Thursday, February 21, 2008

Uh Huh..that's right..there was an earthquake!!

**Becky will not be commenting on the recent turn of events....du, du, dum.."the earthquake". She and her family are wrapped in bubble wrap and are hiding under the table. She will not be available for comments or questions anytime soon...seeing as aftershocks and other earthquakes may occur at anytime. She would like to thank anyone who is concerned about her mental stability and her ulcers...oh and yes, she did retrieve all of the Easter candy from the candy cupboard to finish off while she waits to die under the table.

16 comments:

amanda said...

holy cow! i can't believe it! good luck out there in utah!

Rachel said...

I've seriously checked your blog twice in an hour this morning because I was awaiting comment. I was expecting an "I told you so!" BTW did you read the letter to the editor in the Daily Herald today from the BYU Geologist who is apparently behind all these earthquake rumors? Too coincidental! PS I'm glad you remembered to take the candy with you when you fled.

Brooke said...

Hey Becky, Shawn and I think that you are hysterical!!! Now if you know Shawn, it takes a lot for him to really laugh or even be the slightest bit amused by someone, but you have officailly made the list! He is very amused by your blog along with the rest of us! And I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, who says your not prepared? In my book cadbury mini eggs (or any easter candy)is really all you need to survive any crisis! We need to get together and go to dinner sometime!

Johnson said...

Brooke!! Yeah..you need to blog! Call us and we will go out. Tell us when. One of the perks of living next to Jeff is that we trade babysitting so we can party in style with no kids!! Give us a call!!

Young Family said...

You are too funny!! I always get a good laugh when I read your blog. You make my day. I do have to say that both Meg and I thought of you when we heard about the earthquake. I need to make a quick trip to the store to get me some easter candy--love those cadberry eggs!!

The Davies Family said...

at least you had the easter candy..did you have the yummy cadbury mini eggs..if not then you might as well have died in the quake. talk about being prepared...who needs water and food,I have my chocolate

Sharlynn said...

Okay I needed that good laugh. Can I just say that I love you. Good thing you have your candy and I am sure that bubble wrap will protect you so you won't be dying today! I love you and everytime I read your blog I want to just rush over to your house and hang out with you. I wish I could. Oh and I updated my blog finally!

Dottie Stay said...

Good one Becs. Glad to know you are safe and sound and finished off the easter candy. I love the picture of Greg below. The nose is the best part. He could have been a millionaire 5000 years ago!

Miss Pete said...

Too bad you spent time cleaning your house.

Jen Tornow said...

You goofball! I love ya! Do you have some of those Cadburry mini eggs? Those are my favorite!

Jen Tornow said...

Ad apparently the mini eggs are everyone else's favorite! (Now that i've read the rest of the comments!)

Johnson said...

It is definetly cadbury mini eggs that I am eating!!

malia said...

Oh no! I hope you are still not under the table! :) I told my family about your post. I'm hoping that my info along with the actual earthquake in NV will inspire them to get prepared. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry that it has created so much havok in your life right now....

Renee said...

Here is a question for you - do you guys have Earthquake insurance? Tyler and I were just talking about it today. It would cost as almost $1500/year to have it but I think we will be calling our agent next week and adding it! Crazy that you were pretty darn close to being right! I will be over to join you under the table!

Annie said...

I just caught up reading your last several posts, and I almost peed my pants laughing. So hysterical! You live in fear of earthquakes...you could always move to Texas and switch that fear to hurricanes, and roaches. I don't know which is worse, the roaches or the hurricanes. Stay safe!

Rebecs said...

Who was your friends dad who predicted the earthquake?? That is scary! I love your posts and I sure hope it was in fact mini eggs you were eating. I swear Easter is my WORST holiday, between mini eggs, Honey Baked Ham and cheesy potatoes I can't stop eating!!!

FYI**I heard you can get bubble wrap in bulk at xpedex.