I have reason to love my husband. He is nice, sweet, funny, freakin hot and completely 100% naive. Sometimes I'd like to be a little observer in his brain...just to see how it all works together. I think probably he is just sooooo smart that his brain decides to function at a lower "altitude" so to say. Just so the other brains don't feel bad. When it comes to the gospel he blows me away with his knowledge. He can quickly recall any scripture or quote or conference address you may need with a snap. BUUUUUT, if you need some help with english, math, talking, or anything in the like...you may not want to peek on his paper. Here are a few example from my week that just made my week and made me love my husband even more for his innocence.
#1. We went to the new Batman movie finally this week. First of all, wouldn't you say it was just a little to dark? I seriously wanted to cry like a baby and go home because I was so scared. Greg on the other hand was like, "Wow! Cool! Holy freakin Cow! That part was awesome.........but......I don't get it?" If you've gone to a movie with Greg right now you are nodding your head and understanding what I am saying. Either Greg doesn't get the movie and so he is saying, "I don't get it" the whole time, or he gets so emotionally involved with the movie that he starts saying things out loud to the character up on the screen..you know the ones who can't hear you because it is a movie? Gregs friends used to pay for us to go to movies just so they could sit by him. I remember with the movie "The Perfect Storm" he was seriously screaming at the "fisherman" to turn the boat around!! I finally had to tell him that other people payed to come to the movie and that if he couldn't get a hold of himself he'd need to leave. So, he stood up to leave...that is when I had to pull him back into his seat and tell him to sit, grow up and that the people in the movie couldn't hear him anyways and so there was no reason to be yelling at them to "turn the BOAT around!!!" Sounds harsh, but honestly...get a grip. While Mike Latham sat on the other side of him falling out of his seat laughing so hard he could hardly breath. So, Batman to Greg was very very good....but he "didn't get it." Now I know what my family is thinking while they are reading this...that Becky is one to talk because she didn't know that the Titanic was real. Ya, so, I think I missed that history lesson. My sisters make fun of me because when we went to go see Titanic I leaned over and said, "So...what is this movie about?" and they looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Um, the titanic!" and I said, "Um duh, I think I caught that from the title. But, what is it about?" and they looked at me like I was even more crazy and said, " You know the ship that sinks!" and I said, "Geez thanks a lot for ruining it for me." That is when they all about fell out of their chairs laughing. NOT MY FAULT!! I'd never heard of the Titanic and it really affected me after I saw it because I had the hardest time with the fact that it was a true story.
#2- Last night Greg had me come proof read an email he was sending to make sure there were no errors. It was quite a long email for Greg and I noticed that he misspelled the same word 3 times, "a couple" and he spelled it "acouple",...and so I called Greg in just to curiously ask him if he thought the word was one word or two words. He said the word really slowly...."AHHHHCUUUUPLE"... and then said "One word". Oh my gosh!! So all this time when Greg has asked for "acouple of M & M's" or "acouple of minutes to rest" or "acouple of sandwiches" he was speakin his own language. Only Greg!!
#3- This month Greg is the bishopric member over sacrament meeting. So he gets to be the one who welcomes, does announcement..you know the run down. Anyways, he was having people sustain this couple to a new calling and announced their names like this, "We are calling Bro. and Sis. Laura Reynolds to..." Anyways, they were making fun of him afterwards because he used her name and not his..and if that wasn't bad enough, he "doesn't get it" and says, "Oh, I'm sorry, is her name Lora?" So they try to explain it to him and I can see the wheels are just not turning right in his brain. And so when he gets home I said something about it and he just laughs and says, "Oh, I just thought her name was Lora, not Laura." Still not getting it. I explained it again to him that it would be like someone calling us Bro and Sis Becky Johnson....I don't think he got it,..but it might click one of these days when he's just sitting there.
How can you not help but love Greg. At least he is happy and fun to be around even if it doesn't even make sense to him sometimes why we are laughing!!?!
Okay, so after pointing out my husbands quirks.....I came home from church on Sunday..after a full day of meetings and realized that I had left green mask crap on my zit. I seriously think I have been bit by the acne fairy lately and so I used some of my mask to put on the zit the night before and thought I scrubbed and scrubbed it..and come to find out...it was still there the whole time!! It's like wearing a neon sign that say,.."Hey everybody, I have a zit so big I thought I'd show it off with decorating it up a bit for church!!" Niiiiice!! Greg and I are two of a kind!!!
7 comments:
I love Greg too. He is the best and the two of you together are unbeatable! We like to go out with you guys, because we love you of course, but also for the free entertainment you provide :) Thanks for the funny stories. Loved all of them (even the one about you!)
Oh, it's good to have you guys in the family. What would we do without you!
You are too cute and funny!
Okay, I love you and Greg! I love that you can tease each other so openly. When Brad and I tease I think people think we are fighting, but we are just giving each other crap. If you can't laugh with each other, then there are problems. Thanks for yet another entertaining post.
Becky, the funniest part of the post is when you finally realize at the end that you and Greg are two of a kind. I laughed just as hard at the "zit with the neon green sign" as I did about Greg's funny stories. You guys crack me up.
-Your favorite brother in law, Scott
Too good. I love Greg's stories. I love them even better when he tells them. I can hear the same story over and over from him and it's just as entertaining as the first time I heard it. And watching movies are pretty entertaining with Greg. Love that you showcased your zit off to the ward.
we miss going to movies and playing games with you guys. It was always so comical! Your boys are getting so big. Take care.
Post a Comment