So, I decided to put together a Book Club Blog. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't. "My name is Becky and I am a book nerd." There, I said it. I love a good book. I have always loved reading, but since I became a mom I am a little obsessed. There is something about losing yourself in a book. I love to unwind after the kids have gone to bed and I have been known to slightly place my children at a project (come on, if they are counting or doing ABC's on Backyardigans..that is considered a project) just so I can read my book. But, it has to be a dang good book like Twilight to ignore the children.
Two things good and bad about me.....Bad first: I can read a book and not remember what it was about a month later. Good: I can read a book and not remember what it was about a month later....and so I enjoy it even better the second time. So, I think it would be fun to discuss the book before it is completely erased from my memory. Greg claims I can remember the tiniest details throughout my life... yet I can barely remember what I read yesterday. If I see a picture, I can remember all of the tiniest details from that moment from what we discussed and what we ate and what we did before and after. It doesn't work in Greg's favor when we discuss an earlier..."discussion" or argument. So my point, I may not be the best at leading a discussion, but I figure between all of my future book club blogging friends, I can start to remember what makes a good book,..such a good book.
So, go and visit the blog and since I know that a majority of the people I like have read the first book(s) lets discuss!! Book Club in Session!!!
P.S...everyone is welcome!!!
bookclubformommies.blogspot.com
8 comments:
Becky - I'm so glad you are doing this! I too love to unwind with a good book after Ruby goes to bed. But, I never know what to read! So, thanks!
Cute idea Beck... I love it and I always need good books to read
Ok. I already posted on the book site, but since you posted here too... I thought I would respond again. But I love your description of how read... I am SO that way. I can read a book and then I can't remember it much a while later. So when people ask if I had a read book it takes me a bit to remember or I have to have them start telling me about the book. Sad. Oh well.
Second... I LOVE your Christmas count down. Can I tell you I am listening to Christmas music right now!! I started two weeks ago. I love the holiday season!!
You are cute and what a fun idea. I will join in. I am like you though. Once I read the book I forget what I have read. Sad but true.
Great plan! It will be lots of fun!
I am so the same way! I can pick up a book that I have already read, and reread it, and it's like reading it for the first time. In fact, I need to go reread Twilight, because I'm sure I've forgotten everything.
Great idea. I love a good book.
I stayed up past midnight last night to finish New Moon. Why do I feel like I'm the one in love with a vampire and a warewolf? BTW- I like Jacob so much! Maybe it's brcause he remonds me of my hubby!!!
Post a Comment