Monday, May 26, 2008

And the rains came tumbling down!!


I read a great quote this morning by our dear prophet President Hinckley. It read, "I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good...Look for the sunlight through the clouds." What a great quote!!! So, all day I have been trying to "accentuate the positive" as we have been out and about looking for a new washer and dryer since ours decided to "drop the load"..so to speak and flood our upstairs. I thought...think positive Bec...it is Memorial Day weekend and at least there may be some better deals today than if it broke say..on April Fools Day...when there are no deals. Think positive Bec...so maybe you have been saving for those granite countertops that you want so bad...at least you haven't spent that money on the countertops yet so you can use it on a new washer and dryer. Think positive and look for the sunlight. Pretty significant since it is such a rainy..stormy day!! So, I think Greg and I have done pretty good with this all day. We realized that this stuff happens and that there are positive things to look at. That is why I know I have to get a hold of myself...breathe a little deeper and put on a fake smile on when it comes to our next little storm cloud. I went down to collect some toys for Dallin's school "garage sale" tomorrow. I have their toys in the unfinished storage room..that we have been waiting to finish. What do I find as I go in there........... FLOODING!!!! Through the walls..through the ground...water..water..freakin water!! I don't believe Greg and I just walk around with a storm cloud over us..(although it may seem that way at times.) I don't believe that this is the first time this house has seen some flooding. That is the most frustrating part. I know that we were in a hurry to buy this house..and I admit maybe not pushy enough. I know without a doubt in my mind that this house has had problems with flooding before..and I don't think we were correctly informed. Disappointing...oh and expensive. This is not going to be a quick fix. This is going to take time and money. So forgive me as I vent..... but I am truly trying to find the sunlight..look for the good..but I am bummed and frustrated.
So the positive: We didn't finish that room yet. It could have been worse..although I do understand now why this room was never finished. It is pretty obvious. This is where it flooded the last two times. I also understand that all of this crappy worldy possessions stuff is not the important stuff. I know this time will pass. Although it is financially uncomfortable now....we will make it through. My kids, my hubby, the gospel, my parents and siblings,...that is the stuff that matters to me. What a kick in the freakin shorts...but at the end of the day...I am just grateful to be a wife and a mother to the four most wonderful boys in the world!!!!

9 comments:

Becky said...

what a bummer! way to be grateful though. even though sometimes we know we should be but you just don't feel like it. so vent away!! :)

Sharlynn said...

I think everyone is allowed to vent. I am so sorry. Way to be positive though. I think that you are such a great person because you seem to really stay positive in such situations. I feel anxious and stressed just reading what you are going through. Hang in there and you are right this too shall pass. Too bad it isn't the way you had planned.

Miss Pete said...

Here's a positive thought:

Indoor swimming pool! Just what you always wanted. You are so lucky! And pool toys too. You spoil your boys too much.

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the flood. When it rains, it sometimes pours. That is how it works for us too. If something goes wrong, everything goes wrong. Best of luck. Keep that positive attitude!

Dottie Stay said...

You have flippin' got to be kidding me!! Flooding again!! I am so sorry. I would be swearing, so the fat that you are calm and looking for the positive is way beyond where I would be!

Johnson said...

Mind..did you say "fat" on purpose????

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Oh man, that really stinks. Good for you for staying positive.

Paige and Jason said...

Oh man that sucks. I like what scott and debbie said, think of it as an indoor pool. What with the cost of Sp. Fork pool constantly going up and the fear of crypto I'd say you have one up on the rest of us :)

Dottie Stay said...

Fact, I meant Fact!! Becky, I am a damn fool!! You are beautiful lovely gorgeous, and I would love to be you even for just a day!