Well, a Merry Christmas to everyone. I know, I know, Christmas has passed and the scrooge in me says Yippee and the Christmas lover in me is sad!! I know, sounds a little indecisive...that's me. I love Christmas but as a responsible mother and wife..(lol) I think Christmas is such a stress. Can I get an AMEN? "Amen!!" Thank you!! By the time Christmas rolled around I had a consta headache and my stress level was not letting me sleep. You know the usual..."did I get enough for this person",..."did I spend to much on this?"....."blah, blah, blah!!" But, all in all, I think it was a wonderful Christmas. My parents have spent the last two Christmas's with my sisters who are out of state( last year in California with Kristin and Deb and this year in Mississippi with Sheri and New years with Deanne in North Carolina) so needless to say, we miss them but with three kids and Gregs family living close...we filled our time up just fine. I always miss my sisters but especially at the holidays. I love ya gals!!!! We always go the hospital with Gregs family and Christmas Eve to sing to all of the people in the hospital. We always have so much fun even though most of them can't carry a note. Notice I said, "them" because I have a bEaUtIfUl opera voice. (again..lol) Last year Greg and I thought we were so funny because Gregs mom usually passes out a piece of paper with the words to all of the normal Christmas caroling songs. But, I got on the internet and found all of the ones for the not so common songs and typed them up and passed them out like it was no big deal. Some of them were.."Ave Maria"..(for my Opera voice), and "Breath of Heaven" and the country song about "I want to buy these shoes for my momma please"...I know you know that song. Another classic we put on there is "Baby, its cold outside"..."Blue Christmas" and "Feliz Navidad"...which my father in law insisted we sing to this poor spanish family!!! Crazy Americans!!! One year I passed a room that had no one in it and so I told my sister in law Cammie to go sit on the bed..I know...thats a no no..sorry, but then I went and told everyone that we missed a room. I think Cammie and I thought it was funnier than everyone else.....come on, admit it...that is funny!!!
The boys loved Christmas. Santa left all of our Santa presents down stairs...little trickster, and so when Dallin asked if we could see anything out in the front room or upstairs family room and we said no...he said, "You know what? Thats okay because I have my family and I will just have to try harder to be good this next year." Poor guy. Luckily we found them downstairs. Santa must have like the chips, salsa and cold Coke we left for him. Come on..everyone leaves him cookies and milk...what he really wants is Joe Bandidos chips and salsa and a coke. And what Santa wants....santa gets. When Uncle Tim asked Dallin if he was Santa would he come to Dallin and Dallin thought about it for a minute and said..."Yeah, I'd come but I would leave a note." Tim asked him what the note would say and he said,.."you have one more chance". That makes me laugh because Dallin is one of the greatest kids out there. He is a 30 year old trapped in a 7 year old body.
What a great Christmas. We have made so many memories and my kids are growing up so fast. I am so blessed and grateful for all that I have. Now, it is time for a new year and time for a new start at that yearly diet!!! Lets see if I can make it past January 3rd this year!!!
4 comments:
I know I say this all the time, but Dallin better marry my daughter! He is the BEST kid I know (even my own!) Love him and love you!
I am with you on starting the yearly diet. I think I have consumed more candy and coke in the last few days then in the last 6 months! I am glad that Santa made it to your house. It is a stressful but great time of year - for the kids anyway!
You are too funny! "Amen" on the stress, I know it's sad, but I'm so ready to move on :) I love that Santa gets chips, salsa and a cold coke. I've been totally doing that one wrong! (but my kids do know that Santa's fav cookies are Oreo's, that funny, me too!) Dallin sounds like such a good boy...all he needs is his family! So...that diet thing? I'm so glad it's not just me. Maybe January 4th?
Cute pics. Sounds like you had a great christmas. You are hilarious! I hope your new year is off to a good start. It is the 2nd today. How you doing so far? Just kidding.
Post a Comment