Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reward or Punishment..that is the question


I had a wonderful chat with Dallin's wonderful teacher the other day at the wonderful parent teachers conference. Of course wonderful Dallin is doing wonderful in school and I am thrilled. I am using wonderful a lot in the first part of this post because it won't be found in the second half...trust me. I feel it is wondeful to reward your child when they do absolutely wonderful in school and so a wonderful report card always results in the child picking a place to go to dinner...which is usually wonderful......uh hmmm.....usually. Dallin had his piano recital on Monday and of course my little pooky did wonderful and although we weren't going to take him out for grades until Saturday and were going to go home to the wonderful stew I had prepared before the recital to eat when we got home...I got persuaded differently. Greg put a little suggestion into Dallin's ear and because I let him pick where we are going to eat I was left we little choice...a lot of regret...but little choice. One word will actually describe what I am talking about:


chuck-A-rama [chuck-AA-ram-a]

-noun,


1. favored by Gregory

2. place where HE is overhappy and overzealous and overeats

3. place where Rebecca wants to puke before, during and after

4. easy to burn hole in wallet for mere pleasure of eating scones

5. characterized by a high price, ok food, and an overcrowding of UNIQUE people


synonyms- guttwrenching, loud, crowded, occasional hair on cornbread, watered down icecream


antonyms- Chili's, Cafe Rio, Brick Oven, Red Robin, JCW's......(the list is too long)




Now that you understand my dilemma you will understand why I had one of those nights where you are partly asleep and partly awake because your guts hurts so bad and your throat is so tight because you are praying that you won't puke the contents of your outstretched belly: (contents were scone, cornbread..the one that was hairless, and a roll dipped in blue cheese dressing...oh and a few onion rings and a few bites of rice pudding......) That's all I could find that looked remotely tolerable to me and trust me,,..I now know that none of those sit great together in your belly.


I've got to rethink this good grades thing because it ended up being a punishment for me. Now all you "chuck" lovers hold your opinions and thoughts to yourself. I know that the CHUCK has some good qualities too......I mean "quality"....................the coke was to die for!!! :)

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree, the Chuck isn't that great. We actually like Golden Corral. They have stake there so it makes it worth my money! I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I refer to it more as "up-chuck-a-rama" Not my fave because I end up feeling like you did. Hope at least kids and hubby were happy and satisfied enough to not have to go again in the near future!

Beck said...

I am so with you on hating that place. I honestly am sick to my stomach right now just thinking of it. Tell your hubby that he is no longer allowed to attend the Peterson family parties! You are definetly a good sport for going there. You better be getting rewarded for that!!

Marla said...

When I was growing up my uncle called it "Up-Chuck-A-Rama". Seems to me that was a fitting title! :) I banned buffets several years ago because I have the same reaction as you - you overeat bad food and feel sick at yourself and at watching everyone else gorge themselves.

Miss Pete said...

Is there not a Peterson bone in your boys bodies. Aren't they riddled with OCDness too. All you need to do next time is let Dal think about the dirty hands that have touched the food sitting out or the sneezes that have sprayed through that air.

I hate buffets! (or as mom would say Boo-fets, as in Phoebe). I can barely handle the salad bar at Brick Oven. I have to not think about everyone else that has helped themselves before me. And I never take the top plate, always one or two down. I blame the OCD from mom.

Best of luck to you...

Michelle said...

I feel for you. We aren't much for any kind of buffets either. We end up just paying for grades. It is never anything big, but it seems to have a little motivational effect.

Cori Ann said...

Becky... I call it Up-Chuck-A-Rama. NOT GOOD AT ALL!!! Sorry you got sick. Nothing is worse than the pukes... NOTHING!!!

Renee said...

Hey, I worked there for 2 whole years and have never returned! I feel your PAIN... but the scones are good! :)