I'll sum up this week in pictures and little info!!
Conference weekend is a little piece of heaven in our house. Just having daddy home all day and just being able to veg is pretty dreamy if I do say so myself. We also have made it a tradition to eat nonstop on these weekends. We start on Saturday with homemade egg/bacon/cheese croissant sandwiches!! At lunch this year we threw in a new tradition with homemade fresh smoothies. Greg always goes with his family to Priesthood and dinner and I always go with his mom and my sister in laws for a fun filled night..of course filled with more food. Sunday morning with break out the brunch with Norwegian pancakes filled with fresh fruit whipcream and powdered sugar. YUM...of course it wouldn't be a great meal without some more bacon and sausage and eggs. More smoothies for lunch and Shredded pork tacos for dinner. Dang...I'm tired just typing all that. Now that you have a conference weekend menu I'm sure you can continue on with your day!!! (just on here for posterity people..bare with me!!)
Greg always looks so comfy during conference and let me promise you...he usually doesn't move from his spot the entire day once he has become comfortable....thinks he's a king or something!!! Dallin was so diligent in keeping notes. Don't ask me why he thought the window was a comfortable spot. Colton found making out with the dog took up some good time....YUCK!!
This is our newest bribe with Colton. He despises putting on his oxygen. If you approach our house at bed time you will hear alot of screaming and yelling and bribing and possibly Greg sitting out on the front porch holding Colton's blanky and milk ransom until his oxygen is on. For awhile Greg would do this and then when Colton had his oxygen on then he could knock on the window and Greg would save his blanket and milk from any bear that may be lurking around for a little blanky...cruel but necessary...promise ya!!! Well this week we found that he likes putting on his own tape. If you look closely you will see...it's nowhere close to his cords..but who cares. I just go in and pull off the tape he put on in the middle of the night!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cougars. We got some funny stares as we dined at Costco on Saturday. It was like people were amazed that we could find this much BYU pride in one family!! Get over it!!! I love to dress up in my BYU attire!!!
Um, Greg and I sent the boys out to play the other night while we finished up the dishes. We could hear somebody clearing their throat....guess we didn't realize the "Kissing Patrol" was standing outside the kitchen window. His look of disgust is too much for me!!! You'd think the kid would like his parents to show some kind of affection towards each other!!?!?!?
Alex's hair is getting long and so I was trying to figure out a new way to do it. I did it this way and he took one look in the mirror and said, "MOM!! You see these guys..(he points above each of his ears..) I don't like these guys!!" It was worth a shot!!
This is a picture of Colton throwing a complete fit because we were done reading our scriptures. Boy this kid surprises me sometimes....He seems to be a Laman/Lemuel type. Just kidding!! Seriously...just kidding!!
This my friends is the sign of a very nice head rub!! Thank you Gregory!!!!
Greg and I went bowling this weekend....let's just say this is possible. I got 2 spares and a strike and still ended up with 51 points. I guess 5 gutter will do that to you!! My hottie ended up with 125 and wanted to cry....poor baby!!
Well, Greg and I went and visited with our doctor..again...this week. I of course left in tears feeling sorry for myself. It looks as though my "womb" is closed for business.....or it isn't yet but it should be!!! Let me state it once again....I am so grateful for the three that I have. Each a miracle with amazing stories to tell. People don't understand why I'd want to do it again..but I did...but I won't...so I'm sad!! That's all that need to be said right now!!! Sometimes details are too personal...even for me!!!
Chow!
8 comments:
Love all the pictures! Your boys are so cute! They must get it from their aunt. Love the hair from the rub. Greg should take special note of the big smile it left on your face.
I'm sorry about the el wombo. I know you ache for another little one. And it is such a miracle that your boys are with you and so healthy. We love them!
Fun catch up post. Can I just say that it's a good thing we didn't see each other at Costco on Saturday or the entire place might have exploded with that many people dressed in BYU attire- and of course, we would have been dressed exactly alike from what I can see of you in that picture. Not surprising!!! Sorry about the baby thing. I know the ache all too well. I'm back on my adoption kick, we'll see what comes of it! Love you!
Hi Becky...
This is Natalie, the Natalie that bought your house. :) (Thats the only way i know how to refer to myself to you). Your family is so dang cute and they are getting so big! I can't believe how grown up they look. I have been meaning to make a confession to you. When you moved out you left some pumpkin spice lotion under the kitchen sink. THis is the second fall that I have used your lotion (is that gross?) and I just want you to know that its fabulous. So in case you were wondering if it was going to waste, its not..I'm sure you've been worried about it.Oh,and if you would like it back I can mail you the unused portion. :)
On a more serious note, i am sorry to hear about everything with the docs. That is so frustrating and I don't know exactly what you are going through, but I understand wanting children and not being able to have them. It is so so hard and people who haven't gone through it often don't understand the emotional rollercoaste that it is. I hope that you find comfort and peace during this trial and my prayers are with you.Hang in there!
The pic of you any your boys in your cougar gear is so darn cute. You guys are such a cute family. Your Conference menu sounds yum. So sorry for the heartache. We send lots of love your way!
I am so sorry that you are sad and the the womb is closed for business. I am sure your heart is just broken to pieces. I know you love babies and you would have 10 if you could. You are a great mom and you have some amazing boys! I sure love you and my heart goes out to you.
That was a great post. Thanks for sharing. It is always fun to get to know someone through their own thoughts on a blog.
I'm sorry Bec! That's so sad. You DO have the cutest, sweetest, most precious boys on this earth. :) I love the picture of the aftermath from your head rub. Please have Greg teach Brad the concept of 'I scratch your back, you scratch mine'. Or in the Johnson case, 'tickle'. He's the worst at giving rubbing my shoulders.It might at well be a feather tickling me. It just makes me more annoyed, so then I tell him to forget it. I think he does it on purpose.
Hi Becky. I just wanted to let you know that I love ya and I think of you often.
Post a Comment