Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What a Champ!



We are home! Yeah! Colton is my hero. He is doing so well...as long as we keep him full of medicine. He has had no problem as far as drinking a lot. He still doesn't want to eat food...although he tried to steal a chip today. He came out of it really well and all the nurses just loved him. He was so happy...most of the time..and was willing to let them do his blood pressure and tempature throughout yesterday and today. He even did a little break dancing when we got to Grandma's today!
As far as the surgery goes..the doctor brought out his tonsils to us to show us how big they were. She said they couldn't have gotten any bigger in his throat. They were touching each other and that he also had a ??? "bifold adnoid" which to my understanding means that it is actually two adnoids folded together and so she just removed the one in the front because she said that if you remove both when they have this, before they are fully speaking then it can cause some speech problems and heaven knows we don't need that. Colton has been our only one without speech delay so lets keep it going. So, because he was having central apneas then we will go back to the sleep clinic in about a month and until then he will sleep with a monitor to help mom and dad breath (no pun intended) a little better at night. I am so glad that he will have that. It is a lot of pressure to worry that your child is going to stop breathing and you slept right through it. Cross your fingers that the central apneas were only occuring because of the obstructive apnea and that we can move forward.


Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. I truly felt he was being watched over. I know that people go through so much in their lives that this hardly seems that big but he truly has been through so much in his little life that this only added to the stress. You can't help but have those mommy instincts and feel so scared for your children! Even my sweet husband cried...like a boob..when they took Colton back for surgery. I mean he only cries during the movies "Savannah Smiles" and "Charlie" but I really rarely see him cry for anything else!! Seriously. Tell him something tragic...NO TEARS....tell him someone's hurt...NO TEARS...show him "savannah smiles"....TEARS!!! I love the way he works!! It's not that bad but he isn't one to get emotional usually so that was even harder to watch!


Well, I love you sweet Colton!! I am sorry you had to go through this but I am glad we are on this side of it and we can focus on getting you better!!!



19 comments:

Sherian said...

I am so glad everything went so well! your little man is seriously such a trooper. You are such good parents, he is lucky to have so much love. I totally forgot about Savannah Smiles- that show made me want a dog so bad I thought I would die. I love how funny you always are, even through the not-so-funny days. Well wishes!

Nick and Deanne said...

He's so dang cute. I'm glad he's doing well. give him a big hug and kiss for me.

Renee said...

I am so glad everything went well! I thought about you all day yesterday and am so glad that you posted an update. We will keep you all in our prayers in the coming weeks as we all hope for the best! Good luck!

lramey said...

oh my goodness, he's so cute! I'm so happy that he's doing well, and that things are on the up and up!!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad to see this update. I was going to call you today, but I didn't know if you were home. I hope that everything is fixed now. He is such a sweet boy and you are such a wonderful family. I love you all! Give Colton a big squeeze from me.

Lindy said...

hooray! what a brave little guy! I'm so glad he has the monitor now--you've been going on NO sleep for too long. sounds like Greg might be the only one snoring from now on :)

Miss Pete said...

Ohhh, I am laughing so hard. I love Greg! I'm in the mood to watch Savannah Smiles now. I could eat some of Bootsie's mashed potatoes right now. I've gotta find it and show it to Megan. We'll see if she's really my daughter...only if there's tears at the end.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! You made it through yet another trial. You are amazing!

Get well soon, Colton!

Robinson Family said...

Oh Becky, I am so glad that everything went ok. I would have been a wreck. Colton is such a brave little boy. I hope all goes well the while he recovers.

I moved my blog to private, so I need to get your email....I guess I could probably get it from Mar:)

Take care!!

Sonja said...

Thank you for the update. I am so glad that he is doing good. I will have to say that, I too am wanting now to watch Savanah Smiles. It's been a long time sence I have seen that. MMMmmmm thanks for the reminder.

Becky said...

Yay, I'm glad everything went so well! :)

Sharlynn said...

I am so glad that part is over with. I am so sorry that you and your family have had to go through so much. He is so precious. I hope that things just get better and better from here on out!

Amy Morris said...

I am so glad the surgery went well! What a trooper!

Cassie and Chad said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! Yeah you and he made it through without any problems. I am so happy and releaved to hear everything went so well. I have to tell you as I was reading your update I was fine untill the part where you said that Greg cried, so I shed a tear in his behalf. Welcome home Colton!!!

cocopeterson8 said...

Colton looked so good at the hospital. Of course, he was on some pretty good pain medicine. That comment about Savannah sSmiles cracked me up. That is so Greg. I'll have to find me copy and show all the grandkids when they come this summer. We love you
See you soon

Dottie Stay said...

I have been checking on you to see when you would post, and then I am late responding. I am so glad that things went so well. He is so happy in the pictures. What a truly sweet boy! I love the boys with their buzzes!! They are fetchin' adorable! Good luck with the sleeping at night. I am sure that everything will be fine. Love you!

Natalie said...

I am also glad everything went well. Such sweet pictures.

Beck said...

I am so glad he is doing good. He is such a cutie. All your boys are.We love you guys and your in our prayers still.

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

I haven't checked your blogs in so long! I can't believe all that you guys go through. Get well soon Colton! I love your blog! I'm glad he's doing good!