
While I am trying to figure this whole thing out..I might as well post something..right? I haven't even tried to explain my love for my "superman" husband who spoiled me rotten for our anniversary. Shock would not be a word to even begin to describe my feelings when he "showered me with his love." I understand that 10 is a big number and I am sure somewhere along the way I have made it clear how big "10" actually is....(of course I have..I wouldn't be me if I didn't) He has definetly heard the moaning and gnashing of teeth when a birthday has come and gone and I recieve nothing but a comment like this.."I told you I didn't have anything for you." and then the next year followed by me thinking he can't possibly be serious and yet again he suprises me with nothing but another......um...NOTHING. Okay, so I give him a hard time..there have been many times I have recieved great things too. It isn't that I want wordly possessions...just a little show of some lovin right? There are many stories good and bad that I can go into right now...but I'll save them for a rainy day.
So anywho...we actually went on our cruise last spring for our anniversary so really we weren't supposed to be doing anything for each other. But, my sweetypoo decided differently and WHAT A DOLL....lets just say he gets what he wants for awhile. He originally told me not to look in his email because there was an email I wasn't supposed to see. OH,...Um...Okay...RIGHT!!! Do you know who you are dealing with? The impatient child who had to unwrap and rewrap christmas presents...or the child who waited for her parents to leave so that she could bombard their closet and seek out her treasures....!! I am not up for surprises and I am very VERY impatient. I am the person who reads the back of the book and then enjoys the book so much better because she knows the ending...I'd much rather know!! Anyhow, I gave it a few days..I was brave and I was strong and patient....and then I wasn't. I just had to peak into his email...and I found an email to his mom asking to watch the boys while he sent me out shopping. (there is always a little bit of a letdown when you ruin a suprise). I was shocked. I thought I knew the whole secret...but low and behold I didn't. Here's how our anniversary surprise went.....
I woke up in the morning with flowers...(okay he got a poinsetta instead..!?!?) and a card with some COLD HARD CASH explaining that I was to go and buy a new outfit for dinner that night and maybe a little outfit for latter..(hubba hubba)...um too bad I spent all the money on the dinner outfit..Let's face it...you don't have enough money to buy a birthday suit like mine.......you'd have to pay some serious dough for these stretchmarks baby!!) I went to lunch by myself....LOVED IT. It was a nice day but went by too fast. That night we went to dinner and in the past we always go to a hotel in SLC but I hate spending the money when my bed is way more comfortable. I know boring...but seriously. So, Jeff and Kerri had our boys and we came back to Hotel Johnson....kid free. Enough said. I thought that was it but boy was I surprised. When I woke up in the morning he had a big envelope he handed to me. Inside were a bunch of different envelopes with different times on them...like 9:30 or 10:30..ect. ect. I wasn't to open them until those specified times. Let's just say I spent my first hour getting a facial...the second hour getting an ice cream pedicure...the third hour having a candlelit lunch with Greg and the fourth hour enjoying a couples massage. It was the most amazing morning...I swear to it. I was so proud of Greg that 1st he planned this all and 2nd he finally gave into my wishes and got a massage with me. So heres the lowdown on the rub:
Greg was a little nervous to get a massage. I didn't know he was coming so I had a few minutes to brief him on his behavior during the massage. I have had massages before and when I come home and discuss it with him he just says he would never want a massage...just a tickle. What the heck? A tickle? You want to pay someone to tickle you? Are you kidding me? One time after a massage I thought since he treated me to the spa I would give him a massage. I tried to use my best massage manuvers....you know..I was trying to remember what felt good during my massage. All I got was an,.."Ow..that hurts...oh, that is really uncomfortable....ahh. don't touch my feet that tickles." Dude, shut up..just be glad I am touching your feet..( I despise feet so you must understand my love for Greg must be intense seeing that I'd be willing to not just touch...but rub his feet.)
It wasn't a pleasant experience so I anticipated what this was going to be like. I said,...."don't ask for them to just tickle you. Just try a massage and see if you like it." ...."okay and please no sound effects when you are being rubbed...yes it feels good but it is better to not have sounds effects..." (enough said.) He was so unsure about having a girl rub him but he was not having a dude rub him forsure. I have only had a girl give my massages so I wasn't sure I wanted a dude either. Sure enough we see two people approaching....one boy...one girl. It is amazing that in that brief 15 seconds of them walking over to us the type of conversation two people can have back and forth. "Crap...is he rubbing you or me? Um....what do we do?...um do you feel uncomfortable...dude I don't want a dude rubbing my back...."and so forth. They approached us in our little white robes and we were off. Low and behold Greg was relieved and unrelieved. He got the girl but then again..I got the boy. I decided this was fine and just to go with the flow. Until introductions began and he introduced himself as one of Greg's old students!!! AHHHHHH! Obviously Greg hadn't made the connection. What do you do at that point. Um, okay little boy....you aren't rubbing my big body. It was akward to say the least. If anyone has ever had a massage..you are mostly covered up but you are pretty out there too. I had to go to the good place and I'll admit..once he started rubbing I was able to go to the good place much quicker and it was the best massage ever...but akward. I try not to think about it too hard....because then I feel humiliated.
It was all in all a wonderful day and I love Greg for treating me like a queen. 10 years! It is amazing how fast time goes by. I'm not a mush but I love Greg more every day and every year. My love for him now is so different then when we first started. We have been through so much in ten years and he is my rock. I couldn't live without him. Its such a different kind of love and appreciation. I miss him when he's at work and I love to be around him when he is home. We can laugh at each others jokes like no other..(okay so most of the time we are laughing at our own jokes but the other one thinks we are laughing at their joke...) We got laughing so hard the other day in the car I thought we were going to crash. I couldn't breath and I was on the verge of tears. No one can do that to me like Greg. When we'd have our babies and he'd have to go back to work I missed him like crazy as I sat in the NICU watching our new little creation. He was my rock through each of my babies....he had all the faith in the world. Greg is spiritual and uplifting. He knows how to solve problems by teaching through the scriptures. My patriatical blessing described him...and without a doubt when I met Greg I knew he was who my blessing described....problem solved....questions answered..it was him. I love you Greg and I'm so thankful that we have eternity because ten years hasn't been close to enough time with you!!
Here's to my true love!!
11 comments:
You and Greg make the cutest couple. I am so glad you all moved here and that I've gotten to know you. Today is my 11th anniversary. Sure wish my hubby had plans like your hubby had for you. Ahhh... maybe one day. :) By the way, I laughed my guts out when I was reading about Greg and his thoughts on getting rubbed by a dude! TOO FUNNY!!!
I'm copying your post and emailing to Trevor so he can take some notes! Thanks for the giggle.
You seriously crack me up so bad! I LOVE reading your blog! Our 10 year is coming up here and Jason will definantly be reading this! Nice work Greg!!!
Oh, and got your Christmas card today! LOVED IT! THANKS!
What a great anniversary! You and Greg are the perfect people for each other...I can't wait to see how awesome (and funny) your boys turn out!
Can you imagine what he said...Dude I just rubbed my seminary teacher's wife. Do I need to talk to my bishop now? J/K
I'm glad you had such a great day. But I know Greg. I don't think he could sit through a massage and not say anything. There has to be some little gem that came out of his mouth. He's too funny! And he did a good job!
Sounds like a wonderful and very well deserved day of pampering! You guys make me laugh. I love that he did the massage with you - I don't know if my hubby loves me that much! Happy 10 years - saying that makes me feel really old!
Congrats! Happy 10 year!!! What a guy. I was reading your blog thinking maybe I should show Andrew this so he can get some good ideas for our 10 year. He already has some plans so we will just see how he does. I am glad you had such a good time!
Awesome! K, it takes something really funny for me to actually laugh out loud and I definatly laughed out loud a few times. :) My favorite part was your side note about you guys laughing at each other (but really your laughing at yourself). that was great!! thanks!! I needed a laugh before bed.
Go Greg! It sounds like a wonderful and well deserved treat!
Happy 10 years!! The two of you make such a great couple and have so much fun together. You will have to tell Greg that he just moved up in my book.(did not think that was possible for him to do) I am glad that you had a great anniversary--you deserve it!!
I'm really hoping Troy pays attention to this one! He needs to take the hint!
Post a Comment