Monday, September 15, 2008

What did you say?

Wow, it is only 9:00 a.m. and my kids are really cracking me up today. I really have to record it so I don't forget!!


Colton: Poor guy has been sick all weekend and was really sick last night. He is miserable and CRANKY today and I have a feeling we'll be paying for it all day. This morning he wanted a toy..but the problem was Alex already had it. Colton has a way of manipulating the situation..okay, who am I kidding, he beats, punches, and pinches until he gets what he wants. Poor Alex is so tender hearted that he practically is just terrified of the kid and drops the toy and runs. AND STILL...Colton has to still be cranky and walks up to Alex with toy in hand and scratches a 10" gash into the poor kids face. Then the conversation went like this:


Mom: Colton you are not allowed to touch your brother. That makes me angry when you do that.


Colton: But moooom, I had it first.


Mom: No you didn't. Alex had it first and he was so nice to give it to you.


Colton: But mooom, I not haPPPPPy!!


Mom: I'm sorry you're not happy but I'm not happy when you hurt your brother.


Colton: But MOOOOM, I SICK!!!!!


Really,...excuses start this young? I am shocked! I've never had kids who talk before potty training..seriously so this is shocking to me!!!



And then there was Alex:


He has been having horrible nightmares for the last month. I always ask him what he dreamed about and some are really really scary. He usually doesn't remember the all. Well, of course last night he had another one and so I asked him about his dream from last night and this is what he said..:


Mom: Hey buddy, you had another bad dream last night. What was it about?


Alex: Um, you know my dad?


Mom: Yep


Alex: You know my dad?


Mom: Yep


Alex: You know you husband?


Mom: Yep


Alex: Um, he asked another lady to go and get a new house.


I assume this means what I think it means and although it is a dream...Greg will pay for this. :) I had a dream the other night that he took a girl I went to High School with to Prom and bought her a $3.00 sweatshirt (yes 3, not 30) and didn't buy us one. I just remember being really FAT in the dream and although it was a dream..I didn't really need to talk to him the rest of that day!! :)


And then there was Dallin:


This needs no introduction....SERIOUSLY. We are thinking about trying to bottle this self confidence and selling it for good money...although I may keep some for myself!!!


Mom: Hey, Dal a girl at church told me she knows a girl who has a crush on you and chases you at recess. Her name is....!


Dal: UGHHHH! FrEaKy! UGHHH, she freaks me out. She gave me a candy and a love note.


Mom: Did you eat the candy?


Dal: Oh, um yeah. Whoops?


Mom: Haven't I taught you anything? I bet there are a lot of girls that have a crush on you.


Dal: YOU THINK? All of the girls just follow me around everywhere I go at recess. They won't leave me alone. I always say to my buddies...."Dude, can I trade you bodies cause then the girls will leave me alone!"


Mom: YOU SAY WHAT? Dallin!!!!! That is so rude!


I then went on to explain to him why that was rude. NOTE TO SELF: Family Home Evening tonight must be on HUMILITY!!!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Becky- I love your boys. They are so cute and funny! You tell Dallin to go ahead and do some body trading, just until he's old enough to get married and then he can trade back for Kamryn. Those girls need to leave him ALONE!

Dottie Stay said...

Those stories are priceless. All of the boys are wonderful. They make me laugh. I can't believe Alex's dream. Poor guy that would have made me sad too. I always get mad at Deron for dreams that I have. Poor guy, he has no idea why I wake up sometimes and am ticked off!

Anonymous said...

Those are classic stories! What funny boys! So very cute!

Devon said...

Seriously, body trading is a fantastic idea. You should really praise the kid for thinking outside the box! SO FUNNY!

Miss Pete said...

Oh, I love them!

Sharlynn said...

That was fun to read your boys. I can't believe all that happened in one morning. You have your hands full with those boys. Dallin just knows he is good looking. Those girls are going to continue to follow him everywhere.

Paige and Jason said...

BAHAHA SOOOO funny! I have found that my problem is making sure my girls know how special they are to Heavenly Father and their families, but not so special that they are better then others. My 3 older 3 get it...but Camrie...not so much. She seems to think that we as a family are here to serve HER. It's gonna be interesting in her teenage years if I can't knock some humility into her.

Nicki said...

It's so funny to see just how different each one of them are in their own little way. Sometimes it's hard to believe they come from the same family huh!? What a joy boys are though.
By the way I am having a scentsy open house on thurs. @6:30 I would love you to come if you can.

Sherian said...

That is all so hilarious! I love your dream of the $3 sweater. Really? How dare he!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Oh my gosh! I loved this blog entry! Your are some-what famous with my friends who blog jump. They love your blog and always ask me who you are. Keep up the great blogging! Your kids are adorable!!!
Myra

Rebecs said...

You know, when a boy knows he's hot, you just got to go with it. Can't damage those sweet little self-esteems!

And Colton's excuses, Mason at barely 3 years old started primary, hated it (no toys), and started lying on Sundays saying he was too sick to go to church. I'm blown away that they are so smart!

So who was the girl Greg took the prom and went all out on?

The Davies Family said...

THey are so stinking cute! What a lucky lady..but I'm sure you know that..especially if you bottled up Dallin's confidence..which by the way is a great idea! Yeah, we are already getting excuses..once 'P' said, 'but its my birthday!' like she's NOT going to get punished JUST because its her birthday? (and it WASN"T her birthday either)

Jason and Jessie said...

Becky... your kids are hilarious. I always can count on you to have something on your blog that I can laugh at. Aren't kids just great?!!!

Renee said...

So I want to know who the girls is that he bought that sweater for...anyone that I know!???? I hope not! Thanks for the laugh.

Johnson said...

You all know her..I just zipped my lip!!