Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And the new President is....


I only put this picture on here for one reason. It was Halloween when I took this picture. Let's see..um 4 days ago. No zits. I now have a valley of pimples living on my face!!! HORMONES!!!


Visiting Daddy!!


Greg jeopardizing our childrens well-being!!




Dallin riding the WILD horse moments before the fall!!


Alex and Colton hiding from Dad's scary students!!! Oh, and Alex ended up being three different things through the holiday week.



Dallin was a soccer player....SURPRISE!!


Mom's traditional pumpkin pancakes. I tried to make up my own recipe this year for pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes and they didn't work...so we went back to the old favorite!! (I on the other hand ate Joeditos chips and salsa with a nice coke...greg was trying to kiss up!!)


Alex as a football player (this was for school)



The costumes for Grandma's house!!

CHECK!! I'm done. I have now officially voted. Not for anyone I'm really fond of....but fonder than the other guy!! And albiet that I broke the little line divider while I was waiting in line. Of course I did....I break everything I touch! But, I am done and I need some comfort food ASAP! Anyone else feeling the squeemies? This country scares me right now! As I sit here all worried about our country and about finances I am quickly brought into my little two year olds care free life as he "passes gas" and giggles and says..."I barted!! Mommy..I barted!!" Sometimes I wish a "bart" could cure all sadness and worry...although it does always prove for a good laugh!!!

I have been having a hard time sitting down to type away into my blog. I thought it would be much easier than my journal which gets touched twice a year on a good year. But, just like anything else...it takes work and concentration. So much goes on that by the time I go to type it out..it's turned into a novel of sorts!!! My apologies to anyone following along. Did you ever stop to think that a blog is your journal that other people are allowed to read. I remember sneaking into my sisters journal...(which wasn't hard to break into because her "hello kitty" journal had the key attached to it!!! Nice.. but that is where I learned about Deanne and Jason Bogert!!! he he or Jason Booger as I like to call him) Sorry a little sidetracked!!! Anywho....now we write blogs with pictures...a glorified journal...and yet others read. Modern Technology!!

Halloween turned out to be eventful to say the least. It was filled with shopping..visiting daddy at work...shopping...work party.....trunk or treat....and a visit to mama cocos and papa Pete's!! The work party was fun. Greg stuck my little babies on the horse while I breathed into a brown paper bag. Just kidding...but I should have been. He then got on the horse..with Colton in front and Alex in the back. They made it. Unfortunetly for the people after us.....they got bucked and then of course I let out a BLOOD CURTLING SCREAM as the horse kicked and ran and headed straight in the path of my little Alex. Luckily he veered off to the right and there were no tragedies......whoo. It was a fun night...but I'm glad it is over with!!!

So, the ten year anniversary is coming up. I am in shock that it has been ten years. Don't you remember dating someone for like a month and feeling like you made it through the eternities and that you must spend forever together because you made it through a whole month? Yeah...so ten years? I feel as though I should just get Greg and I matching walkers. His could be blue...mine could be pink!! The problem really is that I don't know what to do for Greg...so lets put our computer screens together and think of something...okay..you do that and I will listen. Come on.....I will erase your comment if you say you can't think of something so just don't comment at all!!! Oh, I'm sorry...was that rude? GET OVER IT!!! Okay...so I pretty much have a week to think something up. And let's remember.....it's got to be on the "low budget" page...unless someone is willing to donate for the cause.?!?!?! Cheapos!! (I may or may not know what Greg is getting me for the anniversary. SHHHHH...so I may have peaked!!) I was the child that would unwrap my Christmas presents and rewrap them. It's a horrible trait but someone's gotta have it!!!

Greg and I were supposed to be going to the adoption meeting tomorrow. I think we are putting it off for another month. I guess I keep thinking that by another miracle some cure will be found and we can proceed with another pregnancy. I know....DOUBTFUL!!!


Well, I'm too antsy to sit here and type. I'm dying on this election day...I'm going to go make stew and homeade rolls and I may eat a gallon of ice cream to calm my nerves....and then tomorrow I can be sick about my lovehandles!!!

9 comments:

Miss Pete said...

I decided to check blogs to divert my attention from hitting the refresh button on Scott's election. (How can it be 10:30 and they only have the absentee votes in...annoying). So I was happy to finally see the boys all dressed up.

I'm curious to see this guy make the economy better and give me a tax credit to boot. Better yet, maybe Scott and I should start filing separately and I can qualify for one of the "poor" people who need to receive a check. Hmmm

I have an idea for the anniversary gift, but I can't leave it here. That's because it's the same idea I have for my own 10 year coming up in April. Call me. Or I'll call you.

Devon said...

You could make a photo book for him. Those aren't too much, and there are tons of websites that make it super easy to make them. But the walkers would be super cute when you guys go grocery shopping.

Johnson said...

Yeah..I did think of the photo book but I only have the last two years on my computer..the rest are from the dinosaur age and I'd have to scan them!!!

Nick and Deanne said...

Oh the good ole Hello Kitty days. I knew that you would break into that. No boundaries - I swear! I have Nick's 30th birthday on Friday and I have no idea what to do. He's so boring and doesn't want a party so I think we'll just go on a good old fashioned date. I'll be thinking of some ideas for you but if you have any for me - let me know. Oh and I can't surprise him at work - I don't think it would go over so well if I showed up with the kids in the operating room. But I bet I could really embarrass him by decorating his call room. Okay so now I'm laughing to myself. I'm going to turn my focus on to you. I'll let you know.

Sherian said...

Oh you are so great! I have written novels for some reason too...hum. I personally do believe that barting can cure many things in life! If we all end up having to live off the beans in our Food Storage we will bart ourselves into the millennium! OK...anniversary. I have made some fun videos with cool software. I know that Mac's have iMovie, but I'm sure others have stuff like me for their PC. Anyhoo...I put together a video of pictures and music of our years together. You know...dating, wedding, birth of your kids, special events, etc. Music can be so moving. We watched it during a candlelit dinner. My husband teared up! (Not that that's your goal) You can watch it for years to come, and my kids love to watch it! So...just a suggestion. (If you do decide on it, I would totally help you, just let me know....or just DELETE MY COMMENT, either way...geez!)

Rachel said...

Sorry we backed out on the meeting today. I'm thinking it's not happening for us anymore- just because I still think that by some miracle I will wake up pregnant. Then when it happens I can say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" to everyone who thinks I'm crazy (let's face it, most days I think I'm crazy.) Good luck on the anniversary thing. I never have good ideas. We didn't even DO anything for our last one. Love ya!

The Davies Family said...

Yeah definitly feeling the nervousness as today dawned..but I guess it has to get worse before it gets better?
BTW, i have an excellent pumpkin chocolate chip pancake recipe I would be happy to share with you.

Mike and Shannon said...

It's always fun to read your updates. I love you Halloween tradition of the pumpkin pancakes I need to try that next year, if I can remember. Happy 10 year anniversary, crazy how the time flys!

Layne & Kellie said...

Love your pancakes for Halloween. I wish I was a bit more creative! ;) I loved the costumes. I don't have any great ideas for your anniversary... we're still trying to get to our 5th ;) But I'm sure you guys will have fun when the time comes. Good luck!!