Thursday, January 24, 2008

Poor Unfortunate Souls!!

Well, kick me sideways! Go ahead...I can handle it! I have spent days on reorganizing my stupid storage room. When it flooded we just started pulling things away from the water. Well, I thought I would take that opportunity to get really organized. I numbered all of the bins and then made a list with those numbers and then went through each and every...32 bins...and wrote down and then typed up what was in each one. I then spent the entire day...this entire day..as I am typing sweat is still a dripping!... putting them in order back into their nice little...larger...spot in the corner. I reorganized the toys..reorganized the guest bedroom...the word reorganized...is ticking me off. I just got done with doing everything and I went to take a toy back to the toy room and as I walked past the bathroom...oh yeah...get ready for it...Uncle Rico was back. What the freakin darn heck?!?! (yes, that is substitute for whatever potty word you want to put there.) The gurgle has returned...?... I haven't heard it until about five minutes ago. So, what does this mean? Are we gearing up for the flood again? Of course...right the very second I finish putting everything back where it needs to go! So, what do I do...do I rush to call Greg..no I come and blog it out so I can get a hold of myself.!.!.! Breathe in...and now breathe out! There..now I can go call Greg! If you think this is stressing me out...wait till you meet Mr. Stresser-Pants...my husband! We are thinking about changing our names to Greg and Becky Stresser-Pants. Fits kinda nice! I guess what makes it even worse is that Greg and I have been on this "insert swear word" diet and Greg has already lost 10 pounds and I have gained 6. How the heck does that work. I have even been excersising and he hasn't. He feels great and I feel like there is a brick stuck in my digestive tract blocking anything that might want to come out...therefore making me bloated, tired,...and feeling like I have the consta flu! So, braving this 12 month pregnant belly (no, I'm not pregnant), achy, tired feeling..I still went ahead with the organizing!! What a kick in the freakin shorts!!!

Well, I don't know about you, but I feel better already. I guess I am just going to have to play really loud obnoxious music anytime anyone wants to come over so that they don't think we are holding an old man with a bad case of diarrhea hostage in our bathroom downstairs!!

16 comments:

Renee said...

Soooooo sorry! I hope the gurgle is not what you think it is. You paint such a lovely picture of that basement bathroom - I need to come witness the sound for myself! Good luck!

Miss Pete said...

Maybe the gurgle in the basement is talking to the gurgle in your tummy. You could have woken it up from its winter hibernation. Your wards "service gift" next year for Christmas could be sandbags for your basement.

Melani said...

Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed that; even though I feel bad for you. Your hilarious!

Rachel said...

Becky- that SUCKS! I love your new last name by the way. I'm glad I got to visit the house minus the gurgle, but now I'll have to come back and hear it. Thanks again for having us over. We had a great time and enjoyed your peanut butter bars for an entire day before the plate was GONE. We'll have you guys over soon!

Layne & Kellie said...

Man, I pray that it doesn't flood again. The thought of having to clean that up makes me gag. Plus, how annoying is that to have it flood after you clean and organize it all!!!

Devon said...

Hello Mrs. Stresser-Pants! I'm sorry to hear about the gurgle. I'm sure it makes you stressed out, but at least be cheered by the fact that reading about your life on the blog makes all of us laugh hysterically! You're the best!

Anonymous said...

Becky, you are so funny! I am sorry the gurgle has come back. I love owning a home, but sometimes the maintenance end gets really annoying. It would be so nice to call a landlord once in awhile. I hope it goes away soon.
Thanks for making me smile!

Annie said...

Allright, this is what I did when after three weeks of hard-core dieting, and no further results from the initial loss: I got mad. And this entire week I ate whatever the #$%@ I wanted. I recommend that. Good therapy. I guess I have to jump back on the healthy eating bandwagon on Monday. Oh well...it was nice while it lasted.
Good luck! You look fantastic...and you shouldn't be on a diet anyways! I hope the gurgle leaves you in peace. :)

Dottie Stay said...

Before I started typing I had to go and change my pants because I wet myself! You are so dang funny! I love it, and I even love you more! Crap the (oh I will go ahad and swera for you) damn gurgle is back? My sink was gurgling the other day and I thought of you. I thought it had left your house and come to mine. The good news is is that at least you could blame Greg being down stairs instead of some old man chained to the wall. PS YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!!! NO need for diets Bec!

Cassie and Chad said...

Oh Becky I hope that gurgle didn't mean what you thought it was going to mean. By the way...Love the new last name. I want to see your new house before you move. Don't think that we don't know your husband. Good luck and I am sorry about the brick.

Unknown said...

Mr. & Mrs. Stresserpants,
That fits pretty well I have to say! Especially when Greg is outside at 4am with a flashlight making sure your siding doesn't fly off. I love it! You crack me up in every way possible. Way to go and organize...I wish I could get some motivation.

Natalie said...

OH Bec! I'm soo sorry! You sick of heqring that yet? I hope you guys get it figured out, not fun. Good Luck!

Rebecs said...

Okay so what is this siding flying off at 4 am story? I just love reading your blog, it's like hearing your stories all over again. So the question is flood or no flood?

Sharlynn said...

Hey there miss stresser-pants. You make me laugh and that is what makes you so great. We are coming over so put that music on! We do need to get together. I think about it at least once a week and I never do anything about it.

Sherian said...

Oh I am so sorry about the gurgle!
You're my inspiration..dieting and organizing...the two things I need to do everyday! Keep me posted, I am told that if you gain after a new exercise plan it can be muscle, that's what I'm told. If I were fit and trim I would give you loads of fantastic advise. With that said, I will offer you encouragment! You are amazing!
I love the new look of your blog, super cute!

Jen Tornow said...

Alright Bec, if the gurgle is in fact back, I vote you get a new plumber over there! The fact that the same plumber has come so many times and still hasn't fixed the problems, maybe someone else needs to give it a shot (although that may not be the least expensive option)! I'm so sorry for you. I can sympathize--the roof of our house leaks (Yes, our house is not even a year old). Why they build flat-roof homes in an area where it snows is beyond me. They have to come and shovel the snow off the roof every time it snows and when it finally stops snowing, they are going to re-do the roof or something. By the way, did you know that 4 out of 6 sisters in my family are pregnant? Brenda, Me, Jana and Lisa!! (Jana's was a total surprise and we just found out about it).