I know this isn't the most attractive photo of my under chin but it makes me smile because I took it one night and everytime I took the picture Greg was cut out of the picture and I was front and center....just like I should be huh?:)
Funniest thing...um..people always wonder how I have trouble follow me. Do I really have that bad of luck or is it made up?.....My friends, I wish it was made up sometimes, but I guess the positive side of it is that Greg and I always love to laugh at the drama that unfolds in our lives..it makes it exciting. I will admit though that life has been pretty NORMAL lately...(knock on wood)
So a lot of us may have the same experience every year when it is basketball season. For Greg, sports is sooooooooooooooo important. We've got BYU basketball, the JAZZ, March Madness(which I happen to be in first place and Greg is in 19th out of 20 people in my family....just thought I'd add that tidbit) and then best of all......CHURCH BALL. I always have to laugh at the seriousness these men take in playing ward ball. You would think that we have a couple of "professional" players in our midst because it is taken so seriously. .... And then there is the so called championships. I don't know about anyone else but my life is put on hold and rearranged for these games. I have to admit though that I like watching my love muffin playing basketball..especially since his muscles have been growing from lifting weights...arrrrrrgh! Anywho, last night was the first game outside of our stake. We made sure dinner was partaken of early enough to not allow side aches and made sure we left for the church that is about 10 minutes away about 50 minutes early. Don't you know that "professionals" need time to warm up and stretch. Have I mentioned how comical it is to watch these guys get ready to play...it is some pretty serious stuff.
Well, the game proceeded and in the beginning we were ahead..I mean really ahead....and then we weren't so ahead, and then oh crap we were tied. It was intense...and I may have or may not have voiced my opinion that I hoped we kind of lost so that my date night on Friday night was no longer lost....to which I received appalled looks for being so cruel to our own little ward basketball pros:)..... Needless to say the nail biter game ended in us barely winning.....wow..I am so happy i can't control my excitement. Which means you can find us at another church house tonight playing another team to the death. In all seriousness...it is actually fun.
Okay, but we chit chatted a minute and said our goodbyes and went to go to our car and LOW AND BEHOLD we couldn't find our car keys. Now anyone who knows us knows that GREG loses our keys constantly. You would think that he would just put them in a safe place each time now with how many times we have lost our keys. I have been at games before where I see little kids walking by with some keys and in the past I luckily have noticed that they are mine. I think he purposely loses the keys so that we can pray and have faith and find them in the oddest places possible. I turned to Greg with vengeance because I was not in the mood to search the church for my keys....I wanted to go home considering the fact that we will be back for more church ball in less than 24 hours from this time. We went back in to the "fan area" and searched high and low...and no keys. I will admit that the daggers coming from my eye area were intense. We stopped the next game and asked to see if anyone had seen our keys. NOPE of course not. I at this point decided that someone accidentally took them home with them...but I made sure Greg knew that if he would just put them in his basketball bag where they belong then we wouldn't have this problem. Greg got on the phone and started calling every person on our team to see if they took our keys. No one. Then he started calling people from the other team...all while I called my mother to vent about the fact that Greg lost the keys again. I also gathered my little children around and fed them sweet tarts that were in my camera bag.. good thing I brought my camera bag in since I didn't take one picture the whole game....as intense as ward basketball is I couldn't bring myself to be so cheesy as to take a picture. Alex kept saying, "I know that Satan came and took our keys"...and "I want to go home and go to bed, my heart is already asleep." To which I replied, "No Satan didn't take them...dad just lost them..AGAIN".
In the end our bishop and his wife brought us our spare key. (Thank you) I vented to the bishop and warned him that he should hold Greg back because I was going to abuse him...:) I told them to stay inside while I just made sure they weren't in the car. As I went out I reassured myself that they wouldn't be there because I had already looked through the windows and couldn't see them...but it was dark so I thought I would make sure. Sure enough I open the doors and start searching the car. NOTHING! Dangit. I was so bugged because everything is on those keys. As I went to get out of the car I grabbed my purse. I decided...WHY NOT...so I opened MY purse and WOWZERS...................................um,................................ crap......................dangit....I mean................. yeah........crap................THERE WERE THE KEYS. How did they get in my purse?!!?! Better yet...how was I going to tell Greg. Here I had been so upset with him that HE lost the keys and all along they sat in my purse. Now let me tell you that it has now been and HOUR AND A HALF since the game ended. It is 9;30 at night. I spent a minute by myself as I laughed a little too hard and a little too loud and then I mustered up the courage to face GREGORY....now mind you he is joined by the bishop and his wife..and my three innocent children. Funny enough...HE DIDN'T FIND IT AS ENJOYABLE AS I DID. Greg isn't one to get mad but his response was, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME...WHAT THE HECK...ARE YOU SERIOUSLY KIDDING ME." ...."Um, nope honey, I'm not but aren't you glad we have our keys back.?!?!?" Most of us had a really good laugh and we drove home happily ever after.
**okay but to my defense I had to think back to what had happened because I know I didn't put those keys in my purse because I knew I wasn't taking my purse in. I remember getting in my purse to get some gum for me and the boys when we pulled up. Greg threw me the keys and his phone and they must have landed in my purse but I told him I wasn't taking in my purse so he took them out...so I thought...but in the end he only took out his phone and set in on the floor. I saw him take it out and just assumed he took out the keys too. SOOOO, really we were mutually in the wrong. SORRY BABE!!!
I decided that we all needed some ice cream and so we decided on a place we have never been to. We decided on just getting twist cones. Which to me mean chocolate and vanilla. I payed and got back in the car and took a little licky and UGH...what was that odd taste? Seems as though in my new neck of the woods...twist mean vanilla and nasty because that other flavor wasn't chocolate. I guess it was banana but in a yucky sort of way. Greg described it as a banana popsicle which may be good to some but was nasty to Greg and I...Oh, well...might as well end our day that way...did I mention I took a big chip of paint out of our car earlier that day at Walhole? Needless to say...I was happy to climb into my bed safe and sound.
**** no husband or wife was hurt in the retelling of this story!
5 comments:
That sounds like something I would do! I'm glad you found your keys though, that would have been bad if they were really lost. You are too funny!
Wow! That's like your own little March Madness.
I hate keys! Remember when I locked Megan in the car and she was in her car seat. And when the firemen came to help they broke my window right away without even trying to break in to the easiest car to break in to Accord.
Good luck tonight!
I'm so glad no wife or husband was hurt in the retelling of this story because I was on the other end of the telephone and it didn't sound pretty. Seriously, though I do believe Greg has lost his keys more than anyone I know. Maybe he could hook them to a scrungie and keep them around his wrist. Just a thought...You guys keep me laughing.
Lol, I am laughing because I can picture it like i was almost there...Oh wait a seconed.,..I WAS!
I'm laughing so hard right now, because I always do stuff like that. I blame Jake for losing stuff and in the end, the item was in my purse the whole time. But women are always right! Don't ever forget it!
Post a Comment