I swear, this should be a happy day! We just sold our house! Quick and easy! I don't know why I ever stress, we always sell..(knock on wood) There are ten houses just on our street that are for sale and we sold ours first! I should be happy right??? Well, wrong, I am overthinking, overanalyzing, overfreakin out!! Is it such a bad thing that all I want to do is make the right decision?? Some may call it a disease....I call it being righteous! j/k I just don't want to make a mistake and regret it later. I think I need some anxiety pills........seriously. I think I layed in bed last night thinking of everything that could go wrong,...from the big things of the house blowing down from the canyon wind, to the tragics of my children being hurt at different peoples houses. I don't even know these people but I have already dreamt up situations in my head of what could go wrong. I am also sad to leave some of my friends in this neighborhood. We have only been here a year but I have made a couple of really good friends and Dallin has made so many good friends they would be hard to replace. I hope what we are doing is right. We are moving next to Greg's brother Jeff and hopefully that will be a good experience. We spent two weeks together 24/7 and we had a party, so I think it will be fine. Best part is that the ward bouderies split right between our houses so we will be next to each other but in different wards....I think that is Great!!!! I think I am talking myself through this.....I felt that if the house sold than it was the right move and if it didn't than I was fine to stay...pretty logical right???
I thought Dallin would cry when I told him it sold...and I was right, he did, but not for the reason I thought he would. Last year we moved on his birthday and we are scheduled to move around the same time and so Greg and I were comforting him and we said, what are you sad about? And he said, "I want to have a birthday party!" Stinker...true kid for ya!!
So, I may be in and out for the next month while I try to pack my house. I am just a little OCD and was so organized on our last move. I had everything packed and labeled with what was in it and what room in needed to be taken to and then everything was ready to go right in the family room so people weren't having to go find things throughout the house. People commented on how much faster it went...but yeah, do you know how much time that took....let's just say I am busy for the next couple of weeks before we move. I am actually really excited. I will miss a lot of things about this house and my friends but, I think we will love our new home and hopefully like always, we will find some great people to be friends with. We ought to know all of the County pretty soon! This will be our sixth move in nine years!!! Yes, we are crazy!!!
7 comments:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Yes, it is hard to leave friends, but I am sure you will love your new neighborhood too. I want to come see your new house! I would also love to help you pack or watch your kiddos. Please let me know, I really would love it!
Wow!! Congrats on your sale. Where are you moving too? (what town?) I hate moving when I just made friends. This house is the longest we have stayed in one place. But you are amazing and it won't take you a second before you have a group of friends. Good luck with the packing!!
Congratulations on the house sale! Of course your houses always sell- they are beautiful. I can't wait to see the new one. I'm sorry I won't be much of a help during the move. I would love to take the boys for a few afternoons, but you know, new baby stuff. . . anyway, I'll be thinking about you. Where will Greg be teaching this next year? Timp still? Love ya!
Way to go Becky! E-mail me and fill me in on the details (because you know I love anything to do with real estate)...where you are moving to...what your house is like...have you already closed on that one?...etc. That will be so much fun to live next to people you have so much fun with. But I think the bonus is that you can be in different wards and have your own identity, instead of being "the brother & sister-in-law of the Johnson's."
That is so exciting!!! I am so happy for you. Don't stress. I think that your logic about selling the house is right on. I love change, but at the same time I hate it. Your kids are still so young that before you know it they will already hav great friends! As for you, hello, all you have to do is talk to someone and they immediately LOVE you! i am not worried at all. Like everyone else, I would love to have the boys come and play my boys get so bored! Or, I am always good to help pack. I invited myself over to Holly Virchow's house to help her organize her closet. Yeah, I am kinda like Monica from friends that way. Just let me know. I think it is freakin awesome that you have moved so much. What a good time for your family to grow together.
Wow, exciting times! How fun. Can I move, too? Good luck with the forthcoming craziness. Whenever we move I vow to never do it again OR I vow that I will pay movers to do the entire project. (None of my promises have yet happened--one can always dream, right?) As for overanalyzing--I think I am the queen of that department. I stress and overanalyze everything. It's probably not very healthy. Let's just learn to take a "cleansing breath" and relax!
I am so sad I won't be able to wave to you from Costco anymore, but I'll just have to hunt you down wherever you go! You are a brave wife. I always tell Milt we can't ever move because I don't want to pack...it's miserable! So good luck! Let us know if you need help (other than pills...)
Post a Comment