Friday, February 15, 2008
Earthquake
I may have to be commited. I may have to be medicated. I have finally reached my point. How, you might ask?? I am a bundle of nerves and I can't sleep. Why you might ask?? I am constantly looking around me, wondering, watching for signs. I would like to take my family and hide in a nice cushioned corner. So, now I will answer your question. I was told by a friend who was told by a friend, who was told by a friend that her uncle said there is going to be an earthquake in Utah this weekend. He supposevly has predicted earthquakes before. I know, probably a little far fetched....but, I know that we have been warned and I think it has finally hit me square on the head that I am not prepared...but that I need to be. I can't believe how this has affected me. I am usually a pretty paranoid person..lol...okay, stop laughing those who know me. I am not usally a pretty paranoid person, I am always a paranoid freak!!! There I said it! If someone told me the sky was suddenly going to turn pink, I'd probably believe it and be watching the sky until it did turn pink. Greg and I are complete opposites. Where I live in fear that my life or my families life will end at any moment, he somehow believes we live in this huge protective bubble. We could probably drive with our eyes closed and still live. Amazing. So, usually we balance each other out.....but Greg admitted this morning that he is a little freaked out! So, now I am doubly freaked out! So, here is the warning to all my friends and family just in case! I hope it doesn't happen, but I would feel bad if it did and I didn't warn ya!! In the very least, it has made me sit up and listen. I vow to be prepared if I am spared this weekend!!! Happy Earthquaking!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Thanks for the scare! I called Troy after I talked to you and he forbid me to talk about it! I'm emailing you the food storage stuff as I speak!
Okay, you know have my attention! My husband will freak if I mention this to him...so I will just head to Wal-Mart to stock up on the essentials before he gets home. I think we could survive on dried apples from the cannery for at least a few days! Thanks for the heads up - lets pray this guy is wrong!
Well for starters good luck just in case! I keep telling Jeff we need to be more prepared. It is a tricky thing to get prepared but, once it's done it's done I guess(well until you rotate and such) Hope all goes well in UT!
Were you NOT listening to me when I told the family about our midwest ice storm/power outage? And how I told the whole family that anything can happen to us at any time, that's why it's so important to be prepared! Man nobody listens to me! :)Anyway, how big is this 'earthquake' suppose to be? I'll cross my fingers for you all in Utah. Let me know how it goes will ya? :)
You are pretty AND you are definately a paranoid person. I'm telling you...come visit us in California. It's supposed to be a nice weekend...sunny and in the high 60's. If you choose not to, than just pull a mattress under a doorway and camp it out. BTW, if something does happen, you do know I love you, right?
It's weird--I did feel impressed to stock up on water a couple of weeks ago and last night I bought a huge can of formula for food storage (even though Sidney doesn't drink formula anymore). Now I'm all freaked out. I guess I'll wait to hang the huge picture that I bought to go over our bed :)
ok, seriously, if this happens I am going to crap in my pants! We live in Saratoga Springs and on Wednesday, we were hit crazy hard by that storm. With the power out for 10 hours and no gas in my car I started to think about how prepared (or not prepared) I really was for a disaster! I had my niece and nephew at my house, and my husband couldn't get home from work. Me- alone with 6 little kids! My advise after Wednesday:
1. always keep gas in your car, fill 'er up whenever possible.
2. have a way to cook your food (I didn't realize that 99% of my food storage needs to be cooked, or at least heated. I have a BBQ, but there were 70mph winds outside!)
3. kids NEED entertainment! playing with their flashlights only lasted about an hour. Mike brought home glow sticks, I also had those glow necklaces left over from July.
4. Heat! Those heat packs work wonders at the end of the kids bed.
Needless to say, we lit a ton of candles and the kids really enjoyed it, in fact, last night they asked if we could tun off all the lights and pretend the power was out. My response..."Ha, Ha, how cute...NO!"
WHAT?! How reliable is this source? I have to work this weekend. Fantastic. I will be in PG and my family will be in Orem. How in the world am I supposed to get home. I will be trapped in a Dr's office with nothing to eat but formula!
OK you must be talking to the same sorce that Stacey has. You two are totally freaking out, I too am married to a guy who says that he is not worried about it! AHHH I am so not prepared. Well if it happens either you or I will feel it worse, lets compare notes next week!
Our stake announced that all we will focus on this year is personal prepardness! We even had "the earthquake lady" (who ever that is) speak last week-end. Yikes!! Now I'm worried!
Auntie M
Wow Becky! Who knew that hearing something through the grapevine might actually be true! You are too cute. I loved the post about Greg. You have such a way of making people laugh. Good for you.
Post a Comment