Monday, November 10, 2008

Famous quote of the day

So...brace yourselves...you may think I'm crazy after this post. Oh, be quiet...so you thought I was crazy before...KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!! So after my visit to the "dermi" last week I have been a little obsessed about my "beauty mark" above my lip. I've always thought of it as a beauty mark....(I have like 4 of them..which makes sense...:)...) Anywho....somebody who will go nameless because it is easier to deny it now....uh hmmm...was appauled that the "dermi" didn't remove that mole because it is "HUGE"....(EXACT WORDS). I have to admit...I haven't liked this mole recently and really wanted it off but let's be honest...no one wants to spend money right now...especially on cosmetics!! Okay..I want to spend money but I can't!!

Okay......so growing up one of my favorite movie lines was a classic from John Candy himself...(I miss that man!!). We quoted it quite often as a family for reasons that will stay between our family because it probably wasn't the nicest reason why we quoted it....It went as follows..(Read it outloud with me if you remember this line..) (Deb and Dina... let me hear you loud and clear!!!)

"TAKE THIS QUARTER AND GO DOWNTOWN AND HAVE A RAT GNAW THAT THING OFF YOUR FACE!!"

Anyways..I was feeling like the lady on the movie with the big growth protruding off of her face and I didn't really have a quarter and nor did I want to go downtown....um so I took matters into my own hands and operated by myself......with the NAIL CLIPPERS!!! ahhhhhh...OKAY it's out there. Now you know. Think I'm crazy? It's okay, Greg thinks I am. Yes it did hurt....Yes...it bled like crazy....And NO...it's still there. It looks even bigger now!!!

Lesson of the Day: Take the Advice and take the quarter and allow a rat the chance to gnaw...cause Nail clippers just don't work!!!...atleast on moles anyways!!

(* for those who would like to contribute to Becky's official mole removal fund please let us know.......for those who would like to contribute to her Psychotherapy...keep it to yourself!!)

8 comments:

Nick and Deanne said...

Becky! You are going to turn your "beauty mark" into a scar! What are you thinking?! It's better to have a mole on your face than to have a huge scar. Leave it alone.

Nick and Deanne said...

Oh and for the readers and the record - it wasn't me who told her it was HUGE! :)

Renee said...

Wow, I knew you were talented by taking surgery into your own hands is a bit extreme! You are crazy but too funny. Where do I donate to both funds? :)

Devon said...

Man...you sure are gutsy, aren't you? At least you're brave enough to have tried it. I'm too chicken to cause myself any pain!

Miss Pete said...

Are you not Colleen Peterson's daughter? Why would you do such a thing on your own. Now you're going to have mom (and let's be honest the rest of the sistas - even though we won't say anything to you but you'll see us looking) stare at it.

That movie lines going to have more fuel now. Almost better than "My Brother the Doctor."

Nelson Family said...

I totally cringed when I read that! That would KILL! It's been way too long since I have seen you and I have never recalled anything "protruding" from your face! lol! You're gorgeous!! I vote leave it!

Nicki said...

I feel for you. I myself being often referred to as "the mole lady" would like everyone of these suckers removed from my face. However the cost is not worth living in a box if you ask me, so they will stay for now. (notice in my picture the huge one on my forehead...horrid)

Rachel said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You did not! What a brave woman you are. Sorry it didn't work! I hope the swelling goes down soon!