So yesterday was one of those days where you just feel lovely about yourself. About 5 weeks ago I had this thing on my face..that was originaly a mole...a little tiny white mole....turned to something ugly. It looked like a zit on steroids...yet it wasn't a zit. Almost like a burn. It was awful bad and many people felt as though them commenting about it would either result in it suddently disappearing or in making me feel like crap about myself. (I will never understand why people have to point out other peoples problems...you don't think I see this thing growing on my face...Geez!) Well, it took a good three weeks for the actual sore to go away but left an ugly scar on my face. Last week the "thing" started coming back....which again people felt it their obligation to point that out!! GET OVER IT! Well at this point Greg started freaking out because once again...it was originally a mole. He came in Sunday morning and said he was just sick about it and that I needed to get to the doctor that day. Um...excuse me...I'm sleeping..go away...oh and its Sunday so don't freak out it is fine!!! I knew it was fine...I told Greg it was fine. He got the kids to gang up on me and they MADE me go to the dumb dermatologist office yesterday!! He looked at it.....SURPRISE...it was fine. Just a staff infection of sorts and he lazered it and it looks even better today. BUT....he did a quick once over of my face, hands, and legs and lower back. As he looks down at my hand he starts full out laughing. Now this guy was pretty quiet up until now. Not really friendly but not rude either. He is full on LAUGHING at me. And then he says this....."WHAT HAPPENED?" I'm totally confused and I can feel my face turning red...and he points at my finger again and all he can get out is this annoying laugh. "ah ha ha ha...ah ha ha ha..." Oh....I see you want me to kick you in the face? You may be rich and tall but I can take you outside the back by all the BMW's and kick your trash!! He then gestures for his nurse to come over and look at my decapitated finger. My poor poor finger. Thanks once again Dina. I already warned you that I will sue you when you are rich....Scott will be my attorney!! If anybody needs a reminder....Dina...my sister....chopped the top of my finger off in the front door when I was little and all I was trying to do was wave to my mom and dad's friends and she didn't like that. She has made fun of me my whole life. Go ahead...ask Greg how long it took for me to let him hold that hand??? I was so embarassed of it because it was so ugly and fat. ( Let me remind you I had 4 plastic surgeries before the age of five my friends!! ....my finger..my chin twice...and then the nice dog who bit my face off!!!) Anyways...back to Dr. Loser. He says..."No really..what happened?" Now I had already made the connection that his brother and Dina and her husband lived by each other in N.C. So I said..."ya..you know that sister I was just telling you about? She cut it off in the front door." Now I could have said, "why don't you get a little closer so you can get a better look at it".. ..and then punched his lights out...but I didn't because I am nice and let's get serious...I'm used to it by now. (let us not foget the little asian guy doing my nails for my wedding..."Wat happen you finga? Les see...how I chawge you? nine nomal finga one bery bery hawd finga.") I am posting some pictures of my "perfect" finger that in the resurrection all of you will receive because it IS so perfect. Until then....dream on!!! So here you go...my finger debut!!! Laugh away my people...laugh away. I'm a good sport. I kind of think my middle finger resembles the shape of the cookie monster!?!? And yes it is my middle finger...oh, I know...even funner. My side hurts its so funny!!!
So in SCARY news. We are doing the over night tests at home for Colton with the pulse oximeter to see how his oxygen level is at night. It always scares me because you know little kids and how they sleep. They toss and turn and get all tangled up in the cords. I have figured it out with the oxygen cord. I have it go down the back of his pajamas and out through the leg.....lessening the chance that it will get wrapped around his neck. Well with this machine you hook it just to his finger or toe and seeing as though is has obese toes...we had to do his finger. I turned the machine down because Alex said he wouldn't be able to sleep and I figured it was being recorded into the machine for the doctors. I got up many times in the night to check on him. At 4:30 I heard him start to whimper. I though he was just probably uncomfortable so I just layed there for a minute to see if he would go back to sleep. I finally decided that they probably got enough data for the test so I went in to take it off. I had kindof tightened the slack of the cord in between his bed so he didn't have room to roll over but somehow he did roll over and it was wrapped one time tightly around his neck. He was pinned up against the side of the bed. FREAKY! Obviously he was okay but it makes me sick to think of the "what if''s". Tonight...he will be sleeping by me!!! I hope he does well on the test because let's face it....he is sick of the oxygen...and so am I!!! I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a lifetime thing!!!
I think I deserve the mean mom award. I was just opening an email and got one of those stupid utube thingys that you stare at this nice quiet room and then some monster sits up and scares you. So I called the boys in for what I call.."mom entertainment". I sat them both on my lap and right up next to the screen and made sure the sound was up nice and loud and then when they jumped sky high I couldn't help but laugh hysterically. Is that sad? I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. Alex was saying..."mom that is not funny. I mad at you." and Colton was saying "whoa..I scared of that guy!!" Okay...so they may need therapy but it sure proves for a lot of hugs and kisses because they need comfort..okay..I know what you are thinking....I may need therapy!! Ahhh, I remember my sister and I putting nylon over our faces to scare my neices and nephews and they all turned out okay!!!
Okay....good day!!
11 comments:
I'm right there with you on the mean mom award because I love to scare my kids with those utube thingys too. I have laughed until I peed myself once or twice with Lexi. Could that be why she has nightmares? So funny though. I hope Coltin's results are good so he can get off the oxygen.
You are so funny. And let me state for the record that your finger is not that noticeable. You should have held it up by itself for him to get a good long look at. Why are some people so rude? Glad to hear your face is okay though and doesn't have a cancerous growth or something. Good luck with Colton. I hope he can get off the oxygen too.
Why am I laughing so hard! Oh, is it bad to get such enjoyment out of the scare. Do you remember when we had the computers talk to our kids and it scared them and all we could do was call each other and laugh about it.
I agree with Rachel. You should have just held the finger up for him to see better.
Those videos scare the crap out of me everytime, and I even know what's coming! We always laugh about them too because the first time I saw one was because Milt's cute little old Grandma sent one in an e-mail. I couldn't believe she actually knew what she was sending, but of course, she did! And it was so evil that I could not even picture her watching it! Maybe they shouldn't let little old ladies have access to crazy computer stuff...they enjoy it too much!
LOL--great post. I could compleatly "hear" the asian nail guy talking...to funny!
I am sorry about all the crap with Colten and the oxygyn.thats gotta suck.
I can not ever show my kids those scarey utube things because Sydney screams bloody murder and starts shaking. They make me laugh though.
Hey Becky - you should have flipped him off! Oh wait - that wouldn't have the same effect now would it. At least he would have had a good laugh.
I scared Addie to death with one of those videos too and she won't stop talking about it. Now I'm the one paying the price because she's scare of everything. And then she told on me to Nick who thinks I'm psycho for showing it to her. Oh well.
Let me know about Colton's results. Can't wait to see him at Christmas. I dying to see the attitude.
Okay, so I NEVER knew about your finger! It's not noticeable. Well, at least, it wasn't! So next time I see you, you'll have to show me! Ha ha, good thing you can laugh about that now! You're posts are always so entertaining!
Oh Becky, You are too funny!! I love the scare story and I love doing things like that to Brock. But those emails get me every freaking time!
I did the same thing with my kids with the same video probably. The girl riding her bike who falls off. Yeah, my kids didn't find it funny either but I did. So I am right there with you on the Mean mom award!
Oh the nylons over the head...now that's a classic.
I was laughing so hard when I read again what the asian guy said when he did your nail. I could hear you saying it in the perfect accent. You crack me up.
Post a Comment