Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update Central

So, of course Colton was up all last night coughing and complaining that his ear was hurting. I had a feeling the surgery wasn't happening today. We still went ahead and took him to the hospital and sure enough...we are waiting until next Tuesday. They said that he is already high risk..that it would be crazy to then add more risks on top of the surgery. He of course has a nasty ear infection which is actually convinient since he has NEVER had an ear infection. Oh, well, so I guess we just panic through another week. I have mixed feeling. I think I had come to terms with the fact it had to happen so might as well get it over with..and his breathing at night is so scary..or lack thereof..that I just wanted to get him better. But, then there is the side of me relieved that I don't have to panic today. Today, I can actually breathe and relax. So, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers...we just need to have them forwarded on to next Tuesday!

8 comments:

Miss Pete said...

Nothing like getting yourself out of surgery with an ear infections. Poor baby.

Rachel said...

Two comments in one: first- In your little video, Colton sounds exactly like Troy! I'm so sorry you have to stress so much! We're praying for you! Troy is doing a sleep study on Thursday. From the sound of Colton, I'm guessing we'll be hearing similar results! Love you guys!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

I'm sorry that you have another week to wait. You'll be in our prayers. I hope the little guy gets better quick.

Renee said...

Oh Becky! I thought about you all day! I am sorry that the much anticipated surgery didn't go through but I am sure you will survive the week and next week will be better...right? Good luck keeping cool as you wait for next Tuesday to arrive! I will be thinking about you!

Sharlynn said...

Hang in there Becky. I thought about you yesterday and wondered how things were going. Then I got on today and found out that you didn't get to do the surgery. I can understand your feelings of being able to relax a bit. Surgery is scary and knowing what you little guy is going through makes it scarier. Our prayers will continue on for you. Good luck and try and keep yourself busy.

Devon said...

Okay, so I am way behind on blog reading....your poor little guy! Sleep apnea is so scary. My older brother has TERRIBLE apnea, and my mom says that she used to stay up at night and just listen to him choke and wheeze and then pause....until he started breathing again. I can't even imagine being the mom and listening to that. But my brother is now 32 and still stops breathing once a minute all night long. Aparently he has a really severe case, so he had all of his adnoids and extra stuff taken out too, but it was just to help him breath a little better, it couldn't help him much. He has to sleep with a CPAP machine (I know it stands for something, but I don't know what), but it helps him breath so much better at night. You've probably been told about it, but if not, it's a mask-thing he wears to bed that blows positive pressure or something that starts him breathing again.

The thing I remember most from when my brother was younger, was how much he HATED to go to the sleep clinic, so I feel so bad for Colton. He is just so little! I'm totally thinking of you, and I hope he gets well soon and that his surgery goes well. He has a TONS of people remembering him in their prayers, so I'm sure it'll go great!

Dottie Stay said...

Oh, I was thinking about the little guy. I am glad that he didn't have to go through with the surgery, but it will be the best thing for him it sounds like. You are such a great mother and care for your boys so much. I am sure that everything will be fine. Of course you will still be in my thoughts and prayers. Colton is so sweet. What wonderful boys you have Bec! You will need to teach me everything you know, so I can be half as good a mom as you.

Um, totally remember Godfather's i almost put that in there, but I thought for sure you guys wouldn't remember. I also wish I could find the goodies picture. I thought the same thing too. We have thought we were the hottest things ever because we did so many pics together. Um, what was I thinking gettin my picture taken next to you. I was the homely tag along!!

Miss Pete said...

So let's see a picture of the office you painted last week while trying to keep this off your mind.