Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Say huh?

I think the puppy fairy has visited our house and given my husband a big old bite!! When we were married for time and ALL eternity he promised me that no matter how much I begged, no matter how much our children pleaded,...that we would never EVER EVER have a dog. This made me sad,..but I hoped that one day he would change. Folks...I believe that day has come. He has been really thinking about it for the boys birthdays next week and I am in SHOCK that he is really considering this. We went to the pet store yesterday...(don't freak out..we know you should never buy from the pet store) although I fell instantly inlove with this sweet little maltese doggie. Ahhh! Greg said he'd never seen me like that about an animal. I forgot how much I love doggies..although I stood to long in the allergy line in heaven and not long enough in the talent line and so I am allergic to alot of animals but this sweet doggie didn't make it hard to breath or give me blisters on my eyeballs...seriously!!

So let me explain how big this is. Greg has never really owned a pet. He claims to have owned a "water newt" that got out of its "cage" and dried up on the computer desk!?!? Um, Ew!! Who the freak owns a water newt and what the heck is it? And..does that really count? I say no. So I have heard about this "water newt" for sometime and I think he was deprived as a child. He went to hold the puppy yesterday and didn't even know how to hold her....but once he held her,..... I sercretly share a brain with him..... and I know he loved her just as much as I did. SOLD to the lady in the second row! Okay, so we didn't buy her but I now know it may happen and that I love little maltese doggies.

So here's to really hoping that the next time we walk out of the pet store we leave with a doggie and not a water newt! Heavens!!

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I know your probably thinking "who's this crazy girl looking at my blog?" But I found your blog through somebody in the ward and since I knew who you guys were I took a look.....ADDICTED. You are so dang funny. Any ways when Greg came to my house with the bishopbric to visit, he inquired about my little maltese who is due to have puppies any day, these ones won't be pure bred thanks to "Kilo" the chiahuahua down the street, but after seeing your post I think you should buy a male maltese and then we can breed our two dogs, and both come out ahead. Happy dog hunting, from the crazy girl invading your blog.

Miss Pete said...

How funny...we were walking through a new outdoor shopping center the other night and this guy had the cutest little dog on a leash. I asked him what she was and she was a maltese/shih tzu. It was the cutest dog I had ever seen. I told Scott one day we will own one of those.

Cassie and Chad said...

Wow I am shocked that you confessed to sharing a brain with your hubby! I love doggies!!! Good luck with this one!