Okay, so it is no news to anyone that I am OCD and that I also like change. Greg goes crazy when he comes home and all of the furniture is rearranged, but hey, it is amazing what a new arrangment will do for ya! So, anyways, I have debated changing my blog layout because it erases all of the old stuff, but I think it was time to add new stuff in and take out the old.
So much has happened since I last posted. Where do I start. I guess with the most dramatic thing.
1. THEY LOST COLTON IN NURSERY
So the drama of the week is that on Sunday Greg and I spoke. Everything went pretty good. I was just glad to be done with it. Come on, we move a lot, which means we speak a lot. Can't I just be given the same topic each time??? Anyways, I came home during Sunday School with Colton and my parents to show them my new paint in my Living Room. I went back for Relief Society and decided to try Colton in Alex's nursery since we are still new to the ward, I figured why not try him in with Alex and that way maybe he won't be so scared. Besides, I felt like the women teachers as opposed to the men teachers would pay more attention to him...WRONG! I stayed for about 15 mintues and got him settled and then I stood outside the door for another five minutes just to make sure he didn't cry..he didn't. I headed to RS thinking, yeah, I get to enjoy RS before I head to the Primary next week with my new calling. Well, after RS I lingered for a minute talking to someone and when I came out of RS, there was one of the dads who was helping in nursery. He was just casually standing there and said, "Oh, do you not have Colton?" I say, "no, don't you?" and He said, "Well, he slipped out, but we don't know when he did." So anyone who knows me will know that this is my worst nightmare. I immediately started running towards nursery and the chick in there said, ya, I don't know where he is. So I panicked because church is out...people are leaving..and no one knows us and so who is going to notice him walk out side. My fear, was that he'd end up out side and be hit by a car. I ran down the first hallway, checking bathhrooms, library, classrooms all the way down. Nothing! I ran out to the first parking lot and ran up behind the cars..nothing...I ran back in and that dad is just following me..and when i had passed nursery they had let Alex follow me to...Great! I ran back in and people were telling me good job on my talk and I finally just said really loud, "Please, my baby is lost, I need help finding him". Of course people were looking at me like I just lost my mind....(worse people, it is my one year old) just then, I spotted Greg. I was hoping that he would be with Greg but he wasn't. Greg went running down the opposite hall and Greg isn't hard to freak out but I think he realized how tragic this could turn out. I passed Dallin on my way out of the next door to the parking lot. I left Alex with him, (Thank goodness for my mature Dallin..I love him). I ran into that parking lot in a panic as cars are backing out. No Colton. I ran back in and started heading down the last hallway in the church. As I reached the end of the Hallway, Greg came walking around the corner with Colton. I burst into tears. I felt so stupid but I have never been so thankful and relieved to see my baby boy. I think any mom would have felt the same with any child, but especially with all we went through to get Colton here....I couldn't imagine losing him to something so careless. Anyways, Greg said he walked into that last foyer and Colton was just standing at the doors looking out. When he spotted Greg, Greg said he just put his arms up and gave him a look like, "Where have ya been Dad? I've been looking for ya." Oh, how I love my kids. When I was talking to Dallin later he admitted that I looked like a crazy woman! He said, "I wasn't worried mom, I knew in my heart we'd find him." Oh, how I wish I had that kind of faith!!!
2. KITTIES IN THE WINDOW WELL
So, about two weeks ago I was in the office and I heard a crazy noise on my window. I yelled up to Greg and asked him if the wind was blowing. He said no and so I told him, "Well, then someone is trying to break into our house." He went outside and I heard him yell, "Bec, come here." I went out....hesitant..and there were four little kitties in our window. Well, we have grown to love the kitties..although, we enjoy them through the window because I am SOOO allergic to cats. We had a friend pull one in the other night and begged her dad for it..but just being in my office for ten minutes made my allergies start. I don't want to call the shelter because I know they don't keep them for very long before they put them to sleep and plus, their mommy still comes and feeds them. Crazy though, they were so weird yesterday on Halloween. I was convinced there was a boogy monster...or a cougar, in the bush because all day,...I mean all day, they were freaked out. They stayed in the same spot with their backs up and fur staning on end and hissing all day. Wierd. They are okay today.
3. HALLOWEEN
Halloween was of course great. Greg took the boys out and I spent my first year in 9 years of marriage passing out candy. We are never home on Halloween and I guess we decided it is time to stay home. We had a fun Halloween party last weekend with Gregs family. We played the "How to host a murder party." Greg was a Hollywood Mystery Script Writer and I was a valedictorian turned Soccer mom. I pretty much felt like I shouldn't dress up seeing as though I was valedictorian of my 6th grade class...and spoke at 6th grade graduation...and hello, I am the worlds best soccer mom. Anyways, I of course was the murderer...I knew I would be! We had a blast...thanks Jennie!!!
Okay, so, I will skip the rest! I hope everyone had a great Halloween. Personally, I am looking forward to the upcoming holidays!!!!
15 comments:
Bec- I am so glad that Colton was okay! My biggest fear is having one of my kids hit by a car- hence they NEVER play outside in our neighborhood since it's just a street full of garages. I loved the Halloween pictures and I like the look of the new blog. I hope you saved your old blog posts on a disk or something, so you can look back on them! We still need to get together!
Cute blog layout. Glad you had a great Halloween!
So glad Colton is OK! Yikes! Those crazy Nursery workers - or should I say Nursery Slackers! Good Grief! Glad all went well in the end. LOVE the new layout! Gald you had a happy halloween! I am SO very excited for the holidays too!
Okay poor little Colton and that is the worst feeling ever. I am glad he is okay. Sounds like you had some great fun for halloween. Those parties are lots of fun. You look cute too!
I would be freaked out too. I am so glad you found him safe and sound. I love the new layout and the Halloween pictures.
How do you let a one year old slip out? Chris & I are in nursery and we put tables in front of the doors to prevent this, (seems that we have usually between 12-16 kids!!) Anyway, I'm glad you found him and had a fun Halloween! Your new blog layout is darling!
I'm so glad to hear another post from you again, even though you've moved SO far away! And great costumes! You are such a good mom! Glad to hear everything's going well (except for losing your youngest child). But besides that, hope keeps going well! We miss you at the North end of the valley!
Wow! I'm glad Colton was found safe and sound. My worst nightmare is losing one of my children...and never finding them. That's interesting about the kitties. I'd be the same way about not letting them in the house. And I'm not even allergic! Glad you had a fun Halloween!
Oh so glad Colton was alright. That is a HUGE fear of mine. Our church sits next to a highway...though they have to slow down going through the city... but it still freaks me out. I lost one kid out of my class once and he went out side. I freaked out...(he ended up in the field behind the church), but I can't imagine it being my one kid... I would cry!!
Loved your costumes. I have a A Murder Party game, but I have to wait until we move to play it. They are a blast!!
Alright, first of all who are the idiots in nursery?! That is what you get for living in Spanish! Just kidding! I am so glad that things turned out alright. That is the worst feeling in the world! I would love to take one of the kitties off your hands, but My marriage to Deron is more important. So sorry about your allergies! You will never come to my house again! Loved your costume! You two are the life of the party where ever you go I am sure!
Oh I don't blame you on being freaked out! There are so many people walking those halls after church you would think someone was watching him. I'm glad he is ok!
Looks like you guys had a fun halloween! Love the costumes.
I'm allergic to cats as well. My eyes ich like crazy! I prefer them from afar! Kittens sure are cute though.
Wow, exciting times! You need to move out here and come to my ward. Our nursery leader, aka Nursery Nazi, is fantastic. She keeps everything running so orderly, it's borderline militaristic, but you know, those kids just love her. And Holly has never gotten lost, and can ALWAYS tell us what she learned in their lesson.
Cute blog... I can't believe they lost your kid in nursery... I would freak out! I probably wouldn't ever go back... j/k, but that's really scary!
Cute costumes too!
Becky,
So glad to hear from you! (And BTW, you are always welcome to "snoop" on my blog. That's what it's there for!) I love reading your blog. You are so hilarious. Your family is so cute!
-Amanda (Lee) Alldredge
Cute about the kittens! We once had a whole little quail (sp?) family stuck in our window well. The tiny birds were SO cute.
Glad you had fun at your murder party!
Post a Comment