It is always nice to have a good laugh. I have sat down and written a couple of posts this week of funny things that have happened...but I haven't posted them. This week has been a week of reflection for me. It is amazing that in one week you can feel the influence from so many different angles. From the birth of a baby, to the death of a child, to the baptism of my first child, to the tragedy's of sin, to the trials of faith that a young couple must face, to the true miracle of forgiveness. Each of them causing such emotion to invelope me and take a hold of me. Each of these experiences have not directly involved me exactly...other than the baptism of Dallin on Saturday, but have caused my heart to grow in love and understanding. For that, I am forever changed through just this one little week in my life.
I attended a funeral today for a poor family who lost their daughter and sister. She was serving a mission and returned home early with health complications. She was diagnosed with ALS and very quickly passed away. This family has suffered so much prior to this because of poor decisions a loved one made. It is so hard to see them have to now endure the loss of a child and sister...but, I went today and felt as though, I was comforted and I was lifted by their strength and through their testimony of Jesus Christ and the plan of salvation. The spirit was so powerful that it could be felt in every ounce of my body. I witnessed the power of love and forgiveness. My own testimony was built upon and I am grateful for the life of this young lady who clearly was ready to leave this imperfect world. Her life has touched mine for good.
I know God completely understands and knows me. He knows that I am terrified of death. I'm not really scared of how I'm going to die, or what is to come after I die...but about leaving my loved ones behind. Without a doubt this fear has plagued me throughout my life. From the time I was young and wished on a star everynight that my family and I would be safe to the present time, where I pray and hope everyday that tragedy won't strike. I understand that I am not void from this ever happening to me...that is what scares me. But, through the faith and example of others, each day my fear is being slightly lifted and I know that one day I will lean on these experiences to get me through the experiences of death.
I read the saddest story this week about a young couple, crazy in love, who had tragedy strike them. I am not sure if they are quite aware of their situation at the present time, but I hope and pray that they can feel the love and faith of a complete stranger. My heart aches for this young mother who can't kiss her babies, who can't kiss her husband, and whose life will be forever changed as she once knew it. I am inspired by her life and by the love she had for her little family. As she lays lying in a hospital bed, I wonder if she knows the influence she has had upon me....a complete stranger.
A good friend of mine had a baby this week. This is always such an emotional experience for me as I recall each of the births of my children. To think that people truly believe there is no God and still witness the birth of a child is beyond me. I have carried my children, I have given birth to my children, I have witnessed others who have had adopted children and had them sealed to them, and I know without a doubt it is through the miracle of a true and living God. This life is a gift..and I am grateful for every second of it.
This week my oldest child will be baptized. My emotions are on fire this week. I feel as though I am extra sensitive to my surroundings. I know this is a gift that I have recieved. One of the most important decisions my son will make in this life, will take place this weekend and I am overwhelmed by this experience. As a mother, I am proud of the decision my child has come to on his own and I only hope that I have taught him well enough up to this point. I am in awe of how fast this life goes. It seems as though only yesterday I held this child in my arms for the first time. How quickly the time will pass...I hope I can hold on to each memory with exactness and fondness.
Tonight as I put my children to bed...I held them just a little bit tighter. I kissed them goodnight....and then I kissed them again for Judy..and again for NieNie....who can't kiss their babies tonight. Each second, each minute, each day of my life...is precious to me. I pray for these families suffering tonight and hope they can feel the peace that has been given to me...through their examples.
8 comments:
You expressed perfectly some of the same emotions I have felt this week also. It has definately been the highest highs and the lowest lows. I was lifted by Judy and her family and my testimony was strengthened. I was also lifted by a strangers life. Her great love for her husband, children parents and siblings. I pray for them and their sweet children.
Are we so emotional! I guess that's what happens when you're raised in a home overflowing with girls. I am consumed thinking of these families and remind myself throughout the day to enjoy each moment...even those when my patience is minimal.
Sweet post Becky. What an emotional week you are having. I am so proud of Dallin for being baptized. What a great man he is going to be someday. Just FYI- there is a blog right now doing a silent auction for Stephanie (Nie Nie) it's the fabulous one I mentioned to you wwww.adailyscoop.blogspot.com It is a blog that has helped me not be so afraid of the tragedies that may strike. Also, thanks for your comments on my blog. It made me feel good to read them. I hope you know that I treasure your friendship in my life as well. I couldn't ask for a better friend! Love you.
What a great post. Thank you for lifting my spirits today as well. I wish Dallin the best of luck on Saturday and offer my deepest congratulations. I hope the guy heating the water is more prepared this time :-)
Thank you for sharing your testimony, it really is beautiful, and you are so eloquent. It puts so much into perspective. Thanks again, and as always...you really are so amazing!
Wow what a profound post. You have been experiencing some powerful situations. I can see how your testimony can just grow from things that you have mentioned. Congrats to Dallin, I hope the baptism was neat. It is so exciting when your children get baptized. It is such a joyous time and full of many emotions.
Okay the tears are flowing! What an inspiring post. I have been following the NieNie blog each day anxious for good new and am absolutely inspired by the faith of that family! We truly are blessed with the knowledge of a true and living God who knows and loves each of us! You and your cute hubby are amazing people! Thanks for refocusing my thoughts!
Thanks for sharing. It is fun to see how Greg has grown up, or has he, just kidding. It's pretty amazing to watch. It also amazes me how our lives still touch each others. FYI, Judy's little first grader, Jaxon, is in my classroom this year at Westmore and Judy will be student teaching with my daughter Tammy at Windsor. Congratulations Greg! I didn't know that you were in the bishopric. Seems that you are following in your dad's footsteps. It's fun to peek into your life every once in awhile.
Post a Comment