Poor baby Colton! The day after we got home I had to take Colton up to the Sleep Clinic. He snores like his old man...I mean an old man..okay, same thing! That part is kind of scary in and of itself but he also will go quiet and gasp for air. They are checking him for sleep apnea and if he has it then they will go in immediately and remove his tonsils and adnoids, but if he doesn't have it then they will wait to do the surgery until he is three. He was on the sleep apnea monitor for the first 2 1/2 months and was fine but they said it can develop later on. I am crossing my fingers that he is fine and that we can wait. Too scary! He was funny though because he was screaming so hard so I told him I would take a picture and he could look at himself and see what he looked like. When I showed him the picture he just started belly laughing...for about 5 seconds and then just started screaming again! I don't know how they expected him to sleep like that. What you can't see is all the things hooked up to his stomach, back and feet...but he did fairly well except for the ones up his nose. He kept waking up and pulling them out...it was a long night. Worst of all is that it took 1 1/2 hours to get home and when I got home we realized we left Mr. Stinky...um, his blankie,..up at the hospital. Ya, who cares...right?...wrong,..I am just as attached as he is because he's had that since he was in the NICU and so up we went to retrieve Mr. Stinky...and yes, this is what Colton calls him, because let's face the facts, he is stinky. I have to wash him like every other day because Mr. Stinky likes to explore Colton's nose holes and ear holes ....Lovely!! Look closely, he is sleeping as soundly as Colty! Oh, how I love my baby Colty!!!!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Tune in Tokyo!!
Poor baby Colton! The day after we got home I had to take Colton up to the Sleep Clinic. He snores like his old man...I mean an old man..okay, same thing! That part is kind of scary in and of itself but he also will go quiet and gasp for air. They are checking him for sleep apnea and if he has it then they will go in immediately and remove his tonsils and adnoids, but if he doesn't have it then they will wait to do the surgery until he is three. He was on the sleep apnea monitor for the first 2 1/2 months and was fine but they said it can develop later on. I am crossing my fingers that he is fine and that we can wait. Too scary! He was funny though because he was screaming so hard so I told him I would take a picture and he could look at himself and see what he looked like. When I showed him the picture he just started belly laughing...for about 5 seconds and then just started screaming again! I don't know how they expected him to sleep like that. What you can't see is all the things hooked up to his stomach, back and feet...but he did fairly well except for the ones up his nose. He kept waking up and pulling them out...it was a long night. Worst of all is that it took 1 1/2 hours to get home and when I got home we realized we left Mr. Stinky...um, his blankie,..up at the hospital. Ya, who cares...right?...wrong,..I am just as attached as he is because he's had that since he was in the NICU and so up we went to retrieve Mr. Stinky...and yes, this is what Colton calls him, because let's face the facts, he is stinky. I have to wash him like every other day because Mr. Stinky likes to explore Colton's nose holes and ear holes ....Lovely!! Look closely, he is sleeping as soundly as Colty! Oh, how I love my baby Colty!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet baby Colton!
Hey Becky!! It's Becky, from your ward. I found you on someone else's blog I have. Love your blog. Give me your email and i can invite you to my blog too. :)
Just an update. I just got the results and they are horrible. I'll try to update sometime!!!
Bec
Okay, I shouldn't have read this at 11 at night (midnight your time). I'm not going to sleep tonight worrying about him. I'll call you tomorrow.
We love you Colty!
Post a Comment