Saturday, February 16, 2008

Du, du,du dum...DUMMMMM!

Okay, so I actually emailed the director of seismologists (or whatever they are) up at the U yesterday...and conveniently he is out of town for the next two weeks...pretty fishy, huh? Anyways I got a response from his assistant director and she said that we live in earthquake country and that we are past due...with that said she said that this weekend isn't a greater risk than any other day that we live here....but she was emailing me back from under her desk and her family was coming to pick her up to leave town....ha, ha..I crack myself up..Just kidding. She just gave another warning that because we do live in earthquake country that we should always always be prepared. So get going people...start stocking and be safe!!!! And just incase...I love all of you!!!

8 comments:

Renee said...

My husband was laughing at me this morning when I went down to the storage room and took inventory. From one narotic to another - thanks Becky!!!!

Dottie Stay said...

Thanks Bec. Just for the record, I love you too!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Your blog is so cute! I never knew you were sooo narotic. =) I am a bit too. I am so glad you found my blog. I didn't know your family did blogging! I'll be sure to check in time to time to see how everyone is doing!! Such cute kids too!! And BIG! Whoa! Time goes fast. Love ya - Myra

lramey said...

see, the funny thing is that i've been a'stalkin you forever!!!! I pee every time i read your blasted blog because you are freaking hilarious!!! I love it. Thanks for giving me hemorrhoids about the earthquake...i was really tempted to have my kids sleep in my room last night so if it happened that we die, we'd all go together!!! i love that you called the place though- atta paranoid girl!!!!

Bobbilynn said...

I wanted to tell you that i emailed that guy who's website we were looking at and he said that first of all.. i think he's a wierdo because he predicts earthquakes by his muscles.. wierd right? anyway, asked him if i should be worried about the earthquake he predicted and he said this, "So, for those days you mentioned...I would not be concerned for anything very large to happen. But as I said, I don't feel symptoms for EVERY quake for each day." Hope that helps you feel better.

Rachel said...

Hey- it's Sunday night and we're earthquake FREE we survived the weekend. I guess we can look forward to dinner after all!

malia said...

That's freaky. I am still going to tell my family that an earthquake is coming. They need to get prepared. Thanks for the reminder. I hope nothing happens, by the way.

Sonja said...

Okay so I am with you this morning. I felt my house shake and I thought of you. a 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit this morning in Wendover and we felt it here. They said they had calls from all over and knew you called them first. I am on my way to the store to stock up. See I should have listened.