praying for Colton and your family. Love your guts!

Johnson said...

Okay, so I emailed the doctor and finally she emailed me back. She said she will be calling me first thing in the morning. Hallelujah!!!

Bec

Cassie and Chad said...

Oh wow, this really breaks my heart. No these Doctors have no consideratin for what we mothers are going through. I understand that they are busy but this is a child, a life and death situation your talking about!! Of course you wouldn't sleep and spend your night watching your baby sleep. I am so sorry I hope with the surgery that things improve!