My wonderful hubby surprised me last night and we went to the Boys II Men concert at the Scera...or as Greg calls it, The "Sarah". Talk about a flash back in time. I think every dance I ever went to in High School played ATLEAST one Boys II Men song. I forgot how romantic some of their songs are and will be adding it to my..."let's get romantic" CD. I dropped Greg off to go get seats and I went and took the kids to my mom's and went and got us some Cafe Rio. Greg of course made some new best friends. These ladies would not stop talking about how polite and nice he was. I guess they had a little space in between them and so Greg asked if he could squish in there and they were so taken by his politeness they actually both got up and moved over for him. AHhhh, I love my prince charming. Anyways, we had a good time talking to these wonderful ladies. The one lady was from Michigan and she asked me what Greg does for work and so I explained to her about the seminary program and she goes,..."oh, oh, you one of those "mormons"?" But she said it in a whisper like she was saying a potty word. She cracked me up. I talked to her for a little while about it and she never could come out and say the word "mormon" in a normal voice. Hopefully what ever her opinion was before has been altered for the good.
Anyways, I just happened to have one of those moments that you wonder why you even ever talk. Unfortunetly it happens to me quite often. This guy was sitting in front of us and Greg says to him...out of the blue.."Dude, what size are your feet?" Nice Greg, why don't you offend the guy with the massive feet. The guy tell him he wears a size 18......Holy freakin crap....is that some kind of a disease? Greg then says, "do you know who you look like?" The guy says, "Who" and Greg says, "Mark Madsen." At this time, the man kind of pauses so I am feeling uncomfortable and so I lean up to the guy and wave my hand and say, "Whoever the heck that is?!?!" Just as I say that, he says, "Yeah, I get that a lot." Greg then asks him if he played ball. He says yep. Greg asks him who he played for and he says, "Stanford and the Lakers." Greg says, "What is your name,..." He says, "Mark Madsen"!!!! Um, excuse me while I go crawl under a taco stand...I was so embarassed and the worst part is that everyone around us was listening to the conversation so everyone at the "sarah" got to hear my stupid comment. How was I supposed to know. He just looked like a white guy with big feet. I just support my husbands passion...I don't memorize what every guy looks like..geez..get off my back. So the rest of the night I would just randomly start chuckling to myself and Greg would say, "what are you laughing about?" and I would say...just my fantastic comment I made to "Mark"..whoever the heck that is. That lady next to me at least thought it was funny. She said, "How we supposed to know he famous. Just ten minutes ago he was a white guy sitting on a blanket. Girl, how we supposed to know?" Love her!!
So,the rest of the concert was great. I do feel a little ancient though singing at the top of my lungs. I forgot my camera and so I tried to get some footage with my phone and all you can hear is me singing....not Boys II Men, and so I won't go ahead and put that lovely video on here. Greg and I noticed though all these teeny boppers romatically swaying with each other to the song, "I'll make love to you." I said to Greg.."Um, I'm actually feeling a little akward." Did they used to play this at the dances and everyone would dance with each other and sway to the words..'I'll make love to you, like you want me to! And I'll hold you tight, baby all through the night?" Um, porno song!! I felt akward and we are married and legal...please don't imagine it...PLEASE!!. Okay, if you must... just imagine me at 110 pounds! Thanks!!!
I wish I could have gotten Greg dancing because it was classic. He was fascinated with their dance moves. He couldn't quite mimic them. Um, sorry honey....raising your hands above your head in fists and rocking to the beat isn't exactly 'cool' dance moves. Maybe I'll get him a dance instruction movie for Christmas so he can learn some different dance moves to try out at the New Kids on the Block concert!!
Thanks Baba for a wonderful night.....any night with you is twuly fantastical!! (oh, and on the way home from work can you swing by the store and get some cheese?)
7 comments:
Just for the record, I didn't know who Mark Madsen is either. I would have done the same thing! Again, you made my night and boy did I need a laugh after listening to Ro cry for no reason all afternoon with no end in site. You totally just lifted my spirits! I was seriously thinking about drinking myself into a stupper;)!
Wow, that is too funny! You both crack me up. Thanks for the laugh and YES I think we did dance to that song in High School...maybe we were just too innocent to understand what it meant, or maybe not! Oh well!
How funny is it that when we were 13 "making love" was just really liking each other, Right?? Oh dear, if my girls sang that song and danced to it with the boy they liked I would have a cow! I guess it's better than "I want to sex you up" Whew!
Speaking of strangely big feet. I have to share really quick:
For the past ten years, I have witnessed hundreds of strangers asking Mike how big his feet are (size 16) and how tall he is (6'7") Naturally the next question ALWAYS is if he "played ball?" Which is what everyone assumes...Well, the funny part is that Mike's answer is "No, I'm just a really big Computer Programmer" (because he thinks it's funnier than defending his decisions) I cannot describe the faces he gets. I'm not embarrassed of him, but it kills me! I have tried to tell him to just lie and say "yes" because his answer is really uncomfortable ...for everyone! So, while you met a star...my husband really is "just the white guy with big feet!"
I think I'm going to pee my pants. Sometimes you are so mom. That's something she would do and then laugh about it the rest of the night. I wish I could have been there. I would've laughed with you.
That is some good times right there! Thanks for sharing. Never a dull moment here at the Johnson blog! Love it!
You are the FUNNIEST girl I have ever met. I love you and I love reading your blog. Your amazing!! You are pure entertainment!!
You are so funny. I love to read your stories. I bet that was so much fun singing to all those old songs. Greg is such a romantical kind of guy, you are pretty lucky. Thanks for always making me laugh with your funny stories.
Post a Comment