
So I complained maybe just a little too much and so I think I am being punished. I have spent the day with a poor sick little baby boy who has thrown up no less than 20 times. I have used every _____(verb) towel in my ______(verb) house! Poor kid. Nothing like the stomach flu when you have no washer and dryer. Which yes..we have purchased..but no they don't arrive until Friday! I can hardly wait. Heavenly Father said, "Hey Becky..you want to complain about laundry again....here, try not having a washer and I'll throw in a little puke to really make you appreciate it!" Okay, so I will never ever never truly ever complain about the ____(verb) laundry again!! In fact I will worship my new washing machine.
As for the water problem. We called our insurance company and they sent out a really really nice man..who barely spoke english, but really he was just a really cute man..BUT, he didn't even know what a dang sump pump is. This is truly what he said to me. "I tell you what we do. We wait for sun to come out hot and then we have no more water..k?" Well, dang why didn't I think of that before I payed ya $55?!?!?!? Its amazing I never became a plumber!! So, now we have a water problem AND we need to find a way to get back our undeserved $55. Greg wanted to know why I payed him...but can ya say.."AKWARD".
So, last night I spent the night actually karate chopping the poor plants in the front of my house. Let's just say, the plants are trimmed and the yard is down about five plants and one tree!! One word: THERAPY!!
Also, another akward moment in Becky history....so have ya ever gone to pay for something and the zipper on your purse gets stuck and jammed with the wrapper from that dang pad you carry around in your purse.."just in case"?!!? Really..its not the first time. That stupid plastic gets stuck in there and you are trying so hard to smile at the nice gentleman behind the counter waiting for the money to pay for that desired coke you just know will take away all your stress..and then it gets worse....you are pulling so hard on that zipper that the pad finally gives up and lands right on the counter. No??? never happened to ya???? Hmmmm..welcome to my life!!!
CHOW!!
11 comments:
LOL, oh man I can always count on your blog for a good laugh.
becky- you crack me up, I think you need to write a book- you so no how to describe every situation and moment- I love it!
Oh Becky...what do I say. When it rains it pours, or should I say it floods your basement. I am going to send all good feelings your way. It is time for some sunny weather at your house!
I loved the zipper and pad part of this post. I am sure glad that you are in this world. I have soooo been there and it is always a male cashier that the pad has to fly out in front of. Only in my case it is usually a teenage boy and he is more embarrassed than I am. I love it.
Sorry!
You know that guy's probably written on his blog about the girl who tried to pay for her desperately needed Coke with a pad.
You should have asked the insurance guy if he wanted peanuts with his $55! (family joke)
I love you Becky. I really really do. You make me laugh, and really, I'm sure your castle in heaven will be GORGEOUS and flood-free for how happy you make everyone all the time (and all the crap you have to put up with in this life!)
Also, I love that Hinckley quote. I was reading it and thinking..."I should print this out and put it on my fridge," until I read what luck it brought you. Maybe I'll just try to remember it in my head...kind of like not praying for patience out loud. I only pray for it silently, or I'll be given more trials to teach me patience. Same concept. Trust me, I need all the help I can get!
I'm sorry things are frustrating right now. You are right- when it rains it pours! Hang in there. BTW, I love the pad story. That was freaking hilarious. You call me and vent anytime! Love ya!
Okay- I had to go back to the previous blog and read Min's "mishap" That made me laugh harder than anything today. Thanks. I needed that one! You gals are awesome!
lol...that was damn funny! I wish I could have seen it in person! :)
I am sorry to hear about your water problem but at least it is not sewer water that is leaking into your basement, right? You make me laugh. I look forward to reading your blog every day in hopes that you have another story to tell! Yipee for that new washer and dryer! Hang in there.
I hate insurance companies! You pay them all this money, just so you can pay someone who doesn't know what they are doing!!!! I know exactly what you are going through. And as far as the previous owners of your house...if you have proof that they did not disclose flooding issues with the house, seriously call them and tell them you are getting an attorney. Maybe they'll at least reimburse your $55 (and if they don't, I WOULD get my attorney involved)!
Becky, You are so funny. I know just how you feel with the stomach flu, it was a nightmare with a washer and dryer, I really don't know what it would be like without one. You are a saint. Good luck. Reagan
Post a Comment