Dallin, my sweet little boy.....you are now 8. I can't even believe how fast the time has gone. I remember finding out I was pregnant with you...I remember being told I had lost you (good thing doctors can be wrong).....I remember feeling you move for the first time...And I will always remember the first time I held you in my arms! You are such a precious angel to me. When I think of a perfect child..I think of you. You are not only my first child, my first experience with motherhood, but you truly are one of my greatest friends. Looking back now, I am so glad that I got to spend four years with just you. You were always my little buddy. You cracked everyone up. One of your first phrases was, "hey baby!" And you would raise your eyebrows up and down. Everyday that you have been in my life, you have made each of my days brighter with your smiles, your laughter and your pure and complete love for me, for your dad, and especially for your brothers. You are so kind to your brothers. You love them, kiss them, and make both of them feel like they are your best friend. I will never forget the unbreakable faith you had when you were just three years old. We were driving in the car to go see our new home in Pleasant Grove. I heard you talking in the back of the car and so I turned down the radio and asked what you needed. You quickly said, "Mom, I'm not talking to you." I kind of laughed to myself and probably said, "oh, excuse me." But, I was curious and so I listened and realized you were pleading with your father in heaven. We had been told that our chances of getting pregnant again were probably slim to none. It broke my heart that you would not have any brothers or sisters. But, on this day, I listened to your prayer. I will never forget the words to your prayer. "Heavenly Father, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeease can I have a baby brother? Pleeeease. I need a brother so bad." I began to cry and pleaded in my own heart that if not for me...than for you and because of your faith. Not a month later,...we were pregnant with Alex. (after 2 1/2 years of trying.) I will never forget the lesson you taught me of faith...even though you were only three. Your faith continues to amaze me. You have a testimony of Jesus Christ and I personally believe you have a strong relationship with him. You amaze me and I am proud to be your mother. Thank you for always being so kind to everyone around you. It makes me proud when teachers and parents comment on what an amazing child you are. I know it and I am glad that others get to know it too. You are my sunshine and I am so lucky to have you as my son. I'm excited for your baptism and excited for you to makes those promises that you were sent here to make. I hope you had a Happy happy Birthday!! You are my sweet sweet boy!!!
Love,
Mom
8 comments:
Oh, that was one of the best posts I have ever read. Happy 8th Birthday Dallin! Congrats on your up coming baptism!
pretty sure that was one of the sweetest things ever! What a blessed little boy to have such a wonderful mom, and what a lucky mom to have such a sweet boy!
There is no one sweeter than Dallin. We love him so much! Happy Birthday big guy! (And Happy Birthday to Alex today - we love you too!)
How sweet!!! What a great mom. :) when's his baptism?
Becky, your writing is amazing. The way I feel so conected when I read what you write. You have an amazing family and you are a great example. What a neat experience this baptism will be for both your family and Dallin congratulations!
Becky your writting IS amazing! You are just such a great mom. I wish that I could give tributes like that to my kids. I need to write some of my memories down about them. Maybe you could do it for me! Happy Birthday Dallin!
I can't believe how big Dal is getting. I love you buddy. -Drew
You know how much I love this boy! I honestly want him to marry Kamryn. I mean it- they need to get married. He is the sweetest guy and you guys are doing such a great job raising him to be a good man. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment