I suppose I should calm down before I begin this little rant of mine....okay, breath in.. and now breath out!! (it's not working) I used to wonder why boys got worked up so much over stupid things...and now I know. What I don't understand is why I can't just go sit at a nice quiet dance recital and enjoy the music..instead I have become the ultimate soccer mom!!! Now, this is mostly good except for when I get that intense feeling to scream for the boys to kick the other boys in the groin (or the other coach for that matter)!! Last night we played the #1 team. If we beat them we took 1st..if they beat us they took 1st. It just happened that I know the other coach and it just happens that he is the most arrogant swearword in the whole entire world. When Greg talked to him on the phone he pretty much told Greg "Good Luck" on beating our team. That just worked me up and then when he came to the field the first thing he did was start screaming and yelling like a two year old...so I did what any mature person would do....I SCREAMED BACK (but mine was more like a 4 year old). Anyways..our team was amazing and their team unfortunetly got 3 penatly kicks and one corner kick goal and we lost 4-2. The sad thing for their team is that their team wasn't that great..they had ONE amazing player who got to do all of those kicks and got the goal everytime. Take away their best player and our best player and we would have kicked their behinds because the truth is that they have ONE good player and everyone on our team is amazing. Oh, and it doesn't help that the officials were 11. Anyways,..I think I really embarassed my peeps because I couldn't control myself. How sad is that. Okay, I DID control myself because I had a few words that wanted to pop out and I didn't let them...now that is self control!! At the end of the day I don't understand why I am so worked up when we are dealing with 9 year old soccer....Oh well, we play them in spring two times..I'll just have to make sure I'm through with my anger management courses!?!?!!? :)
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Why I may need anger management!!
I suppose I should calm down before I begin this little rant of mine....okay, breath in.. and now breath out!! (it's not working) I used to wonder why boys got worked up so much over stupid things...and now I know. What I don't understand is why I can't just go sit at a nice quiet dance recital and enjoy the music..instead I have become the ultimate soccer mom!!! Now, this is mostly good except for when I get that intense feeling to scream for the boys to kick the other boys in the groin (or the other coach for that matter)!! Last night we played the #1 team. If we beat them we took 1st..if they beat us they took 1st. It just happened that I know the other coach and it just happens that he is the most arrogant swearword in the whole entire world. When Greg talked to him on the phone he pretty much told Greg "Good Luck" on beating our team. That just worked me up and then when he came to the field the first thing he did was start screaming and yelling like a two year old...so I did what any mature person would do....I SCREAMED BACK (but mine was more like a 4 year old). Anyways..our team was amazing and their team unfortunetly got 3 penatly kicks and one corner kick goal and we lost 4-2. The sad thing for their team is that their team wasn't that great..they had ONE amazing player who got to do all of those kicks and got the goal everytime. Take away their best player and our best player and we would have kicked their behinds because the truth is that they have ONE good player and everyone on our team is amazing. Oh, and it doesn't help that the officials were 11. Anyways,..I think I really embarassed my peeps because I couldn't control myself. How sad is that. Okay, I DID control myself because I had a few words that wanted to pop out and I didn't let them...now that is self control!! At the end of the day I don't understand why I am so worked up when we are dealing with 9 year old soccer....Oh well, we play them in spring two times..I'll just have to make sure I'm through with my anger management courses!?!?!!? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I say keep yelling as much as you want. There really is only a small window when the kids are young enough that it is alright. Right? I mean you should hear some of the parents at my niece's games. She is in High School. It is insane. I mean come on you have already made progress and are acting more mature then this other guy. If he sounds like he is two and you are four, then there is nothing to worry about!:)
If he were such a great coach, he'd have the whole team making goals and not just his star player making penalty kicks. I'm sure he intimidated the poor baby officials and told them he was watching to make sure they called the penalties knowing that was their only way to score points.
I'm sorry they loss. I hope you kick their behinds in the spring. Good luck on not screaming again. If you need any help, I think hand gestures work well too. J/K (wink wink)
Seriously...you are my hero. YELL AWAY! I think we'd all be better off in life if we did just a bit more yelling, don't you (just not at our children, of course.) And you know your team will kick their cans in the spring because you'll want it more (losing does have an upside). You'll have to let us know how it goes!
I feel your pain. Watching 4 soccer games a week for 6 weeks was a strain on my ability to not make an idiot of myself. I think it was even harder on Jason.
My blood is pumping by just reading your post. It's hard not to get emotionally involved, or go overboard when our children and their emotions are involved. I hope that next time you guys will kick their trash (and if the soccer team doesn't, you can literally do it yourself and you won't have to worry about refs giving you a card!)
Post a Comment