Wow, Dallin..that doesn't really look like a $1.50 pumpkin. (Inside joke...just ask Greg!)
All tuckered out after a long FULL day!!! Dallin seems to be adoring his pumpkin!! Man those hormones start early these days!!
These pictures say it all. "You will take a picture whether you like it or not!!"
Ahhh. time for a change. (The blog..did you notice?) I always need a little switch up to make me feel satisfied.
It's taken me awhile to post this post..don't ask me why. Just haven't been in the mood to add the pictures I guess.
Have I mentioned I love the FALL!?!?! This is my favorite time of year. I love the crispness in the air. I crave so many things this time of year. I crave soup! I crave crisp nights outside playing a little game of P-I-G. I crave the holidays. (hence, we sang Christmas songs before bed last night) I crave sweatshirts and warm blankets. I crave the urge to wear my big multicolored slippers. I crave dark nights. I crave rolling around in the leaves....this is usually better with the boys..and even better with the my hubby if you catch my drift!! I crave having a reason to snuggle up with my family on cool nights. I obviously get a little nostalgic this time of year. I look at my family and I feel so content I never want this time to end. Ahhhh. anyways!!
The weekend was filled with fun. Bowling, Pumpkin patch...(ew..dirty), movies, sack lunches, Joe's chips and salsa,..and a whole lot of excitement. I love a long weekend. Greg unfortunetly only took off one day but we sure jammed alot into that one day. We of course had fun..but can I just claim that I hate the pumpkin patch. Every year I dread going there. I can't believe we pay money to go wander around in a little dinky corn maze...smell turkey poop....and jam 75 kids onto each blow up toy. Seriously. I panic the whole time they are playing...germs and some serious injuries can be caused on those things. Greg laughs at me the whole time but really don't let those pictures fool you...I don't find it that fun at all.
Greg and I went out on a hot date that night. We of course went to my favorite Joeditos as I like to call it. We then went to a movie. All day we were debating what movie to go to. I had my pick..."Nights in Rodanthe" and he had his movie....you know the one just like all of the others but they are just playing another sport? If you tell Greg it is based on a true story he will pay to see it and you better believe he will own it. We have every "based on a true story" movie that was ever made. He claims Savannah Smiles was a true story...he just likes an excuse for why he cries like a baby every time he sees that movie. Anyways..he acted like he was going to be a gentleman and let me see my movie but I am not dumb and so I got up to the window and asked the lady which one she would go see. She said the one about the sports and so I said, "We will take two to that." She says, "Oh, well we just sold our last two tickets." Of course you did!! So, I say to Greg that we don't have to go see amovie tonight and we can just go another night. He was like, "No, no...let's go see your movie. It is okay." He practically forced me to buy those tickets. I thought it was pretty nice of him...he was a true gentleman... until we got down the hallway and he was like, "here come over here. We'll just sneak into mine." Of course we will. How could I be so silly. Only Greg. well,...Greg's movie was ACTUALLY sold out. Not a seat in the house. He just sat there and hesitated like two seats were going to suddenly be available. Finally I dragged him out of there and we headed to mine which had a couple of seats. Of course none of them were by each other and ofcourse no body can scoot over...everyone has to have a seat inbetween them. Just as we were going to go exchange our tickets some kid stood up and left and there sat four seats. Now of course they were in the break your neck by staring straight up section..but they were actually by each other. Perfect!!! And then....the chick...teeny bopper..okay college bopper sitting next to me....sat chewing and popping her gum so obnoxiously I thought I was going to scream. It was a flash back to the ACT when the kid next to me did the same thing and I won't even reveal what that math score was on the ACT...I blame it all on him. She was so annoying. And then at the end I did get a little emotional...but I make sure not to make an ugly face...I let the tears roll. I heard the stupid chick lean over to her boyfriend and say..in a loud voice..trying to whisper..."The lady next to me is crying." First of all...I'm not a grandma..dont' call me lady and second of all...I HEARD YOU!!! They seriously just sat and watched me the rest of the time and I wanted to pick my nose or something to give them something else to talk about. ANNOYING!!! Anyways...Greg liked the movie...like I knew he would because he likes crying movies...just ask him about "Charlie"!!!
Well, life is great and I love spending time with my family. It goes too fast!! I wish every weekend could be a five day weekend. But then wouldn't that make it more of a weekday and then work would be like the weekend. Okay...I need some serious caffeine.
7 comments:
Your boys sleeping/loving their pumpkins is so crazy cute! Why must the pumpkin patch be oh so vey stinky? We had stinky pigs at ours - BARF! Love the Movie story. We rarely go and when we do it is almost always not my girly pick. Nice you did end up going to see your pick. Sorry for the lamo teenager and her gum and comments to her BF. Hope you continue to have a fun fall - it's the best!
That's one of the movies we saw with mom and she had a big piece of napkin stuck to her face from crying. I'm still laughing about it. That's funny the girl was talking about you. That's probably how she stopped herself from crying. I love the pumpkin patch. I love Halloween. I love the boys with their pumpkins. So cute!
Ha ha! That is such a funny story about the movies! Jake is soooooo like that! No wonder they got along so well! Anyway, every wife deserves to see her chick flick every once in a while. It's been a long time for me! I'm sick of Jake's dumb fighting, killing, stressful movies!
Sounds like a fun weekend. I totally know hoe you feel about her calling you "LADY", if someone calls me ma'am I get all irratated. I still feel young so I would prefer "ms" even though it's not proper. Wow that was a a bunch of rambling, but I know you know what I mean.
I love the pumpkin patch. Next year you need to come here and go to ours. Dallin can love his pumpkin more all the way home.
You know I love a good crying movie. Heck, I love a good crying commercial. Scott and I went to see Flash of Genius on Friday. I cried even though I hated it. Greg would have liked it, it's based on a true story. Even though he wins in the end (hopefully not giving anything away since its a true story) he lost what was important in life. Sad!
Oh...Savannah Smiles....sniff, sniff
Hehehe your stories always leave me chuckling.
Post a Comment