Sunday, August 10, 2008

Birthday Message for Alex




My little buddy is 4 years old. I can't believe how fast you have grown up! You are such a miracle baby boy! We didn't think we would be able to get pregnant again...and then we finally did..and then you were really sick and we didn't know if we'd ever meet you...and then we did and let me tell you from the second you were born you were such a sweet sweet spirit. I remember finding out I was pregnant. Dad had gone to play basketball and so I knew he was leaving so I wanted to see while he was gone so he didn't have to see me cry again. I could hardly believe that the prenancy test said yes..so I took another one. I started screaming and jumping up and down. Dallin came running in and asked me what was the matter. I told him I had a baby in my tummy and he started jumping up and down and screaming, " I love you baby!!!" I had Dallin tell dad when he got home from basketball...dad doesn't cry much, but he put his head down and started to cry. We really truly couldn't believe you were on your way. Dallin started the anitbody disease but you got to take it over in full force. We got to see you weekly through ultrasounds and hear your heartbeat twice a week at nonstress tests. You came a little early so that you could start your blood transfusions. You were perfect. I would come up to the ICU to see you and you had those funky glasses on for the bili lights and I would whisper, "Hi baby Alex, mommy loves you!" You would hold your breath for just a brief second and then you would start breathing really hard. I LOVED it! You knew who I was and you have always been a little mommy's boy.




Although you were born with holes in your heart, you have the most loving heart of any kid I know. You are so sensitive and loving to everyone. You never want to hurt anyone's feelings and you just really take care of Colton. I love to watch you mimic everything that Dallin does and to watch Colton mimic everything that you do. It is so sweet to watch you quickly bow your head and say your prayers when you need help. Even at 4 years old you understand that if you pray to Heavenly Father and Jesus, that they will help you.




You have the greatest personality. Dad and I love to sit and talk to you and to listen to your contagious laugh. I love to listen to you sing. No one sings "I am a child of God" better than you. Your sweet little voice brings so much joy into my heart it just might burst. You love to dance and honestly have some of the best dance moves. There is never a dull moment with you around. I love to hold your hand and feel how little it is in mine. I am so proud of you for getting to be such a big boy, but it makes me sad that you are growing up so fast. Thank you for always loving mommy and for being such an amazing little boy. I'm so proud of you my little buddy!!! Today on the way home from church you said, "mommy I love you! This is the best birthday EVER!" I am so glad you had such a good day and I hope you know that every day with you is the best day EVER for mommy!! Happy Happy Birthday my little Alex!!




Love,




Mom

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, what a miracle baby!!

Sharlynn said...

You have such sweet boys and again you put it all into words so well. Happy Birthday Alex.

Peterson Family said...

Wow, that was awesome Becky. Alex will love reading that when he is older. -Drew

Rachel said...

I remember crying with you on the phone when you called to tell me you were pregnant with Alex. He is a miracle. I feel like I went through those two and a half years with you, I hurt so badly for you when things weren't going right. I remember how freaking LONG it took for him to be born! You had to wait forever for the c-section! And I remember visiting him in the NICU and thinking that he was a beautiful baby! I can't believe he is four!