Today I learned why I don't venture out as much as I should...to excercise. I spent a half an hour on the treadmill and then decided to take the boys out on a walk. When I got out to the shed I saw my bike...hmmmm...maybe just maybe this could be fun. Greg and I take the boys out for bike rides a lot but hooking up the stroller to my bike seems to be tricky...but I decided today was a great day for a bike ride! Humph!! After much effort, (this would usually count as my workout...geez) I got the dang thing hooked on!! Yeah! I took it out for a test run because once I put in on backwards and about killed myself and my children when I tried to take a turn. Greg came home and tried it and said, "Hey, its on here right, I don't know what you are talking about!!" He took off down our drive way and turned to go on the street and about did a 360 with the stroller in tow....I couldn't help but laugh at him. Teach him to mock me and my biking abilities!! Anyways, it seemed like it was on there right. For the most part we had an enjoyable ride. It was beautiful and there was some flock of something making a lot of noise in the sky and doing some awesome formations. I was feeling like a pretty good and "exercisable" mother. (It's a shame you can't lose weight from one bike ride!!) Well, after about the 321st time the stoller fell off of the bike I decided it was time to head home. We were pretty far from home and I knew we'd encounter at least 50 more times of it falling off when all of a sudden my pedal was acting weird. I was trying to figure it out without crashing into the sidewalk when OF COURSE....my pedal fell off. I stopped the bike just in time for my dang stroller to fall off once again. Crap!! I was far away from home and I needed a wrench or whatever the heck that tool was that those nice workers used to put my pedal back on. Yes, I ventured out and asked a complete stranger(s) to help me with my pedal.... Shocking I know...I figured it was taking the risk of being attacked by a stranger or walking the couple of miles back home pushing my stupid bike and my children. (For those who just entered the picture...I'm freakishly paranoid!!!) well, we made it home after being gone for 2 hours and as we pulled in my large 2 year old that I've pulled around for two hours says, "yeah, we're home...I'm tired!!!!" Me too buddy...me too!!! Here's to rainy days and a treadmill!!! (just kidding..it was fun...and I may possibly do it again!!)..........(next spring)
Monday, October 6, 2008
Nice day for a bike ride ay?
Today I learned why I don't venture out as much as I should...to excercise. I spent a half an hour on the treadmill and then decided to take the boys out on a walk. When I got out to the shed I saw my bike...hmmmm...maybe just maybe this could be fun. Greg and I take the boys out for bike rides a lot but hooking up the stroller to my bike seems to be tricky...but I decided today was a great day for a bike ride! Humph!! After much effort, (this would usually count as my workout...geez) I got the dang thing hooked on!! Yeah! I took it out for a test run because once I put in on backwards and about killed myself and my children when I tried to take a turn. Greg came home and tried it and said, "Hey, its on here right, I don't know what you are talking about!!" He took off down our drive way and turned to go on the street and about did a 360 with the stroller in tow....I couldn't help but laugh at him. Teach him to mock me and my biking abilities!! Anyways, it seemed like it was on there right. For the most part we had an enjoyable ride. It was beautiful and there was some flock of something making a lot of noise in the sky and doing some awesome formations. I was feeling like a pretty good and "exercisable" mother. (It's a shame you can't lose weight from one bike ride!!) Well, after about the 321st time the stoller fell off of the bike I decided it was time to head home. We were pretty far from home and I knew we'd encounter at least 50 more times of it falling off when all of a sudden my pedal was acting weird. I was trying to figure it out without crashing into the sidewalk when OF COURSE....my pedal fell off. I stopped the bike just in time for my dang stroller to fall off once again. Crap!! I was far away from home and I needed a wrench or whatever the heck that tool was that those nice workers used to put my pedal back on. Yes, I ventured out and asked a complete stranger(s) to help me with my pedal.... Shocking I know...I figured it was taking the risk of being attacked by a stranger or walking the couple of miles back home pushing my stupid bike and my children. (For those who just entered the picture...I'm freakishly paranoid!!!) well, we made it home after being gone for 2 hours and as we pulled in my large 2 year old that I've pulled around for two hours says, "yeah, we're home...I'm tired!!!!" Me too buddy...me too!!! Here's to rainy days and a treadmill!!! (just kidding..it was fun...and I may possibly do it again!!)..........(next spring)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I am proud of you for asking for help! I know how hard that had to have been for you. It sounds like your kids had fun at least!
This sounds like a time that you may have been talking about previously but instead of finding you walking around shoeless, in this case it was pedal-less. Too bad I wasn't around to be able to take you home. I am so proud of you for asking for help. I think I would have just tossed the bike with the stroller and walked home.
I'm glad you asked for help. Most people are nice you know :) Good for you for trying because I wouldn't- ha ha!
Oh, I bet you totally lost at LEAST a pound by doing that...go eat some ice cream or something to celebrate (that's what I always seem to do!)
That should teach you what happens when you exercise.
he he you make me chuckle. Way to be productive though,
what a fun experience. Least you made it back home safely. I agree on the weight loss thing. If you are going to put that much dang effort into something so simple you mine as well drop a few pounds while you are at it.
Sorry for the troubles. With that much effort the pounds better be shedding off!
You see... that is why I make it a point to never exercise!
Haha! That is why I don't ever do things like that. It is way too much effort for me and then I just get mad! I am not very patient. Maybe that is why I don't have girls! (knock on wood!)
You are hilarious!! I love your blog! I am so glad I asked if you blogged. You really make me laugh so hard. Thanks for the visit today, it made my day!
I heard if, every once in a while, you alternate lettting go of the handle bars and stretching your arms out, and then put your hands back on and kick your feet out to the side, it will help you loose weight! It's something to do with the force of gravity, neutrons, and kryptonite....yep! Please do it next time, and have somebody video tape you. I promise Bec! It works. :) ... By the way, I saw your Coke free (liquid not substance) widget thingy on the bottom. Is that forreal? Good girl!
Mel...shhh draw no attention to that little coke thing. It did last a couple of weeks but must now be taken down. Its there for momil to see!!
Becky, LOVE your blog! You are hilarious! I love your sense of humor as well as your "real" stories! - Tricia
Post a Comment